NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

Watched Shazam on Saturday. I really enjoyed it, even if my wife was a bit lukewarm about it. 

It was really pleasing that the majority of it hadn't been included in the trailers at all, so most of it was a surprise (admittedly i knew nothing about the superhero, or the premise beforehand other than Chuck was in it, and therefore it would be great).

It was a bit slow to get going, but didn't feel too long, and the last 20 mins were great. It was one of those films where the sequel looks like it might be better than the first one though. 

Interesting. Will this film even be in a DCEU, or are they dumping that?

Pattinson as Batman is a very big surprise (though it was hinted at earlier). And not a pleasant one - I don't see it. He needs to bulk quite a bit for the role for one thing.

Pattinson as Batman is a very big surprise (though it was hinted at earlier). And not a pleasant one - I don't see it. He needs to bulk quite a bit for the role for one thing.
robert-pattinson-working-out-beach-muscles-body-shirtless-03.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200&ssl=1

This guy? He's not that tiny.

Plus the studio pays for diet, personal trainer etc support.  Look at Zachary Levi now compared to a few years ago.

Birds of Pray trailer:

Looks alright but nothing spectacular. Will probably just wait for it to come to Netflix. 

I really hope that it's just a bad trailer because that focussed way too much on Harley Quinn and the other Birds of Prey seem pointless. At the moment it looks bad to me.

To be honest it never should have been a Bird's of Prey movie as that's not a Harley Quinn thing. Would have been much better as Gotham City Sirens with Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman.

Hopefully it will be better than the first one, which was absolutely tripe. Fingers crossed they lean into a more fun type of DC movie, like Shazam and Aquaman.

Interesting choice of music but it gives the trailer a good vibe. It looks decent but I don't think it'll be quite as good as the first one.

Thought the first one was total crap, couldn't understand what the hype was about. Can't say I'm that excited about this one either (apart from the potential for a bitching soundtrack). 

It was my hope that they would try to blend in more of the mythological elements like they've done in recent runs of the comics, and not just pay lip service to them like the last one. They'd need some imagination for that though, something the first showed no evidence of.

Phew, glad they've finally done a camera test.

I was worried the cameras wouldn't work, but my mind is at rest now.

Well the Snyder cut of Justice League is being released on HBO Max next year... So there's that. 

Best I can hope for is that it shuts everyone up moaning for it.....but it won't.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Best I can hope for is that it shuts everyone up moaning for it.....but it won't.

It's the DC's Brexit. There's always going to be unhappy people.

More details, including it possibly being released episodically, are here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-snyder-cut-plans-revealed-it-will-be-an-new-thing-1295102

I’d love to see a tv show Barry Allen cameo in the movie like we got Ezra Miller in the Crisis crossover.

Ok stuff is coming out of DC FanDome at the moment and the two trailers I’ve seen so far have had some pretty ropey cgi. Cheetah looks terrible in the Wonder Woman 84 trailer and so does Darkseid in the Snyder cut Justice League trailer that leaked.

Looks alright to me and I think they will make it look better in the final version of the movie (if that isn't done yet, at least).

ALso, good trailer.

The second trailer kind of ruined all further Wonder Woman 84 trailers for me it was so good.