NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

So if JGL is gonna be Batman in the Justice League film...under the Batman mask will he still be "Blake" and the same character.... or would they just be taking on the actor and making him the new Bruce Wayne thereby removing the Nolan films from the JL universe?

*Cries that it probably won't be Christian Bale*

... If not I hope it's JGL for continuity.

Excited to see The Flash finally!!

*Cries that it probably won't be Christian Bale*

... If not I hope it's JGL for continuity.

No to both. Time for a new Batman world.

Zack Snyder on stage.

Confirmed MOS sequel will be a Worlds Finest flick. GET IN.

Batman/Superman logo shown at Comic Con.

FUCKING HYPE.

SO the Man of Steel sequel will be a Superman/Batman cross over?

That's cool. Interesting too.

I expected MoS2 would be just a regular sequel.

Be interesting to see how they will deal with Batman.

I'd like to see them bring in a new actor and reboot Batman so teh Nolan trilogy can just stand on its own.

Though if they are gonna have Batman in MoS2 how will they deal with the "backstory" of this "new" Batman if they don't have a stand alone Batman film first?

...So there are now super powers in the Arrow universe?

Why not have Ollie mention the events of Man of Steel too, while they're at it. Draw parallels with the destruction to the Glades.

It would be good if they did start to connect the TV stuff with the movie stuff. But I do not want two different actors playing Barry, one for TV and one for the movies.

The Flash Will Introduce Powers to the Arrow Universe

I can't wait to see what they do with The Flash, the more I think about it.

I don't mind different actors played the characters across the TV and films but I would like it if they actual events were in the same universe. Kind of like different art teams across the Batman or Superman titles.

I hope they do speed differently to Smallville, but fear they won't.

Arrow hasn't required much CG so far but when it has, it's been a bit rocky. Hopefully they do something stylish and smart rather than flashy.

Edit: flashy, ha.

Edited by Shorty

In the article that's what they're hinting at. I'd really like to see The Flash with a little gravitas; so it actually requires effort for him to push himself and he's our of breath, just things like that. Fingers crossed.

Not bad. A Man of Steel approach to WW would be mental. Chuck in some Azzarello and it'd be golden. Get Darren Aronofsky to direct it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/dcs-movie-slate-may-have-just-been-revealed

DC's Movie Slate May Have Just Been Revealed

According to well-known entertainment reporter Nikki Finke, she has unearthed what is “coming up” at Comic-Con next month for DC/WB. Note that Fink says “a lot of stuff remains in flux,” but here is what she’s reporting the studio’s schedule looks like:

May 2016 – Batman v Superman

July 2016 – Shazam

Xmas 2016 – Sandman

May 2017 – Justice League

July 2017 – Wonder Woman

Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up

May 2018 – Man of Steel 2

This is kind of a crazy news break. So Warners is going to announce all of this in San Diego next month? Almost two years before Batman v Superman is even out?!

Still, wild as it sounds, Finke, the founder of the Hollywood trade site Deadline, has long been in the scoop game. After leaving Deadline on reportedly acrimonious terms, she has been out of the picture for months due to a non-competition clause with her former outlet. But as of today she has launched her own, new site, and it would seem as though she has used the biggest ammo in her reserve to do so: superhero movie news.

Plus, as we all know, Dwayne Johnson has been hinting about a DC movie he has coming up which many have thought to be Shazam (with the actor perhaps playing the villainous Black Adam). Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in fact developing a Sandman movie, and it has kind of gone without saying that Wonder Woman, Flash, and GL would probably get their own films eventually. At least, that’s surely what the studio has been hoping/praying would happen. And there was a report this past April that the studio had plans to develop at least nine more comics-based films.

The report goes on to say that a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie had been a possibility as well for 2016, but that is no longer the case. (It’s not clear if she means one movie for both properties or two separate films.) Further, Finke elaborates on what happened with the delay of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

According to her source, “There will be cameos of superheroes for future installments [in Dawn of Justice]. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash.” Green Lantern, as per this report, may also show up (not played by Ryan Reynolds), and Aquaman will appear in the Justice League film.

“Problem is,” continues the source, “Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months.”

So was Warner Bros. and DC’s big Comic-Con plan just blown? We’ll find out next month…

Edited by Retro_Link

If 'Flash and Green Lantern team-up' is true, that's a VERY promising sign. Means they are filling to try different things, things that should be a given.

Glad to see a Man of Steel there, too.

And this rumour would totally make sense with The Rock.

BUT, I won't believe it until I here it officially announced.

The only thing that makes me think it's a bit of a stretch is, that whilst Gal Gadot probably doesn't have much else to do, it's an intensive schedule for her and she's gonna have to keep this work out regime running for 3 years, to film BvS-JusticeLeague-WonderWoman back to back.

DC finds its Aquaman?...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/14/report-jason-momoa-will-play-aquaman-in-batman-v-superman-and-justice-league

Report: Jason Momoa Will Play Aquaman in Batman v Superman and Justice League

KD-610x343.jpg

Arthur Curry, your time has come.

After a lot of back and forth -- going back many months -- about whether Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) would play Aquaman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it now looks like the actor will indeed be putting on the green and orange outfit of Arthur Curry.

Hitfix's Drew McWeeney is reporting the news, noting that while Warner Bros. haven't made the official announcement, Hitfix "can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon."

Rumors about Momoa playing Aquaman began last year, but he'd downplayed or outright denied them previously. In fact, when IGN's Roth Cornet spoke to the actor in January, he said, "It's just rumors. I want to say something amazing, but I can't comment on rumors. It's flattering." Momoa than more definitively added, "I'm not involved in it." Indeed, Momoa has continued to deny he was playing Aquaman as recently as last month.

Perhaps at the time IGN spoke to him, Momoa was still in the negotiation stage, and no doubt he's been sworn to secrecy, even as things were solidified, but McWeeney -- who is a proven, trusted source -- now says his involvement is a done deal, and that it will, not shockingly, lead to a bigger role in the Justice League film.

Hitfix goes on to say they also know how Aquaman will be used in Batman v Superman, noting it will piggyback off of the much-discussed (and debated) mass destruction that occurred in Man of Steel. Read on if you want to know the setup for Aquaman, per Hitfix:

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."