NEurope
-Dem0-

FIFA 13 Wii U

Yeah, the score seems all right, but ONM do say;

If you're a dab hand at the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 version of FIFA 13, it's probably best to avoid, because the GamePad features don't make up for the missing modes and mechanics. If you've never played an HD FIFA game before, however, and this is all new to you, then by all means snap it up, because you'll be blown away.

The missing modes...ahhh, it's EA again giving Nintendo users a watered down version because we are more casual.

No, I was joking about harking back to the Wii days, but Matt Prior does state;

We've seen a lot of games for the new console [Wii U], they just throw inventory on there. It's not really a game changer in what they've done with the GamePad. Ours is, particularly for a more casual demographic

Nice read though.

I still think this sounds great. I had 12 I have FIFA 13 on the ps3, I don't think it's that different, and I have never layer ultimate team for more than 5 minutes. Im even thinking of selling the ps3 version and just playing this.

Brief review that mainly discusses the WiiU differences.

"While the missing features are disappointing, I think the GamePad functionality adds a lot to the game. As someone who has bought many versions of the series over the past few years on multiple platforms, I would argue that this is the best one I’ve played, because the GamePad use adds so much to the formula. I hope this is a sign of things to come, as continuing down this road could take Nintendo’s consoles from the worst place for sports games to the very best."

9/10

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/32564

Nice review and from someone who's 'into' FIFA (which in my opinion makes a difference).

Looking forward to this now. Actually prefer HD PES since the fun 2012 edition but at least I can now play a footy game on the Gamepad whilst the Mrs. Watches Grey's Anatomy!

Edited by tapedeck

One more review, this time from Gamesradar.

"Even with those concerns, FIFA 13 on the Wii U is an exceptionally strong launch title for Nintendo’s new console. Its smart and innovative use of the controls, silky smooth gameplay, and exquisite array of real-world football make it a winner. "

4/5 Great

http://www.gamesradar.com/fifa-13-wii-u-edition-review/

Does anyone know what went on with the IGN review of this? It was put up, then taken down due to 'editorial content', then they said had nothing to do with EA sports or EA Canada, and now I can't find that page at all. Bizzare behaviour!

Edit: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/fifa-13-wii-u-review

There is the page, but last night they had a bit that said 'DISCLOSURE: This decision is purely for editorial reasons and with no influence from EA sports, EA Canada or any sponsors' or something like that. Saying that makes me more inclined to think there is some foul play at work.

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora

Nice to see there's a demo of this on the store. Downloaded in 15 mins yet takes 10 to install weird.

Thought you. Wild have bough it tape deck. Was hoping to give you a few games over the weekend :)

that IGN review is back up now.

not good sign regarding the frame-rate guys..

Visually, FIFA 13 on Wii U doesn’t quite cut it, either. The player likenesses are passable, but rarely excel. The biggest issue is the frame-rate, which noticeably stutters through a match, both following dead-ball situations and in the middle of the action, which can be extremely distracting.

For a long time, Wii owners have had to accept diluted versions of FIFA; the graphics weren’t high definition and the gameplay didn’t have the same headline features. The Wii U should have changed all of that – this, after all, is the first of a next generation of consoles. But things haven’t moved on and the stark truth is Nintendo owners still don’t get the same experience they’d get on other consoles. The GamePad functionality does enhance certain aspects of the game – tactics and substitutions – but they are, of course, secondary to gameplay, which on the Wii U feels second division compared to the Xbox and PS3’s Premier League.

Played a few games. Have yet to see framerate jitters. Crowd and pitch look MUCH better than the PS3 version.

Gameplay isnt as fluid as 13 on other consoles due it being the Fifa 12 engine. Still a great game and the ability to play on the gamepad is sweet. Pro controller is awesome for this too.

Hmmm. I played a game earlier and I noticed the juddering in a huge way, it was awful, not infrequent either, happening all the time. This was before the update so I hope it's fixed from that because it really is bad.

It's obviously not a patch on FIFA13 PS3, but I'm still tempted to dicth off the ps3 version as I don't want two versions and I think the wii u version is the one I'll play the most (brother has it) but I'm gutted it's not even as good as fifa 12

Downloaded the demo of this. Gonna give it a try! :)

if it is anything like the 360/PS3 demo's then you wont get much from it. They are so short its just impossible to get a real feel of the game.

if it is anything like the 360/PS3 demo's then you wont get much from it. They are so short its just impossible to get a real feel of the game.

Played one match, Arsenal / Man City. Not a football guy at all so didn't have a clue what I was doing! Still won 2-1 tho. Fun enough but probably the most 'last gen' game I've played on the system so far.

Last time I played a FIFA game was probably PS1! :laughing:

Last time I played a FIFA game was probably PS1! :laughing:

It's probably the last time anyone should have played a FIFA game.. :indeed:

The demo was not impressive at the least, the Framerate was really bad, it was continuous throughout the match. The visuals appeared worse when compared to earlier screens (and they said this was the best version in terms of graphics)

Although I've yet to give manager mode a spin, really interested in that.

The demo was not impressive at the least, the Framerate was really bad, it was continuous throughout the match. The visuals appeared worse when compared to earlier screens (and they said this was the best version in terms of graphics)

Although I've yet to give manager mode a spin, really interested in that.

man I am hoping these framerate issues are just launch game niggles.

I've only noticed dips in framerate for FIFA 13 only, besides that's a demo. All the other games I've played have been excellent.

The game has serious serious problems with regards to juddering that I'm baffled about that no one has mentioned. It's a shame and makes it the biggest disappointment for me. However, it's still a good game, just a huge shame, especially as the gamepad features are really good.

EA better nail FIFA 14 as the potential is immense.

Yep had first 'major' judder this morning. Dinked the ball into the box and it was like stop motion for around two seconds. Gah. The framerate has always been dodgy on FIFA games - 13 on the PS3 actually stops for a second sometimes. At least this keeps chugging through lol.

Maybe it's only 'some' stadiums as in the other versions. Will be interesting to see if 720p makes a difference too.

Was playing my mate and the way you can introduce a sub, change your tactics on the fly is great. Much more realistic and tactical. A solid entry. With the FIFA 14 updates and (proper 13) updates, FIFA 14 'should' be real value for money.

Here's hoping they don't do what they did on the Wii and change it all to mii-centred lol

Edited by tapedeck

Yep had first 'major' judder this morning. Dinked the ball into the box and it was like stop motion for around two seconds. Gah. The framerate has always been dodgy on FIFA games - 13 on the PS3 actually stops for a second sometimes. At least this keeps chugging through lol.

Maybe it's only 'some' stadiums as in the other versions. Will be interesting to see if 720p makes a difference too.

Was playing my mate and the way you can introduce a sub, change your tactics on the fly is great. Much more realistic and tactical. A solid entry. With the FIFA 14 updates and (proper 13) updates, FIFA 14 'should' be real value for money.

Here's hoping they don't do what they did on the Wii and change it all to mii-centred lol

Yeah absolutely. It's still great fun, was just very surprised. We need to arrange some games.

bump_gut_gif.gif

I've downloaded the demo for this. I've found myself in a bit of a dilemma. I'm not sure what I think of the GamePad's passing features. It seems like I'm focusing a lot on the GP's screen, rather than the tv screen. The touchscreen shooting is great, but the passing and making runs isn't as fluid as, say, Pro Evo on the Wii.

The manager modes and features are cool. But, for passing, I mostly resorted to just using buttons, which didn't feel as great as the playmaker controls in Pro Evo. I've only tried it once, though.