NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

90% of the trailer looks like a video game opening cinematic. 

Did Snyder use his old computer from 300 to make it or something?

The weird thing is, they supposedly only shot like 12 minutes of extra footage for this, and yet I barely recognise any of the shots in that trailer.

Is the whole film just going to be CGI?

16 hours ago, bob said:

The weird thing is, they supposedly only shot like 12 minutes of extra footage for this, and yet I barely recognise any of the shots in that trailer.

Is the whole film just going to be CGI?

Yes. Empty, non-sensical CGI.

16 hours ago, bob said:

Most of the footage in this version was stuff that was cut when they asked Joss Whedon to make it into a more "Avengers-like" film. 

Bless Henry Cavill. He's so eager to do it in spite of seemingly being ignored. The little himbo that could. 

I was just thinking we needed another Superman reboot. Hopefully we find out more about his origins in this one.

So, Snyder's Cut is out today. I'm kind of curious but it being 4 hours long is just a motivational killer to me. Will have to break it into two parts for sure.

Edit: It's not the 18th today. Sorry about that!

Edited by MindFreak

15 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

So, Snyder's Cut is out today. I'm kind of curious but it being 4 hours long is just a motivational killer to me. Will have to break it into two parts for sure.

Are you sure? Everything I’m seeing says the 18th?

Either way though I’m not paying to see it. I’m curious just to see what it is but personally I’m just expecting a different kind of mess to Joss Whedon’s version, nothing better. It’s still Zack Snyder after all. When it comes on Sky’s regular movie channels I’ll give it a watch.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Are you sure? Everything I’m seeing says the 18th?

Oh... I'm a week ahead of myself. Guess I really want to skip my birthday next week. XD

Here in Denmark, it launches on my HBO streaming subscription so it's "free" for me.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

Hmm maybe I'll set up a new email address to get a NowTV free trial to check it out at some point.

That being said I've still not watched WW84 as I'm not paying £17 to watch it at home.

WW84 also launches on HBO over here so I'll be watching that when it's available. Looking forward to that even though it should be pretty average.

8 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

WW84 also launches on HBO over here so I'll be watching that when it's available. Looking forward to that even though it should be pretty average.

Pretty average is far too generous for WW84! That film is pretty damn awful, probably only disliked Suicide Squad more when it comes to the DCEU.

Such a shame as the trailer made it look amazing. I heard it completely wastes the 80s setting?

Yeah I don't think there was really any need to set it in the 80s, can't remember much impact that had - certainly didn't tie it into the soundtrack which was a big missed opportunity I think. The biggest issue is how they handled Steve Trevor and his return...

Spoiler

They just hijacked some random dudes body and shoved Steve's soul (?) in it. Some of what they then do with this rando's body certainly raises concerns over consent!

In a movie that has established that magic is real they could have brought him back pretty much any other way!

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

That being said I've still not watched WW84 as I'm not paying £17 to watch it at home.

And for that price you don't even get to keep it, either. It expires after 48 hours.

Why do Ben Affleck's lines sound like someone went "read this" without telling him what it was for? It sounds like half confused mumbling.

21 minutes ago, Cube said:

Why do Ben Affleck's lines sound like someone went "read this" without telling him what it was for? It sounds like half confused mumbling.

I think while filming Justice League Ben Affleck was at his lowest point so it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know what he was saying half the time or just didn’t care.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I think while filming Justice League Ben Affleck was at his lowest point so it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t know what he was saying half the time or just didn’t care.

Affleck is an accomplished film maker. He probably spent 5 minutes talking to Snyder and thought "what the fuck have I gotten myself into".

49 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Affleck is an accomplished film maker. He probably spent 5 minutes talking to Snyder and thought "what the fuck have I gotten myself into".

Or was it like this?

3477-jpg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking through reviews and this quote stuck out:

[Snyder's] Justice League is overlong, miserable and signifies nothing other than the potential of fandom to influence top-level creative decision-making.

it feels like in the majority of cases that's a recipe for disaster.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing in this particular case. It's not taking away from the previous version and directors cuts are nothing new. 

Sure it came to pass because of fan enthusiasm, but the Snyders were on board anyway and it seems that very little (if anything) has been changed from what was originally planned back in 2017 so it's not a Mass Effect kind of situation where fans have dictated a change of course.

Unlike The Rise of Skywalker which was written in such a way because Lucasfilm bowed to angry youtuber/fanboy mentality and their idiotic complaints about The Last Jedi. "bOmbS dON't dRoP iN sPAce!!!!111", "LuKe is sUPosSed tO be A BaDasS, tHiS FilM sUckS!!!!!111".

I can't speak to Justice League too much but I think this takes away from the original a fair bit, it muddies the water and divides the fandom. But hey, an opportunity to make more money so the execs won't care. 

As for Mass Effect, that does seem like one of the highest profile cases that started it all, but I actually respect Bioware a fair bit for sticking to their original ending and only expanding it for the most part, rather than completely re-writing it.

Edited by Ronnie