NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

It can't be worse than Smallville.

Well, maybe if it tries really hard. :p

That was a terrible preview trailer. Made the show look really cheap and bad (whether that's reflective or not).

Was that a CGI factory/warehouse at 0:06?!!

Who's behind this show? It's not the writers or anyone from Smallville is it?

*pull up bar training... good luck getting down! :p*

Could they not have picked a different character to do a TV show on? Considering the character has already had a lot of exposure and development on Smallville already!?

Was that a CGI factory/warehouse at 0:06?!!

Looked like it to me! :hmm:

I would assume the warehouse was just a created image yeah, loads of shows do that. This is early footage so hopefully it may have been touched up before its properly aired but its nothing new really.

I dont think its looking too bad so far, i'll be willing to give it a shot for a while.

The man directing it, David Nutter is probably the best Pilot director in the industry. Unfortunately the people behind it are dos responsible for Green Lantern.

I feel like DC should hurry up and make more movies rather than try (again) to conquer TV. Smallville was very successful, and I can see the logic in wanting to control TV while Marvel controls movies, but really...this show isn't exactly inspiring. It seems to be the same story/plot as Batman Begins (effectively).

BUMP

Anyone else still watching this?

I wasn't too impressed by the first few episodes and almost gave up but then got back into it when I wathced I think eps 3-10 back to back.

Just seen the Penultimate episode and was awesome.

Can't wait for the season finale, it's been renewed for a 2nd season so be interesting to see how the end this one.

Overall I've enjoyed the show a lot....maybe it could have done with cutting a few filler eps and had the episode count reduced to about 18-20 but still very much enjoying it.

I think the show has suffered from weak villains but apart from that I have really enjoyed it. I'd agree that it did start slow but got a lot better. One thing I would like is more flashbacks to the Island, I probably enjoy that stuff more than the current day Starling City stuff.

I think it's been bloody excellent. I've not noticed any bad fillers, been watching it regularly every week which might be why (I notice fillers way more when I binge watch). I don't think the bad guys have been weak, a lot of them have just been evil white rich people but that part of Green Arrow's MO. There have been a couple of good recurring ones like Deadshot, Merlyn and Huntress - I think it's all threaded really well.

I dislike Tommy immensely, though.

I've not seen this week's episode yet.

I think the show has suffered from weak villains but apart from that I have really enjoyed it. I'd agree that it did start slow but got a lot better. One thing I would like is more flashbacks to the Island, I probably enjoy that stuff more than the current day Starling City stuff.

Yeah I've actually been enjoying the dual stories being told between the Present Day an what happened to him on the island.

I might be more interested in seeing how he gets to the point on the island when he gets "saved" and what happended to everyone else?

But Present Day stuff has been great too, (though as I said could have done with a few less filling "random villian of the week" episodes (though I did love the one with Gaius Baltar (James Callis) in it :D)

I liked how he has been forced to reveal himself to a few people (mainly cause he had to admit he needed help as there were things he couldn't do alone... and I'm still holding out hope he gets with Felicity :heh:

....with Tommy, his character has been taking a very harsh development turn since he found out about Oliver.

I don't think his dad has told him bout the "Undertaking" but I wonder if maybe at the end of the final ep if Oliver kills Merlin will Tommy take up the mantle of the "Black Archer" (as I believe in the comics it was Tommy that was Green Arrow's arch villian, not Tommy's dad)... prolly play out in a "Harry Osborn" from the first Sperman trilogy type way... he'll be in his dads office after hearing of his death and will find the Black Archer gear hidden in the wall :heh:

Be also interesting to see what they do with season 2 if Oliver does stop Merlin and The Undertaking at the end of this season. Given that he seems to have decided once that is done he will hang up the hood.... what events/situations could make him take it up again?

I think it's been bloody excellent. I've not noticed any bad fillers, been watching it regularly every week which might be why (I notice fillers way more when I binge watch). I don't think the bad guys have been weak, a lot of them have just been evil white rich people but that part of Green Arrow's MO. There have been a couple of good recurring ones like Deadshot, Merlyn and Huntress - I think it's all threaded really well.

I dislike Tommy immensely, though.

I've not seen this week's episode yet.

I actually don't think any of what I would call "filler" eps have been "bad" just felt a little unnecessary... though I guess even in those there has been some minor character development that made it a bit more worth it. Like the one when the "Virtigo" guy apparently escaped. Felt not much really happened that was relevent to the overal story arc but at the end there was a bit of development for Oli that gave the ep a bit more reason.

