NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

Does anyone else think that Black Canary needs new face expressions... her stupid face is annoying me.

Does anyone else think that Black Canary needs new face expressions... her stupid face is annoying me.

As Black Canary she does have an annoying pursed lips pose but she seems a lot better as just Sara Lance.

As Black Canary she does have an annoying pursed lips pose but she seems a lot better as just Sara Lance.

Totally agree. I'm hoping that it's her back story and that she's somehow catatonic or something.

So that dude Blood

I wonder if he was using some kind of Venom formula at the end, kinda looked like it a little.

Edited by bryanee

So that dude Blood

I wonder if he use using some kind of Venom formula at the end, kinda looked like it a little.

That was also my guess. I don't know if that is present in the Green Arrow-universe, though? (Of course I know it is there but I don't know if GA is up against enemies with it.)

Another cracking episode. I don't know how they keep up the pace and I love that they don't let things drag out for too long.

Loved the Batman Begins-reference in the BC-fight.

I also really like how Ra's al Ghul is used as perhaps the overall bad guy of the series and the tie in with season one on that part. This fits perfectly with the Ra's al Ghul of Batman Begins.

I wonder when we'll see Black Canary again. But I can't see how Detective Lance is going to be able to keep that big a secret. It just would not be possible in real life, I think.

Loved the Batman Begins-reference in the BC-fight.

I also really like how Ra's al Ghul is used as perhaps the overall bad guy of the series and the tie in with season one on that part. This fits perfectly with the Ra's al Ghul of Batman Begins.

I wonder when we'll see Black Canary again. But I can't see how Detective Lance is going to be able to keep that big a secret. It just would not be possible in real life, I think.

Im sure we'll see her again.

Im wondering if Ra's al Ghul will be the overall badguy though. They mentioned "the daughter of Ra's al Ghul" in this episode so it could be that Talia is the one we end up getting and Ra's will just be mentioned maybe?

Im sure we'll see her again.

Im wondering if Ra's al Ghul will be the overall badguy though. They mentioned "the daughter of Ra's al Ghul" in this episode so it could be that Talia is the one we end up getting and Ra's will just be mentioned maybe?

Maybe Summer Glau's character is really

Talia

Maybe Summer Glau's character is really

Talia

Ive seen that idea floated around a few times but its always shot down because Summer Glau's character is already one from the comics.

Well, they've changed who Black Canary really is in the comics so why not change who Taila is? However, if it were true, I'd say it's perhaps a bit too much like Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah she does something really weird with her mouth at the end of every sentence, it's quite distracting. The director or somebody should really have put a stop to it.

she perces her lips, its like the muscles in her faces's natural position

but i loved that episode....

Does anyone else find Laurel unbelievably boring now? in series 1 there was potential for the character, only recent spoilered info has taken that from her, so now she a boring lawyer......i hope she dies in the finale

Recently spoiled info? Can you, perhaps without spoiling it, refer to what that info is? If it's something that's already happened in season 2 you may say it directly.

Recently spoiled info? Can you, perhaps without spoiling it, refer to what that info is? If it's something that's already happened in season 2 you may say it directly.

hmmm

i have no idea how to respond, are you watching series 2? Laurel Lance exists in the comics, and her character progression from the comics certainly isn't going to happen as her character progression occurs for a different character now.......

thats as best as i can put it without the spoiler so

Dinah Laurel Lance = Black Canery...which obviously isn't happening in the TV series now, since Sara is the Canary, so the onlygood thing that could happen to Laurel isn't going to,shes now eye candy/love intrest and i'd rather that role go to the other female cast

in series 1 there was potential for the character, only recent spoilered info has taken that from her, so now she a boring lawyer......i hope she dies in the finale

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

what can i say i hate lawyers lol

before beliving she had the potential to become the canary it was always intersting trying to work out just "how" she would go from law abiding citizen who was helpless, to the canary......

only now with her sister being the canary all Laurel has left character wise is,alcoholism, relationships and breakdowns to make her interesting...and i just can't see that provoviding much, i mean its already got annoying how often she's become the damsel in distress, and its like thats her only role left in the show.

