NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

You didn't like any of those films?

I haven't seen Gravity, but the others were ok. I just meant they weren't as good as the teaser trailers made out. Godzilla was probably my favourite out of those.

I'm hard pressed to think of any teaser that is worse than the film. It's hard to make 120 seconds bad.

In other news,

'Wonder Woman' Movie Finds a New Director

patty_jenkins_wonder_woman_split.jpg

I'm glad of the change tbh. MacLaren would have been great but I didn't like (rumoured) direction she was heading.

From BadAss Digest,

"Zack Snyder wanted the movie to be set in the Crimean War, while MacLaren wanted WWI. I'm curious how Steve Trevor, traditionally Wonder Woman's boyfriend, fits into this movie now - MacLaren wanted to make him very much a damsel in distress character, which would have been a fun reversal, but which apparently also made Steve seem so incompetent you wondered what Diana even saw in him."

The Crimean War seems to make much more sense. From the Wikipedia.

The war had a permanent impact. Through nationalist movements incited by the war, the present-day states of Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, and regions such as Crimea and the Caucasus all changed in small or large ways due to this conflict.

The Crimean War was one of the first conflicts to use modern technologies such as explosive naval shells, railways and telegraphs. The war was one of the first to be documented extensively in written reports and photographs.

An old photo of Wonder Woman at a battle could tie in to how she's an immortal warrior. And she could definitely show off her powers on a brutal battlefield like that. And the setting is definitely closer to Greece than say Germany.

... the war quickly became an iconic symbol of logistical, medical and tactical failures and mismanagement. The reaction in Britain was a demand for professionalization, most famously achieved by Florence Nightingale, who gained worldwide attention for pioneering modern nursing while treating the wounded.

In Wonder Woman's first comic appearance, her original alter ego is as a nurse to a soldier.

I think this would avoid comparisons with Captain America (I know, that was WWII) as well as the trodden ground of both World Wars.

Edited by Daft

The 2020 Green Lantern movie is officially called Green Lantern Corps.

With all these DC shows and movies happening, how awesome would it be if it was all leading to something (like Avengers: Infinity War) and we got a Justice League: Crisis movie that pulled in all the TV actors as well as characters from different Earths. They could even get Christian Bale, Brandon Routh etc.

I just don't think it would work in live action. The Crisis events were a necessity of the comicbook medium. Just seems kind of dumb in live action. Not to mention they're kind of shit in the comics, too.

Also, I really don't want the films slavishly leading up to anything. I would rather they be their own story for the most part, self contained arcs of two or three films preferably.

Plus it would mean Brandon Routh would have to play two people and that would all get a bit too Heroesey.

I want an epic two part Justice League story with some New Gods shit in there. I'd settle for the Legion of Doom though.

New Gods would be SO GOOD.

Would love to see the Fourth World characters appear in other films. Orion in wonder Woman. Maybe Steppenwolf appearing in Superman.

Interesting, didn't know they were that far with that movie. The premise sounds alright, hopefully it can deliver.

Yeah, I really angle that the Amazon were created to protect the world, like some sort of mythic peacekeepers.

Really like the WWI setting, too.

Interesting, didn't know they were that far with that movie. The premise sounds alright, hopefully it can deliver.

I'm guessing more than just the obvious part of that footage is from Bat v Supes.

Of all the little teasers that have come out, I'm least convinced by Wonder Woman, from that footage it looks like a fan-film... I'm not sure Gadot can pull it off.

More excited for Aquaman now though than I was.

WB released the logos for Cyborg, Aquaman and The Flash.

cyborg-logo-b3795.jpg

aquaman-logo-4a53c.jpg

flash-logo-bc0e4.jpg

"Aquaman" is scheduled to arrive in theaters July 227, 2018; "Cyborg" on April 3, 2020; and "The Flash" on March 23, 2018.

The film is due in what, 14 months? Considering the post it'll need I imagine it's nearly finished filming.

Wonder Woman only started filming late Novemberish. Very early footage, I'd bet that slow mo stuff isn't even in the final film. Good to see it though.

The film is due in what, 14 months? Considering the post it'll need I imagine it's nearly finished filming.

Fair enough but I didn't know they had it planned for (apparently early) 2017 so still surprised. :)

Wonder Woman only started filming late Novemberish. Very early footage, I'd bet that slow mo stuff isn't even in the final film. Good to see it though.

Yeah I imagine they staged some stuff for the footage. Other than the horse riding and fight it was all pretty much standing around which can easily be done in a day or so.

Justice League begins shooting April 11

Zack Snyder’s Justice League — Part 1 is officially a go at Warner Bros. and will begin filming on April 11, a little over two weeks after the release of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the director and studio tell EW.

[...]

Justice-League_0.jpg

Justice League will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, as well as various locations around London and in Iceland. While this film is being designated Part 1, the follow-up installment, which will shoot separately, is already on the studio’s release schedule for 2019, following standalone movies for The Flash and Aquaman (both planned for 2018).

After Justice League — Part 2, Warner Bros. has plans for a Cyborg movie with Fisher, and a new take on Green Lantern, although an actor for that role hasn’t been revealed yet and those movies, set for somewhere in 2020, haven’t been given release dates.

There may also be other DC movies that turn up in the meantime, according to Warner Bros. A Ben Affleck-directed Batman movie is one possibility.

Dwayne Johnson has tweeted about playing the villain Black Adam in a Warner Bros./New Line production of DC’s Shazam, and that movie has been announced by the studio for 2019, but it’s not clear whether it’s part of the same narrartive as the other movies.

While three years passed between the release Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, that was mainly because the various creative teams were mapping out so many interlocked stories. “The studio really wants us to try and pace it up, as far as —now we have an idea where we’re going,” Snyder says.

The new Flash suit hidden in the back along with an ambiguous black suit (potentially just been cast but hasn't been painted yet, could be Green Lantern or Black Manta). Also, a picture of Mera just below the Flash.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

The new Flash suit hidden in the back along with an ambiguous black suit (potentially just been cast but hasn't been painted yet, could be Green Lantern or Black Manta). Also, a picture of Mera just below the Flash.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

If you look carefully at the left and right shoulders of said black suit, there seems to be a V-shape. Nightwing anyone? And what about that half face covering mask behind them?

If you look carefully at the left and right shoulders of said black suit, there seems to be a V-shape. Nightwing anyone? And what about that half face covering mask behind them?

With the small circular space at the top, I'm going to lean towards Green Lantern.

green_lantern_by_admirawijaya-d5kcsa2.jpg

Definitely could be Nightwing because it looks like that, too ha!

I think the cover face one is just covered, though.