NEurope
-Dem0-

FIFA 13 Wii U

All they need to do is to have a radar with all players on the controller screen, where you can draw paths for your players to follow.

It would also be interesting if you could do all the management stuff (substitutions and the like) in real time on the screen - especially for multiplayer.

the talk about a different team working on it makes me has doubts to be honest.

Wii U will probably end up with some joke arcade version like the Wii has.

I've made my feelings clear about FIFA 12 many times so I won't really express them again other than to suggest that the inevitable FIFA 13 on Wii U needs to be a lot better to be of any interest to me..

PES 2013 on WiiU as well please - and keep it in line with the other PES releases this time Konami. :nono:

Will be interesting to see what the WiiU version turns out like. It won't be too different to the existing versions IMO as I doubt EA will bother to create some alternative version from the off when they can just port everything over and add a layer of sheen with a bit of touch screen intermission.

Either way, the thought of just playing my season/Be a Pro game via picking up my controller for a quick blast just oozes perfection! The GF can then watch the TV without my incessant footy addiction taking over the screen time!

Um...

I didn't see this coming *sarcasm*

A console arguably needs a FIFA title. There are some gaming staples that are good for the industry and I think FIFA is one of those. Sure, at times it is as stale as hell (there's only so much you can do with the source material) but it will be good to see how EA handles this version. If anything, FIFA is the perfect pick up and play title - with that screen on the controller this should be great!

A console arguably needs a FIFA title. There are some gaming staples that are good for the industry and I think FIFA is one of those. Sure, at times it is as stale as hell (there's only so much you can do with the source material) but it will be good to see how EA handles this version. If anything, FIFA is the perfect pick up and play title - with that screen on the controller this should be great!

Of course, I do understand that we have to have FIFA games, because a lot of people like those games and won't buy a console without them. And it's interresting to see how they'll use the tablet.

But I don't really see this as a surprise in any way. If you're surprised by this, I can make a few more "predictions": the Wii U will get Madden and NHL (also Tiger Woods, if they even make those anymore) as well.

PES 2013 on WiiU as well please - and keep it in line with the other PES releases this time Konami. :nono:

Will be interesting to see what the WiiU version turns out like. It won't be too different to the existing versions IMO as I doubt EA will bother to create some alternative version from the off when they can just port everything over and add a layer of sheen with a bit of touch screen intermission.

Either way, the thought of just playing my season/Be a Pro game via picking up my controller for a quick blast just oozes perfection! The GF can then watch the TV without my incessant footy addiction taking over the screen time!

I just hope that PES isn't anything like it is on the 360/PS3 version, and more in line with the Wii version, at least control wise.

I spent an evening playing PES 2012 on the 360 and I am not exaggerating when I say that the controls are a massive step backwards compared to the Wii version. It is so rigid. There is no fluidity and not being able to do some of the basic functions that are in the Wii version, such as selecting players to make runs, selecting players to close down attackers, pinpointing exactly where you want the ball to go...it makes a huge difference.

I found myself playing 2012 wanting to control the players around me, and instead all you can do is pass to them and hope that the computer's AI understands where you want the ball to go. There are plenty of times where it doesn't. At least with the Wii version this is the fault of the player.

Put simply, if Fifa or PES use dual analogue and are anything like they are already, I'm not touching it. Konami have got a perfect system in place and I will be massively disappointed if they don't improve this system and use it on the WiiU.

@Fierce_LiNk Read my suggestions above - it's such an obvious thing to implement that the developers would have to go out of their way to not attempt it. If both FIFA and PES don't do it, there's something wrong with the developers.

@Fierce_LiNk Read my suggestions above - it's such an obvious thing to implement that the developers would have to go out of their way to not attempt it. If both FIFA and PES don't do it, there's something wrong with the developers.

It's such an obvious thing to do that I'm not sure it'll get done. :heh:

Would be great to play like that, though. Would make defending a doddle, dragging your players to the right positions to make two lines of four, for example, or even just marking on corners. That's another area where the HD versions of PES fall well short in comparison to the Wii version. They could even keep the traditional crowd happy by offering multiple control schemes. Haven't tried the traditional controls in 2011 yet.

I actually played a game of PES 2012 on PS3 the other day against my brother for the first time in ages and it was an abomination :nono: I'm not even sure a game similar to that could even be rectified with the freedom of Wii controls as it all feels so clumsy in its current state..

It would be a shame not to offer a control scheme that we have become accustomed to on Wii at least as an option in Wii U editions of either FIFA or PES but I fear that it won't make the transition to the next gen :hmm:

I actually played a game of PES 2012 on PS3 the other day against my brother for the first time in ages and it was an abomination :nono: I'm not even sure a game similar to that could even be rectified with the freedom of Wii controls as it all feels so clumsy in its current state..

It would be a shame not to offer a control scheme that we have become accustomed to on Wii at least as an option in Wii U editions of either FIFA or PES but I fear that it won't make the transition to the next gen :hmm:

The pace of the game is pretty wrong. It's actually a bit worrying how both Fifa and PES seem to be making these same mistakes. I don't think Fifa has been good since 2010.