I'd like to see her find out about her sister in the finale, and unfortunately loose her life, she never gets time with her sister, like wise for sara, and Detective Lance will get a brief moment of having his family back before he actually looses a daughter, and that way it saves us having series three with Laurel poping up randomly to be a lawyer or be kidnapped.

I suppose what i'm saying is i already feel like her character has run its course, any potential she had has been gone now

I see your point. Yes, she isn't that interesting anymore. I'd rather they'd do something interesting with her, though, rather than just killing her off.

Well, ep 6 was a decent episode but I'm getting the feeling that they're just namedropping bad guys now and then for the fans. Also, now we know what happened at the end of Ep 4 so that's nice.

Edited by MindFreak

It's not really namedropping though, that would suggest they've got something to prove, like they don't really belong in this world. If this was a cartoon or a comic nobody would be surprised if new DC characters showed up every few episodes. I also like how they've not just killed off big villains after one encounter (eg Deadshot) the way many comic book movies and TV series do.

I am consistently impressed though by the scale and set-pieces in this show (with the possible exception of the nightclub). Sure they're not on a super high budget but the places always look fairly real, not like Smallville's last few seasons where everything happened on the same cardboard cutout street corner at sunset.

The only thing that looks a bit weak lately is the Queen Consolidated offices, which seem very quiet/empty compared to how they looked in the first few episodes. It looks like they're spending more on CG and sets than they are on extras this season.

I am consistently impressed though by the scale and set-pieces in this show (with the possible exception of the nightclub). Sure they're not on a super high budget but the places always look fairly real, not like Smallville's last few seasons where everything happened on the same cardboard cutout street corner at sunset.

I think that kind of stuff is much better this season. Last season we kept hearing about how bad the Glades were but any shots we got you never really believed it was a bad area. Just somewhere they shoved a few actors dressed as homeless people into.

tealc-indeed.gif

Another solid episode :D

Having the Count return was cool as was his plan to get everyone hooked on his drug, though can't believe I didn't figure it out, they made enough obvious references to it :heh:

The little nod to the Dollmaker from a few eps back was good too.

One thing I didn't quite understand was why was Blood in the office with Laurel and the DA woman after the dude from the trail got "sick"?

The flashback to the island still awesome, seeing Slade with a half burnt face is cool....surely he's gonna put on the Deathstroke mask soon :)

Count later kidnapping Felicity and Oliver having to kill again to save her....and then the two of them....gods frakking damnit would ye just kiss and frak each other already!

Mrs. Queen's trail and the sudden decision to call a verdict which turned out to be Not Guilty was a serious WTF moment. Was obvious someone had paid off the jury, wonder will the media be questioning that in future eps?

And then the end....seriously WTF with teh ending...Merlin....ALIVE??? HOW??? Did nobody not notice his body go missing? (I'm assuming it was recovered by cops or someone after Arrow killed him to confirm him dead to the public) Also...WHY? Yeah it's cool but I still don't get why bring him back?

They had those "shit is that Merlin" moments twice already with the first appearance of a League of Shadows guy with Black Canary and again later when Oliver first saw one of them...but why actually bring him back? Did Ra's AL Ghul save him?

Then the revelation about Thia.... actually saw it coming when their mother was tellin her story to them, figured she was holding something back....also thinking back to season one...Thia had a bit of a Luke&Leia crush now with Tommy it seems (did she kiss him? can't remember?)

Next weeks Ep 8 will see Barry Allen (Flash) get introduced and apparently Flash is gonna get it's own stand alone pilot episode now.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/cws-the-flash-to-do-standalone-pilot-instead-of-arrow-backdoor-pilot-episode/

Original plans were to have Barry appear in Arrow eps 8 and 9 and then again at Ep 20 which would serve as a backdoor pilot to his own show but now they are planning to just get on with it and do their own pilot ep independent from Arrow