NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

RIP Adam Yauch - aka MCA of the Beastie Boys

I don't know how much this is going to mean to everybody else but I'm sure there will be others who will be as saddened as I am by the news that Adam Yauch, aka MCA of the Beastie Boys has died at the age of 47 after a 3 year battle with cancer.

It goes without saying that together the Beastie Boys have produced music that's inspired and entertained multiple generations of people. I'm not even a major music fan but their 2004 album To The 5 Boroughs is my soundtrack to that small but important period in life, when I finally barreled out of school and made the first steps towards piecing together my own self.

So RIP MCA. Your talent will be deeply and sorely missed.

Well, I was shocked by this, I didnt even know he was ill. Beastie's are great musicians, really loved Hello Nasty. It was the soundtrack to a Summer of my school days.

RIP, you shall be missed.

Gaggle sums it up pretty well for me. Was really saddened when I read this on the Guardian site earlier.

Surprised this thread has so few replies tbh.

So gutted to hear about his passing :( License to Ill is one of the most important and defining albums of the last 30 years and he'll be surely missed. People said that they were never 'hip hop' but they got what hip hop was way more than the sell out artists of today. R.I.P dude.

When I think of the Beastie Boys, I always remember listening to tunes like Intergalactic and Body Movin' when I was in High School. Great group and I love their sound.

RIP. Cancer is horrible, I lost a good friend to it last year.

Sign in to follow this