Oh and get to watching this weeks ep...it's brilliant... wish it was a double ep finale...the cliff hanger is killer, haha

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

I've left this week's episode so that I get a double ep next week :D Not looked forward to a finale like this for a while, the show has been great. Even if it only has one good season and goes down hill from here, it was a great first season.

It falls into the odd CW trap, those meaningful statement, mid-range stare cuts drive me nuts :heh: but overall it's been great. The action sequences are some of the best I've seen in television ever.

I'm with Daft on this i love the show and can not get enough of it! there have been a few episodes that the main story felt secondary to the side stories but thats usually so the can get background in to the present day, the vertigo episodes being like that and episode 21 iirc

I hope Laurel develops more considering she is Black Canary, i'd be interested to see how that works....i'm wondering if it has anything to do with the quake device from Monday's episode, if it uses any sonic technology then something happen, i'm struggling to think of ways she can acquire abilities in the more realistic approach arrow has taken

And there are a lot of sub stories going on that i think won't be answered in the finale, Roy meeting Oliver as Green Arrow and becoming his protege, The actual events on the island which i don't think relate to the undertaking

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Just finished watching the season finale

I thought it was pretty great. I like how the writers of this show dont always take the predictable route, both with the Glades being destroyed anyway and Tommy not just becoming the next villain. Im sad to see him go as he was a character that really grew on me over the season. His Dad not so much, he was ok as the Archer but kind of devolved into a generic badguy by the end despite some nice setup throughout the season where he seemed almost a dark Bruce Wayne.

While I still think they pretty much have no chemistry at all it was nice to see Ollie and Laurel not fall apart straight away as I expected, unfortunately though you can bet by the start of season 2 they will after both feeling guilty over Tommy.

Felicity is still hot.

I wish they had got a better actor to play Roy. Something about his facial expressions annoy me lol.

Anyone else wonder if we were going to see a slight canary cry from Laurel when she was trapped in the building?

I have to wait until tomorrow to catch up, but then it's pay-day takeaway and the two last eps! Gonna be a good Friday night in :D

i take it you guys are watching this on a torrent or something...i have to wait until monday for sky to show it

i take it you guys are watching this on a torrent or something...i have to wait until monday for sky to show it

Just using online streaming.

I gotta say, I don't think you guys (Gibbs/Happ) are going to get what you're after. I could be wrong here, but you're both wondering how she's going to get her Black Canary powers or if she might suddenly awaken some wailing ability - and I don't think it's ever going to happen and I kinda hope it's not. I think the idea here is that we have a kinda elseworlds existence, a world where super powers are not really a thing. One whole season and not a single person got super strength from a chemical or anything like that.

In this world, Black Canary is what she is, the Rachel Dawes ripoff that represents the human element, the limitation of trying to fight the city's corruption without donning a mask. I think they're doing a good job!

It was great, although I do think the only thing this series hasn't done amazingly so far is knock my socks off with either the Premiere or the Finale. Smallville, for all its faults, always shone there (although that may have been in part due to dragging its heels so much in between). I was really expecting some kind of grand revelation coupled with a big cliffhanger and actually, it was pretty much all tied up. The only things we're left wondering about is who the woman with the red shoes was, and what will drive Ollie to keep doing what he's doing?

Also I kinda love the fact there was a second device, way to keep us on our toes, and not give a fledgling superhero the perfect ending all the time.

Oh I know its unlikely we'll see her become Black Canary properly or get some powers but it was a nice thought.

The reaction to her though across the net that ive read has been mostly negative. She doesnt have good chemistry with Ollie, her acting isnt great and neither have her stories been.

I would rather they stuck with a character so important to Green Arrow's history rather than just get rid of her so I hope theres some proper work done with her in the second season. Unfortunately though with the story they are setting up with her guilt over Tommy I'm already worried.

It was great, although I do think the only thing this series hasn't done amazingly so far is knock my socks off with either the Premiere or the Finale. Smallville, for all its faults, always shone there (although that may have been in part due to dragging its heels so much in between). I was really expecting some kind of grand revelation coupled with a big cliffhanger and actually, it was pretty much all tied up. The only things we're left wondering about is who the woman with the red shoes was, and what will drive Ollie to keep doing what he's doing?

Also I kinda love the fact there was a second device, way to keep us on our toes, and not give a fledgling superhero the perfect ending all the time.

What? I don't remember this. Have I missed something?

What? I don't remember this. Have I missed something?

It happened in the episode before when Fyers rang to confirm they were ready to shoot down the plane.