NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

We still don't know how it's all going to go down. It could be something like this:

Batman is angry at Superman for what happened in MOS

They argue/fight etc

Wonder Woman is doing stuff (helping, stopping them, doing something else)

They eventually team up to defeat whatever big bad

Agree to form Justice League

Brief flashes of who will be the JL members

The other members could be part of a 1 minute montage at the end for all we know. Similar to the post-credits scenes kind of thing, but hopefully not post-credit because that's played out.

Oh yeah I know, it could very well turn out to be awesome and everyone is used really well. I just dont have a lot of faith that it will thats all.

I don't think it'll be an issue. I honestly don't think the likes of Aquaman will be in it for any kind of significant time. Bats and Supes will be the focus with a good chunk of WW thrown in. Gaurdians of the Galaxy also proved you can do a team up movie with a whole bunch of characters and make it work just fine.

I also don't think DC need to copy Marvel in regards to setting up the universe.

Is that tattoo design (the triangle one) coincidentally something Aquaman has had before, or did they choose the design because Momoa already has one with that design?

Here is a really good article on ScreenRant about the meaning of his tattoos.

Jason Momoa’s ‘Aquaman’ Armor & Tattoos Explained

Another one of the most common images found in Polynesian tattooing is of shark teeth, given the highly spiritual view of the fish among island people. Though sharks are known to most mainlanders today for their lethality, the shark deity Ka-moho-aliʻi is particularly revered, often credited with guiding the first peoples of Hawaii to the islands.

Because of that, lines or fields of the triangular shark teeth are meant to communicate guidance, ferocity, and power. These tattoos seem to be spread all over Aquaman’s sides and chest, once again implying his authority – and responsibility – over his people. As it happens, the armored bracer on Aquaman’s left arm is adorned with the exact same field of shark teeth Momoa already possesses. As he explained in an interview with Inked magazine, the shark is his aumakua, or family deity:

“It’s something my cousins all have, and it goes on the left side of your arm—it’s like a guardian. It’s basically like your power animal, whatever animal represents your family or your tribe. And ours is a shark, a mano. And then there are arrows that face out—out of your heart, that’s what it represents.”

I mean rushing more like they are so desperate to create the type of Universe that Marvel spent years building that they are introducing too many characters in just one movie.

In contrast, another Marvel universe was set up in under 30-minutes of the first X-men. Personally I prefer Fox's approach, things like a Dr Strange name drop in CA2 shouldn't be as big a deal as it is. How many times do we have to hear some self-deprecating joke about someone with a stupid name like Ant-Man because these introductions are so strung out and these 'meta-humans' (or whatever you wanbt to call them) are still unusual within their own universe.

And really how many characters do you think is too many to introduce? How many does X-men introduce? Watchmen? A film like Alien? They are all great films, and what problems they do have has nothing to do with too many characters. Except Alien, which has no problems because it is perfect.

Shot of Supergirl from the new series. I think she looks pretty terrible, more like a cheerleader.

ustv-supergirl-first-look.jpg

I like it, it turned out much better than expected. The costume certainly looks better in promo shots than the Flash outfit did in its promo's.

Im not necessarily against the costume but I just dont think the actress looks right at all

I think it looks great and I think it'll look even better on camera. These dark backdrops aren't doing the muted colours any favours. I don't really get the hate thrown at it on Instagram. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Yes, there's a red mesh on the costume that you can barely see in those images. Still, I was expecting someone younger.

Huh, the last I heard about Supergirl was a rumour that turned out to be false, now we've jumped to promo shots, apparently I missed a memo somewhere.

I wish DC would stick with their decisions, Supergirl was redesigned for the New 52, why not go with that look?

I wonder if this story will follow the MoS comic which brought Supergirl to Earth in that ship Supes found in the arctic.

This is in the wrong thread. This Supergirl isn't in the DC Cinematic Universe, she's getting her own TV show.

Also, just because a look works in the comics doesn't mean it'll work in live action. And they shouldn't even have to be the same, if you ask me. Otherwise we'd still be stuck with a stupid-ass looking luchador for Bane.

Edited by Daft

I just think it makes DC's integrity seem a little flimsy. They took the leap with the New 52 and redesigned all of their core players, putting Superman in a suit of armour with a collar and dropping the super-undies. It was a bold move not many people loved and they refused to backpedal on it... for a while. They partway bring the outfit into the Superman movie but don't go the whole way. They continue to release cartoons with the old style because they're more relatable.

It's not that I want one outfit or another*, I'm just reminded of Xbox One having all those daring new ideas and then chickening out because of the public's confusion.

That said, this Supergirl outfit just looks exactly like the one from the 80s movie, albeit with a "modern" texture à la Spidey 00s/Superman Returns. It's more than a throwback, she looks like a cheerleader.

The multitude of interpretations is one of the best thing about comics. I'd absolutely hate them to be homogenise. But then I side with Morrison and think DC and Marvel should reboot their universes every 10/15 years.

Apparently they're considering James Wan (Fast & Furious 7, Saw, Conjuring) to helm Aquaman, but depends on future FF sequels.

Source

Did Kat Von D design that placeholder image...?

But yay etc!

I'm thinking I might try to avoid the trailer but I'm also thinking I don't have nearly enough willpower for that.

Don't you always say you're going to avoid the trailer and then end up viewing it? :heh:

It's a year to release, I'm sure this will be more of a "get hyped!" trailer than anything too spoilery.

And then in a few months time we'll get another at Comic Con :yay:

If it's one thing Warner Bros is good at too, it's teasers. Godzilla, Gravity, Interstellar and Man of Steel all had amazing teaser trailers that didn't ruin anything.

If only they were as good at films.

You didn't like any of those films?