NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

I know she's supposed to be Black Canary in the comics but I'd be totally fine if they killed off Laurel, useless shit of a character. Just keep Sarah (I think that's her name) as BC.

Unfortunately they've just done another interview recently where they talk about the journey Laurel needs to take before she becomes Black Canary so it looks like that's still where they want her to go on the show. They did mention though that they know people haven't been happy with her which is something.

I know she's supposed to be Black Canary in the comics but I'd be totally fine if they killed off Laurel, useless shit of a character. Just keep Sarah (I think that's her name) as BC.

We were talking about Laurel and how emaciated she's looking. Was genuinely worried the actress has a terminal illness. And yes, she's garbage as a character. She lands in a scene and irrationally gains everyone's attention for being a weak, swooning damsel and from a dramatic point of view she has no virtues that, from an audiences point of view, would make Oli even like her.

Her crapness infects Oli, her Dad, her sister, Thea and Roy. Thank GOD Diggle and Felicity are all like: bitch pls.

Yeah, she's pretty useless. However, what could they do to her to make her more interesting?

I find her dialogue boring and out of context mostly, and the chemistry between her and Oliver is somewhat lacking (we're all rooting for Oli and Felicity to hook up, right?). Giving her a more believable dialogue would help quite a lot, I think. I mean, the way she spoke to Sebastian and Oli in Ep12 was just.. what? And the inquiries she made were also quite off, so it hurt when noone really questioned her and her motives. Why was she also able to stay in Sebastian's office without anyone seeing her out?

I rewatched the pilot recently, it's so strange the transformation in Laurel's face. She looked so healthy and much more attractive when the show started.

It was also disappointing to confirm that they changed actresses for Sarah :p

Me during those few moments towards the end..............you know what I'm talking about.

tumblr_mjmgdpzUbs1r4g1p5o1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mrhur0SeAM1sdx9uzo1_250.gif

tumblr_mi25ogKR6K1r8ku3to1_250.gif

tumblr_mpwmk3o8Ap1s7mdj8o9_250.gif

tumblr_lvhg7ecmgj1r7u4j8o1_250.gif

In that order.

This weeks new ep.....

WOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT

that is all

I still think its a shame that this is the version of Amanda Waller we have to get. I think it would have been amazing if they actually cast CCH Pounder instead.

Loved the episode. I am worried that this show is falling into some traps with its scene setups though.

Too many one-on-one scenes

Everybody goes round to see each other instead of calling

Ending so many scenes on a dramatic one-liner (Smallville did this all the time)

Too few extras - where are the Queen household's staff?

Re-using the same locations all the time, everything happens at the club or in the mansion living room

Hopefully this is just because all their budget is going into those awesome action sequences, but I do think it could weaken the show over time if they don't see what's happening.

Also I'm feeling that Island Oliver is acting too much like his future self already.

Finally, while I'm on criticism mode, I'm a bit worried they're accelerating too much into comic book world. The first season was much more grounded, more Batman Begins real-worldly. Now they took a chance with Barry and the Mirakuru and so far it's been handled well, but if they move too fast onto more things, like a certain "squad", it could go south.

I did laugh that Laurel went on a bender in the bar owned by her ex, where his sister works. Because that's where you'd go when you're pissed off with everyone telling you you're a drunk.

At this point they should just cut their losses with Laurel and just kill her off. I expect fans would be happy enough at this point to accept Sara as they real Black Canary. Hell at this point I'd be fine with them letting her mum become her version over more Laurel.

She's been so poorly written/acted at this point that its going to be hard to write her out of this hole and fans are a lot more invested in Ollie/Felicity as the shows couple.

The producers kept talking about her having an important arc after the winter hiatus, which I guess culminates with the next episode (given how the last ended). Hopefully they'll either have made some good changes, or they'll put her on the back burner and rethink her in season three.

