NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bryanee

The Dark Knight Returns (animated movie)

Excuse my language but FUCK YEAH this looks good. Part One is out later this year.

http://superheroshows.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/first-images-from-dark-knight-returns.html

Not the best quality images as they are grabs from a trailer

ec1a181c.jpg

237c139a.jpg

51e80efd.jpg

b690adda.jpg

1d419084.jpg

f49ca17e.jpg

They nailed the look, a few more images in the link.

I've wanted a full on animated feature of this ever since the short in Batman: The Animated Series. The fact that its going to be in two parts is music to my ears.

Heres the original TAS tribute

Edited by bryanee

I didn't even know that TAS version existed. Can't imagine the blending of the two styles working too well. This new one though looks great. One of the best Comic book stories of all time.

Will be awesome to see that fight animated.

New images and voice cast info

TDKR2-frikarte.jpg

TDKR2-8-frikarte.jpg

TDKR2-7-frikarte.jpg

TDKR2-6-frikarte.jpg

TDKR2-4-frikarte.jpg

TDKR2-3-frikarte.jpg

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment have announced most of the voice cast for their adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Robocop actor Peter Weller will star as Batman/Bruce Wayne and Modern Family’s Ariel Winter will play Robin. In addition, Prison Break bad guy Wade Williams will voice Harvey Dent/Two-Face, and Michael McKean will play Dr. Wolper. There are still a few major roles to be announced, including that of The Joker and Superman.

Bad fucking ass.

omg dat artwork.

Me and a friend were discussing Frank Miller recently. It's genuinely amazing how far he's sunk. It's that bad that I can't really enjoy his great work like TDKR any more :(

I like that they tried to stay somewhat true to the original artwork.

Yep. It's clean and sharp but it holds true to Miller's character designs, just without that 'sketch' effect he used. Very cool.

edit for original art:

miller-batman.gif

omg dat artwork.

Me and a friend were discussing Frank Miller recently. It's genuinely amazing how far he's sunk. It's that bad that I can't really enjoy his great work like TDKR any more :(

Did you read him on the Occupy movement?

I mean, at least 300 tried to be subtle in purveying contemporary fascism.

Worst city man.

Edited by chairdriver

Yeah, exactly. The guy's a racist, sexist, drug addled fuck up. He used to be great...

I didn't know much about him outside of comics just did some reading very fucked up individual, never knew he wrote Robocop 2!

Always a bit sad when Kevin Conroy isn't playing Batman but eh, guess this is one adaption where a different voice actor could work well.

As much as I love Conroy hes not right for every variation of Batman, especially this one. I'd of loved it if they got Michael Ironside to do the voice like he did for the original TAS episode.

I just finished reading the comic and it was very good, although I got confused at times so I really want to see this movie. Especially if it's good.

Did you read him on the Occupy movement?

I mean, at least 300 tried to be subtle in purveying contemporary fascism.

Worst city man.

It seemed like a completely reasonable argument to me. Alright, it was put rather offensively, but pretty much everything he said was fairly accurate.

Sign in to follow this