NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Pretty nice trailer but it kinds of... Spoils the entire story and cameo? 

Which cameo do you feel it spoiled? I'm pretty sure most of the characters in the trailer had been officially announced recently...and probably aren't cameos, but more fully fledged or supporting roles. 

As for showing off the story...

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yep that trailer gave the entire film away. 

I think WB have long been in a very weird position with this film, from the originally slated 2018 Flash film to now, there have been dozens of writers attached to the project. There's the whole Ezra Miller controversy. And instead of being a solo outing, it's adapting Flashpoint, probably the best known Flash arc, to soft reset the DCEU and lead into the new DCU alongside the new Aquaman movie and close up shop on the mess of the last 10 years of DCEU projects. 

Way I see it, they're in the final stretch of a school project but have no idea how to conclude yet want desperately for it to be over...so naturally the conclusion is to just throw the kitchen sink at us with the trailer :p I'm more surprised that the film is even seeing a release if I'm honest, yes it's a $200M+ film but given the mess of its production and surrounding controversies, and the fact that the HBO Max Batgirl movie (with a reported $90M budget) got cancelled kind of compounds my surprise that this has somehow stayed above water all these years. Reports also say it's tested well with audiences, but that means almost nothing these days ::shrug:

I saw a while ago that this movie was announced when The Flash was in its first season and the show will wrap it's 8th and final season around the time (I think just before) it's even out. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I saw a while ago that this movie was announced when The Flash was in its first season and the show will wrap it's 8th and final season around the time (I think just before) it's even out. 

I mean, to make it sound even worse and twist the knife a bit because that's always fun: The Flash (TV show) premiered on 7th October 2014, and The Flash movie was announced on 15th October 2014, meaning the show was just two episodes in before a big budget blockbuster movie with a new Flash was announced. 

Y'know, just in case the last decade wasn't evidence enough of how poorly WB has handled the DCEU :p

It has some No Way Home vibes - it looks good despite all the evidence to the contrary.