NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

I'd like to see a movie without WB's involvement and one without ZS's involvement to see where the bigger issue lies.

Let's solve this with science!

I went to the cinema to watch Batman: The Killing Joke yesterday. It was quite good, as expected due to the material it's based on, but I didn't like the visuals - they were too plain and the 3D effects (CGI) were very reminiscent of early 2000s. The story was great, though, and that ending...! Even my wife enjoyed it despite never having watched a Batman-cartoon except the one from the mid 90s.

Got to admit, at the moment I would rather watch that movie than the actual Justice League one.

Funny or not (i liked it), that was very well done.

As rumoured, Harley Quinn is getting a spin-off. Interesting THR also states "a Suicide Squad spinoff for her character Harley Quinn (as well as other DC heroines)". I know there was a rumour it would be Harley Quinn and other female villains but unsure if its billed as that, or just a HQ film with a number of other characters.

She's also going to be EP.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/margot-robbie-signs-first-look-928813

Mera.

Mera-First-Look-Final-Photo.jpg

Kind of a terrible photo but I absolutely...love the costume.

For comparison,

t3_57562g?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.reddituploads.com%2Fb06af63c1d4949c98d3681373a8b72d3%3Ffit%3Dmax%26h%3D1536%26w%3D1536%26s%3D4c5a28ad8b8c289bf42759c9365a3f87&token=AQAANFL_V9MXbBXpuEhY9eHFva8STJ976yaKF86LNOMez3A1DvhZ

What is wrong with DC's marketing/publicity department. That looks like someone's cosplay photo.

Is your issue with the costume or photo?

It's a Snyder photo. He just wishes MySpace was still around.

Is your issue with the costume or photo?

It's a Snyder photo. He just wishes MySpace was still around.

My issue is with the direction of the photography, which has reduced the quality of the what is probably a great costume.

Oh right. Synder's official publicity shots of all the costumes have been grey/washed out. It's just his thing. Someone has colour-corrected it though as posted by Daft above (which obviously shouldn't need to happen but hey ho, here we are).

It's a shame but better it happen now then much later into production. Same thing happened with Wonder Woman and it's looking promising.

It does have amazing shots of Italy though, which is giving me travel lust.

This is the most glorious piece of entertainment news in the history of reality. I am whelmed.