NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Company of Heroes 2

Drop what you're doing, fools, the best game ever is getting a sequel:

A sequel to THQ's acclaimed 2006 PC RTS Company of Heroes is in development and due out in 2013, according to a leaked magazine reveal.

As spotted by a NeoGAF poster, the next issue of PC Gamer apparently has the scoop.

There's not an awful lot of information to chew on, other than that the game's main campaign plays out on the Eastern Front, with you controlling Russian forces taking on the Nazis.

Wintry weather conditions will play a big part in proceedings with snow slowing units down but also providing opportunity for cover.

It's thought original developer Relic Entertainment is once again holding the reins.

This isn't the first we've heard of a Company of Heroes sequel - THQ mentioned work on a new entry in the franchise in a press release earlier this year.

The sequel has plenty to live up to - the original game won a hard-fought 10/10 from Eurogamer.

I am excite.

I know I never got anyone on here to play the original game with me, but it's £6.99 on Steam, and looks better than Starcraft 2, for what that's worth. You peeps should check it out ;)

Is it wrong I am redukulously excited for the sequel to a game I've never even played? I wanted to play it when it first came out and I still want to but never had the hardware/money. All I know is it's a WW2 RTS by Relic in the vein of the excellent, magnificent Dawn of War but that alone has always excited me.

It'll probably be another 6 years after this one's release before I play it, but good god I reckon it'd be worth it.

The best thing is playing as the Wehrmacht online in my German war general persona.

"Klaus, can you do me a favour and deploy the howitzer, Ich habe sheisse."

Nothing but class.

There's no reason you shouldn't check out the original to be honest, it's an incredibly well designed strategy and tactics game (tactics in that the actions of your units after deployment actually matters, so you have to manage the interations of units based on terrain, elevation etc.) and if it came out today it would still hold up well graphically to contemporary games.

Edited by The Bard

Those super generous gentlemen over at Relic are putting Company of Heroes on sale with an 80% price markdown. That means the whole game is going for a grand total of £1.39. You all owe it to yourselves. Get on it.

Sign in to follow this