NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Seems that Eurogamer are now reporting that this is being ported to the Wii U:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-22-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-to-launch-on-wii-u-ps3-vita-and-xbox-360

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will launch on Wii U, PlayStation 3, Vita and Xbox 360, according to a new report.

Paul Gale, he who first reported on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, also offered more information on the leaked Nintendo 3DS game Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.

Mirror of Fate is a 2D Castlevania game that has been in development for a year-and-a-half, and features two playable characters and co-op play. It uses the 3DS' forward-facing camera as a mirror and the outward facing camera for puzzle solving.

Apparently a Wii U version, which interacted with the 3DS version, was in the works before Konami ditched it in favour of a Wii U version of Lords of Shadow 2.

The Wii U version of Mirror of Fate would have been the same game as the 3DS version, with the tablet controller's touch screen acting as the bottom 3DS screen and your telly acting as the 3DS' top screen. You were able to use the Wii U's forward facing camera as a mirror to "capture your reflection and reveal your fate".

Now, though, Wii U owners will have to settle for a "safer" port of Lords of Shadow 2, which could retain some of the planned connectivity with Mirror of Fate. Both games are being made by Spanish developer MercurySteam and will be unveiled at E3 next month.

Discuss :)

Good news I think... :)

I must have been one of the few people who actually enjoyed the original Castlevania : Lords of Shadow as despite its decidedly dodgy plot it had high production values and some genuinely stunning gameplay.

While it's true that in many ways it didn't feel like a true Castlevania title it was more of a reboot so in that sense at least it did very well, I half expected a sequel tbh so it's good news either way but interaction between Wii U and 3DS won't be enough to make me buy it on the console as I'd much prefer to just buy it on the Xbox 360 but we shall see what happens. :D

Good news!

The 3DS gameplay sounds interesting!

Might have to pick up the original Lord of Shadows on PS3, but I already have too many other games to play atm.

Might have to pick up the original Lord of Shadows on PS3, but I already have too many other games to play atm.

It's such a good game and if the sequel is anything like the original, then we are in for a treat.

Sign in to follow this