NEurope
-Dem0-

FIFA 13 Wii U

Screens are out now!

Touchscreen stuff actually looks pretty kick arse! :D

Otherwise, it looks like Fifa PS360.

Cheers for the pics.

Yeah, it does look pretty much like the 360/PS3 versions, but that's not a bad thing.

Some of that Gamepad stuff does look tasty, especially the freekicks, which I always suck at. This could be the version I pick up as I never play Fifa online due to me sucking at the game in general.

Tactics, subs and freekicks will be great, shooting and any in-game stuff will be a nightmare. Can you put a map on the bottom screen? Though looking down at the screen may not work.

To me those graphics look a bit dodgy, is that exactly how the PS3 version looks as it doesn't look like last years FIFA. If it's EXACTLY the same as the other versions with a few gamepad additions that is more than good enough for me.

Any confirmation of whether you can play just on the gamepad? That'll be especially good for me.

Tactics, subs and freekicks will be great, shooting and any in-game stuff will be a nightmare. Can you put a map on the bottom screen? Though looking down at the screen may not work.

To me those graphics look a bit dodgy, is that exactly how the PS3 version looks as it doesn't look like last years FIFA. If it's EXACTLY the same as the other versions with a few gamepad additions that is more than good enough for me.

Any confirmation of whether you can play just on the gamepad? That'll be especially good for me.

They've already said the WiiU version is the best looking version out of the consoles, not why yet. It's Fifa though, there just isn't going to be that much difference between PS360 to PC on high. Those screen shots are compressed as well if you enlarge them, probably means they are scans from the magazine they're printed in. Might get some official media releases tonight after the EA conference which is live on IGN sometime this evening (8 or 9 pm I think).

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-02-fifa-13-wii-u-lets-you-score-using-the-gamepad-touch-screen

FIFA 13 Wii U lets you score using the GamePad touch-screen

By Tom Phillips Published 2 August, 2012

EA unveils how the tablet controller fits in.

EA Sports has unveiled FIFA 13 for Wii U and described exactly how Nintendo's touch-screen tablet controller will be implemented in the game.

Shaking the GamePad when getting ready to score will activate Touch Screen Shooting, ONM reported, allowing for pixel-perfect accuracy in your shots.

The controller can be used as a second display during set pieces and penalities, allowing you to examine the environment from all angles when held up to the main screen.

More substantially, the GamePad will allow five players to team up in FIFA 13's co-op mode. One player will manage the team using the Wii U GamePad, while four others take charge of the main on-screen action.

The new Team Management Control option meanwhile offers a radar with which players can launch attacking or defensive runs, with touchscreen controls available for changing tactics, formations and substitutions.

Then there's Manage Match mode, which lets you give half-time pep talks and generally manage the action from the side-lines.

You can also use the GamePad to instant message Wii U friends and invite them into your game.

Screenshots of the Wii U version lie below, demonstrating roughly comparable graphics to the game's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 brethren.

Edited by madeinbeats

More substantially, the GamePad will allow five players to team up in FIFA 13's co-op mode. One player will manage the team using the Wii U GamePad, while four others take charge of the main on-screen action.

You can also use the GamePad to instant message Wii U friends and invite them into your game.

Hype rising......

Graphics looks a bit suspect. Players seem too shiny, but I'll forgive that for now and judge it when we see it in motion/first hand.

On the whole, it sounds fantastic. Definitely has caught my interest. It will have to go some way to beat the Wii versions of Pro Evo, but I'm looking forward to seeing more.

That sounds amazing! As for graphics, one, of course the developer is going to say they're better. And to be honest, I don't really care. I think my main point was that it looks "different" to the other versions (well last years havent seen this years), like the Wii version was different. I guess I'm just worried it being a different developer and the arcadey wii versions the Wii U version will also be some dumbed down alternative. When what I want is the exact same version as the other versoins (which I love) but with Wii U extras with the game pad (and better graphics would be a nice bonus)

That sounds amazing! As for graphics, one, of course the developer is going to say they're better. And to be honest, I don't really care. I think my main point was that it looks "different" to the other versions (well last years havent seen this years), like the Wii version was different. I guess I'm just worried it being a different developer and the arcadey wii versions the Wii U version will also be some dumbed down alternative. When what I want is the exact same version as the other versoins (which I love) but with Wii U extras with the game pad (and better graphics would be a nice bonus)

I think EA directly addressed that a while ago saying that's a thing of the past with WiiU.

