NEurope
theBLUEBIRD

theBLUEBIRDs Art Gallery

Hey, I though I would post some of my art work - old and new!

I have been involved with drawing ever since I was a little kid growing up.. But I never officially studied it or learned from anybody.. Now, I know that my lines may not look 100% pro, but please feel free to say exactly what you think about my work.. And constructive criticism is appreciated! ;]

Here's a link to my Colors!3D gallery:

Colors! Gallery - BlueBirds gallery

And here's a link to my FlipNote gallery:

Flipnote Hatena - BlueBirds gallery

In the future, I might scan some (very) old hand drawings I made many years ago and post them here as well..

I hope you enjoy what you find.. ;)

You display a great use of colours! You have a rather distinctive style, and, while I'm by no means an expert, I'd actually say it seems like the lines are restrictive to your style. Perhaps try letting the colours draw the image? :)

It's funny, I actually prefer the Blues Brothers pic before you put the colour in. But don't listen to me. 9 out of 10 times I prefer b&w to colour.

@dannyboy; Thanks for the tip! I have no experience with painting or any kind of color shading at all. And I'm really just learning how to do this stuff. ;) Thanks again for the pointer! It's a good way to draw - Let the shading and light draw out the image, then detail it after.

@Grazza; Yeah, I know what you mean.. When drawing the Blues brothers, I should in fact have done it a little more gray-ish. And to be totally honest, I wasn't too happy with the way Jake (on the right) turned out.. His facial features are all lost in the silly attempt to shade him a bit darker than Elwood.. And I'm not too happy with the way the colors turned out anyway.. Too bright and red..

Thanks a bunch for the feedback guys! ;)

I really appreciate it!