I'd love it if we had a third competitor, somebody to give both EA and Konami a kick up the arse.

I don't think Fifa has been good since 2010.

I agree :heh: I didn't actually think FIFA was good at all up until FIFA 10 :eek: The world cup game that followed was also quite decent but, for me, it is a series that took so long to get anywhere decent and then fell off a cliff again with FIFA 11 :nono:

PES hasn't been particularly enjoyable since PES 6 on the PS2, though the Wii versions took the series on a tangent much more beneficial to the series than what was made available on PS3 and XBOX 360.

It'll be interesting to see what takes place on Wii U but I imagine the first instance of FIFA to be much like the version released on PS Vita with the tacked on 'tap the screen' to shoot into a particular section of the net..

I agree :heh: I didn't actually think FIFA was good at all up until FIFA 10 :eek: The world cup game that followed was also quite decent but, for me, it is a series that took so long to get anywhere decent and then fell off a cliff again with FIFA 11 :nono:

PES hasn't been particularly enjoyable since PES 6 on the PS2, though the Wii versions took the series on a tangent much more beneficial to the series than what was made available on PS3 and XBOX 360.

It'll be interesting to see what takes place on Wii U but I imagine the first instance of FIFA to be much like the version released on PS Vita with the tacked on 'tap the screen' to shoot into a particular section of the net..

I've not really been a PES fan until the Wii edition of 2011. I had the xbox version of 4 and found it to be pretty dull. I prefer the pace of Fifa and it seems more multiplayer friendly.

2011 has the right kind of pace and they need to keep rolling with that. Fifa is all over the place at the moment. 2010 looked and felt really good to play, and then 2011 just messed that right up. They made it slowed and imo it doesn't look as appealing as it did before.

PES (on the HD systems) is a bit hit and miss certainly with the shooting mechanics of 2012 a tad dodgy and 2011's passing model seemingly having more depth to it. I think it's fair to say that both EA and Konami have struggled with consistency this generation with Konami wrecking the stunning template laid down by PES 6. FIFA was always going to get better with more power and it has done that but, as stated, feels lifeless and dull sometimes. At least PES still has a flow about it and doesn't seem scripted like FIFA does.

I'd love the playmaker controls in PES WiiU but I fear that it's only going to alienate players. I've said it before but footy games are about instant accessibility and a good kick about. The playmaker controls are almost tactical in nature and thus don't fit in with what is arguably a more 'casual' genre. That's why Konami probably put classic controls in the Wii version and (in my opinion) will continue to focus on with WiiU.

I believe footy games are system sellers in Europe and factually they sell millions. Would Konami and EA risk jotting gamers off with a 'new' control method? I'm not so sure, games companies don't seem to really embrace change much. Time will tell but I'm not too fussed if I get a footy game me and my mates can all play with some nice added extras on the controller screen.

Eurogamer

"The Wii U version is currently being worked on by a different team, but how exactly it'll differ from the mainline version remains a mystery."

I really wouldn't mind reading this about the next PES on Wii U. With different team obviously meaning the team behind the Wii versions. I only have PES12 on Wii, and I must admit, I mostly play with the Wiimote on its side, but damn, what a delicious game that is. It would be great shame if that got changed.

And what I would really love to see in a football game is a chant(?) composer. :grin:

Personally I really like FIFA on the hd consoles. I'd be happy enough with the exact same. Version for wii u with the obvious extra screen functionality. A bit boring maybe but I just don't think we should expect more. The different team but worries me greatly...

In the last 4 years I only played the Wii version of PES, because of the pointer controls, which I think are the best thing that could happen to footy games. Fifa, imo, was only decent up until '09. I recently bought Fifa 12 for ps3 and I think is superior, if compared to the Wii version of PES played with CC. The only thing I hope is that they implement pointer controls and have dedicated servers for the online. What is ruining pes on Wii & 3DS, now, is how random the online is, thanks to the 'host' problem. They seems to be quite serious about the online for Wii U, so let's hope they do it right.

Edited by andrea987

I agree :heh: I didn't actually think FIFA was good at all up until FIFA 10 :eek:

...But you like Fifa 64 sure... ;)

I reckon Fifa on Wii U will be the same framework and basic game as the PS3 and 360 version, the differences will probably be custom/instant tactics on the tablet controller (which will be nice) and im guessing a few mini games and the like. Strange how they've got another team to handle it, maybe that does imply more changes Wii-U specific features.

I'm kind of hoping its the same game with a few upgrades, not a wii-esque kiddie style special football game we've had over the past 5 years....

So, it sounds like it's using the Pad like the Wiimote is used in the Pro Evo games, for defending and attacking. The shooting mechanics sound good, but I'm not sure how well they'll work. Might be too hard to use it in an actual competitive game?

Sounds good so far.

It won't even be close to be as intuitive as you'll have to look down at the screen to do it and take your hand away from the buttons... sound disastrous to me. It better be optional.

Sounds a lot like the Fifa Vita controls, which I thought were quite good myself.

Not bad, but there's going to be an issue of having the UPad player having a huge advantage over everyone else... (and we all know that no launch titles feature multiple UPad support...)