They're just poorly compressed pics. The original source versions have been released now (in roughly 8K/Bullshot resolution to boot!)

Looks the same as the PS360/PC versions from a graphical standpoint.

BTW, the Eurogamer details sound great. Seems that the team behind it are actually putting some effort in, despite EA's lukewarm attitude towards the console. Here's hoping that they don't try to pull their stupid All Play shit next year like what happened with the Wii and that they switch to their next engine on Wii U too when the PS4 and 720 come out!

Edit:. Oh dear, I just knew that there had to be a GOTCHA! in there somewhere. Seems that Wii U's Fifa 13 is actually just Fifa 12 with the extra tablet stuff!

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/fifa_13/b/wii_u/archive/2012/08/02/fifa-13-showcases-the-wii-u-s-special-traits.aspx

For the first time since the GameCube, EA Sports is delivering a soccer game to a Nintendo console based on its current rendering and physics engine. Though the game is more tied to FIFA 12 than the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of FIFA 13 (you won’t find first-touch controls or curving runs here), Nintendo fans still have a deep gameplay experience to enjoy with either the new GamePad or a classic controller

Seems the bullshit has already started...

Edited by Dcubed

It is truly fucking unbelievable isn't it :) To be honest, I'm not too fussed about this as long as it has updated squads and stuff, therte's not much difference between each year anyway and the first touch system sounds atrocious!

But it is a joke yeah. So fucking lazy as per. 3rd parties screw nintendo over all the time and then say games don't sell. Fucking nobs!

They said its the same as the 360/PS3 version at the summer showcase but with all the extra gamepad stuff which looked great (maybe I heard wrong). I love how it was running on the tv and on the pad at the same time with no lag atall. Just became another day one launch title for me.

lol they keep saying casual but those features to me make this the most "hardcore" version there is.

Edited by bryanee

"majesty of the emirates stadium: *turns video off*

A lot of that looks so good. As long as its not gimped in any way it really will be the definitive version! I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TIL NOVEMBER!

"majesty of the emirates stadium: *turns video off*

A lot of that looks so good. As long as its not gimped in any way it really will be the definitive version! I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TIL NOVEMBER!

I suppose the best way to think of it as a different direction for a sequel. Both versions are based off the same game (Fifa 12) but with extra features.

PS360 gets First Touch & Curving Runs, while Wii U gets the UPad stuff.

Lets just hope that this is just your typical launch title stuff (like how Fifa and PES were missing features on 360 that you found in the PS2 version) and not just an excuse for EA to set up the Wii U for failure (I suppose in that respect, Nintendo had better hope that Fifa fans don't like the new First Touch & Curving Runs features!)

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in football games. But I came in here for a peak to see what they were doing with the touch screen and it does look impressive. I hope it's online! I think this looks like a real winner and could offer a real tactical approach to football games.

I just hope ea don't judge this versions sales too much. It's based on last years engine so will struggle to lure the gamers in, and from reading some hands ons sounds like its not brilliantly implemented. That combined with only one game pad means it'll be more a proof of concept. Disappointing.

I see Madden is also being screwed over on WiiU.

ESPN Playbook: Don’t you think Nintendo consumers are going to be frustrated by getting an inferior version of “Madden” again? The Infinity Engine is what defines “Madden 13,” yet it’s nowhere to be seen on the Wii U.

Yuri Bialoskursky: It’s not for a lack of want. We definitely wanted to get the physics into the game. The Infinity Engine is something that is a point of interest for “Madden” fans, it’s just something we weren’t able to achieve for this first year on the new hardware. A lot of times, new hardware comes with new challenges. But we were able to add things to “Madden” on a lot of different levels, like being able to draw your own hot routes and being able to change your plays on the fly and create your own plays, giving you the ability to do whatever you want to do pre-play. Play-calling is another area that could be underestimated at face value. You have your playbook fully exposed to you. You don’t have to dig through menus and dig back out of menus to find the perfect play. There’s a lot of searching around, I think, on the other consoles. Just the way it’s laid out enables you to access everything very quickly. Then, of course, you’re able to utilize substitutions and packages, making changes very simply and very intuitively by just tapping and swiping the screen.