Does anyone else think they'll de-power Roy soonish? He seems way too powerful at the moment and it seems lime now he's part of the group it would be a good way to train him properly.

Does anyone else think they'll de-power Roy soonish? He seems way too powerful at the moment and it seems lime now he's part of the group it would be a good way to train him properly.

Yes, agreed... mm-hmm etc.

New ep this week...another top notch ep.... though I am left wondering something....

Where the hell was Roy? The previous ep he finds out Oliver is the Arrow and gets invited into the "gang" and then this ep he is nowhere to be seen? WTF?????

Really glad though that Oliver was able to save Sarah (that scene with her doing the rising pullups..... DAAAAAAMMMMMM :D).... was hoping Nyssa would kill Laurel so we'd be rid of her, just getting so fed up her now. And the actress must have some sort of eating disorder, she's lost tons of weight and doesn't look healthy at all especially in the face, surely there must be something no right there?

Hoping also with Felicity finding out the truth about Thia that Olivers mother isn't going to put her on a "hit list"... they damned well better not kill her off!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Felicity....gods frakking damnit Oliver, not Sarah go frak Felicity!!!!! :D

EDIT

Oh and Nyssa, I actually had to look that character up, didn't know R'as had another Daughter, only knew of Talia. Wonder why the writers went with Nyssa over Talia....maybe we'll see Talia appear later down the line?

Was actually just thinking we haven't seen Summer Glau's character in awhile....could she be Talia pulling a similar stunt as the Talia in DKR?

Also with Kartina Law now on cast and we saw Cynthia Addai-Robinson appear last week, added to Manu Bennett, that's now 3 former Spartacus actors now working on Arrow.... wonder if we'll see any more, would love to see Dustin Clare appear :D

Edited by Mokong

It was a good episode, probably up until the end. Laurel's actions were ridiculous and I can't really fathom the Sara/Oliver relationship at all. It felt really ham fisted and again, raises some concerns about the direction of the show. I much preferred when we were focussing on Mirakuru and Barry. Now Arrow is slipping into some poor habits like ignoring the arc in favour of forced soap-opera style moments.

Doesn't help that I can't get over Laurel's stupid pointy face or Sara's weird lip pursing thing.

Honestly I'd happily have both of these characters written out ASAP.

The Arrow/Black Canary team up was cool though, although they failed way too miserably at stopping that van.

Just watched episode 14 :D a return to form in terms of writing. Dat ending.

I wish they wouldn't bother with the 'previously on' in every episode though. It's basically just spoilers for what's (not) going to be focused on this week.

Dat ending.

Just....just.....I mean.....just....FRAK ME why couldn't it have been a double ep!!!!!

Really love this show. Yeah, that ending. The pace of this show has been pretty much perfect.

I wish they wouldn't bother with the 'previously on' in every episode though. It's basically just spoilers for what's (not) going to be focused on this week.

This is something I hated about BSG. While the flashes of the upcoming episode could often be misleading, the "previously on" (which is still on the box sets) specifically stated which parts the episode would be focused on.

Anyway, before I went on holiday, I watched everything (up to the last episode) in the space of 8 days. I'm loving the show so far, and I really want to see what happens next after the next ending.

My only complaint so far is Laurel, this season in particular - her fall into alcohol and drugs has just been really unconvincing. Hopefully she'll be a better character at some point, but I'd rather she be killed at some point - she doesn't really seem to have much of a point to the story and is just taking up time.

Other than that, I love the action, most of the other character and the few DC references I actually understand (like Solomon Grundy).

I'm very interested in seeing how The Flash turns out (like Green Arrow, I know nothing about his friends and enemies), and how well they'll do the bugger focus on the superpower side while keeping it in the same universe as this.

One thing that I would like to see is for Shrapnel to return and somehow have a scene with Isabel (although it wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't happen).

If you don't want it spoiling what Barry looks like on his return/in his own show, stay away from Kotaku... just got a big pic right across my Facebook feed.