ESPN: One feature that you were able to bring over to the Wii U is Connected Careers. How big is that showing the system’s online capabilities?

YB: That’s one of the things we’re most excited about. All of the parity points we do have with the other consoles. Connected Careers is the biggest one. Thirty-two connected people in their own league, being able to play head-to-head. Obviously we’ll have all of the other head-to-head and leaderboards and lobbies like our other consoles as well. So yeah, online is definitely an emphasis for both Nintendo and for us, and we can’t wait to see people out there engaging more so than they probably ever have on a Nintendo console.

ESPN: But how can you say that online is such an emphasis and then not include features like Madden Ultimate Team?

YB: Madden Ultimate Team is something that we’re not going to have in year one. It’s another one that we plan to add in as we go.

They had better have Ultimate Team on the Wii U version of Fifa. That's one of the best features of Fifa in recent times!

I see Madden is also being screwed over on WiiU.

They had better have Ultimate Team on the Wii U version of Fifa. That's one of the best features of Fifa in recent times!

Don't forget Mass Effect 3 Wii U not including the Lethiathan DLC.

EA already setting the Wii U up for failure...

320px-SMPTE_Color_Bars.svg.png

Nintendo aught to put this on the spine of every Wii U game coming from these pricks.

Edited by Dcubed

even with the cool gamepad stuff I gotta admit that I wont buy it over this years 360 version.

It is truly fucking unbelievable isn't it :) To be honest, I'm not too fussed about this as long as it has updated squads and stuff, therte's not much difference between each year anyway and the first touch system sounds atrocious!

But it is a joke yeah. So fucking lazy as per. 3rd parties screw nintendo over all the time and then say games don't sell. Fucking nobs!

Obviously, people will spin this into somehow being Nintendo's fault.

It's a complete and utter joke. No excuse for it. No reasoning behind it. It's giving gamers "a choice", or rather "an ultimatum." Why can't there be a definitive version of the game, and why can't that be on the WiiU?

I don't think it's much to ask for. This is a new system, with an exciting game-controller that is perfect for this. Why can't we get the best version of the game AND the exciting new gameplay mechanics, as well?

No purchase. Will wait for what Pro Evo has to offer, although Konami will fuck that up and not include online or something. I can just wait, because I'm still enjoying Pro Evo 2011 Wii as it is.

Obviously, people will spin this into somehow being Nintendo's fault.

It's a complete and utter joke. No excuse for it. No reasoning behind it. It's giving gamers "a choice", or rather "an ultimatum." Why can't there be a definitive version of the game, and why can't that be on the WiiU?

I don't think it's much to ask for. This is a new system, with an exciting game-controller that is perfect for this. Why can't we get the best version of the game AND the exciting new gameplay mechanics, as well?

No purchase. Will wait for what Pro Evo has to offer, although Konami will fuck that up and not include online or something. I can just wait, because I'm still enjoying Pro Evo 2011 Wii as it is.

There's obviously a reason behind it which is probably down to time and resources, that's all. Apparently most EA console launch games are gimped. This is probably just another discussion that will be long forgotten once people start playing it.

EA are just incredibly lazy. They're using old engines for madden and FIFA and tacking on game pad support, it sounds good actually but it's just frustrating. They want to do as little as possible... Then they'll say nintendo gamers don't buy core games and then produce cheap arcades games... No, it's because you fuck us off every time!

Ps I'll definitely still buy it though :)

Honestly guys, I just think you love pulling apart the slightest little bit of bad news, spin it round as 'someone' did it on purpose because they've got it in for you, and take great pleasure in revelling in your own misery. F'in hell, cheer up!

Honestly guys, I just think you love pulling apart the slightest little bit of bad news, spin it round as 'someone' did it on purpose because they've got it in for you, and take great pleasure in revelling in your own misery. F'in hell, cheer up!

I know I do. It's great fun! :D

So people should just accept the lazy efforts that EA is putting into these games? Ok, will do.