NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Penguins Approaching. It's Just a Box!

I hope there'll be some Zelda goodness at E3. A 3DS game maybe?

I hope there'll be some Zelda goodness at E3. A 3DS game maybe?

One of my predictions, and I really think it is of all likelihood.

I predict we're going to have to wait until GDC 2013 to see Zelda 3DS. Very much hope it's sooner though.

I would think we're not going to see a 3DS Zelda for a while because we had Ocarina of Time. I know it was just a remake but it's still 'a Zelda game'.

I predict we're going to have to wait until GDC 2013 to see Zelda 3DS. Very much hope it's sooner though.

Hmmm, that's possible too, given the fact that they showcased both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks at that event.

Zelda 3DS might also be blown away by the MEGATONS relating to the WiiU.

Does anyone know how much time has passed since Spirit Tracks?

Let's not forget the Aonuma-tease either:

Aonuma.png

Out of interest one thing I noticed is that people seem to want to see a new Zelda at every new E3 (well apart from when a game is already announced). We had OoT3D, Skyward Sword and Four Swords last year. Skyward Sword came out 6 months ago do people really want a new one so soon?

A new handheld title I understand, but after OoT3D I'm wondering if there's going to be much difference between the console and handheld titles unless Nintendo goes back to top down or does something new.

Obviously there's the Wii U Zelda, but I'd guess the most we'll see is a new tech demo if at all, and the heavily hinted 3D remake of A Link to the Past but I'd rather they took a bit of a break with the series even if it does usually take a while for the game to be actually released.

Not that I'd complain if they announced Majora's Mask 3D/a new title for the 3DS but I get the impression people hype themselves up for a new Zelda and then complain when they don't announce one because they expected one for no reason at all.

I just think with last year being so Zelda-centric they might want to let the series lie low for a while and build the buzz for next year. Hopefully not though.

On a different note, it looks as though my 'First' E3 as a N-E member might see some serious interruptions. I've got to go to a Wedding on the 5th, Wedding's are nice and all but out of 365 days in a year, it just had to be the 5th of June :weep:

Yeah regarding Zelda, I thought it was an absolute joke in the Nintendo GT Bonus Round when one of them said, the Wii U needs a Mario or Zelda there at launch!

OK so a new 3D Mario might be possible, it's pushing it... But Zelda!!! These are supposed to be professionals in the industry!

I think there might be something A Link To The Past related at E3... maybe a 3D Remake, or just Nintendo announcing a bunch of SNES games for the eShop.

But yeah, I think a new Zelda might be mentioned for the 3DS, with some images on stage, not sure about a trailer, but I'd LOVE to see one. Skyward Sword is really getting me back into Zelda atm!

Out of interest one thing I noticed is that people seem to want to see a new Zelda at every new E3 (well apart from when a game is already announced). We had OoT3D, Skyward Sword and Four Swords last year. Skyward Sword came out 6 months ago do people really want a new one so soon?

Yeah, I really do want one, for some reason! :) I very much enjoyed Ocarina of Time 3D, so am eager for more.

The way I look at is Zelda is one of the first things people want to see when Nintendo has a new machine. With the Wii and DS, the thing most on my mind was "When are they going to do a Zelda?", and it's the same with Wii U and 3DS. It's not just about having one to play (as people have said, OOT 3D meets that need); for me it's more about seeing what Nintendo are setting out as the Zelda engine for any particular machine.

For example, once Phantom Hourglass was shown, there was no great desire for lots more Zelda, as we had seen what it'd be like on the DS. I think people were very keen to see a Zelda on the Wii, because we had that strange situation with Twilight Princess, where it didn't indicate what one would be like if made just for Wii.

Skyward Sword itself was particularly late, so we have this situation where we want to see a new console Zelda, despite just having had one. I always say Ocarina of Time in 1998, Majora's Mask in 2000 and then new hardware two or three years later was the best way to do it. There is also a post-3DS factor with the Wii U in that the pressure is on Nintendo to show fans what would really excite them - to bring out all their best franchises - although I admit expecting to see Zelda this year is wishful thinking.

On a different note, it looks as though my 'First' E3 as a N-E member might see some serious interruptions. I've got to go to a Wedding on the 5th, Wedding's are nice and all but out of 365 days in a year, it just had to be the 5th of June :weep:

Yeah, that is a bit of a shame, dude. Just hope there are some bridesmaids your age. ;)

Edited by Grazza

Regarding Zelda:

There's always one in the works, just like Mario.

It's been quite some time since a portable Zelda, so showing it off is likely.

The 25th anniversary was great, but only Skyward Sword was new during that period.

I'd say the intervals are just right when it comes to a new protable/console Zelda.

This series hasn't got a special space reserved at the dump, unlike Mario games, of which there are plenty.

So, I really wouldn't mind if they didn't show anything Zelda related, it's just that I think NINTENDO is eager to show off a new full-fledged Zelda adventure for the 3DS which takes advantage of the various things it offers.

Awww. Unlucky mate, sods law that it had to be that day. Just sit and watch the conference on your phone during the wedding.

Yeah a few of us also made that prediction. We've had Mario on the 3DS and another one on the way, so now it's time for Zelda to shine. I really want a new one but I wouldn't mind another OOT remake for Majoras Mask or Link to the Past.

I'd say the intervals are just right when it comes to a new protable/console Zelda.

Yup, the portables games do a nice job of filling in the gap while we wait for a console version.

Just sit and watch the conference on your phone during the wedding.
Hehehe, yeah. :grin: Try to avoid reacting to any MEGATONS though. :heh:

gI1rN.png

for me it's more about seeing what Nintendo are setting out as the Zelda engine for any particular machine.

OK, I understand that. Everyone wanted to see what they could do with the Wii remote on the Wii, even if it did end up splitting the fan base in the end (Zelda seems good at that lately).

I'm looking forward to seeing Zelda in HD, I've said it before but Skyward Sword was really blurry, and what they will do with the Tablet.

Saying that I don't feel the need to see a new one every E3. We're about to start a new hardware cycle, I'd rather they took their time learning the new hardware and getting the most out of it. It's Nintendo's first jump into HD afterall, apparently there is some kind of learning curve.

Of course they are working on a new one right now it's just that sometimes they show it and then release it 2/3+ years later, sometimes I just want them to say "Here's a new Zelda and it's out in a few months!". Don't think it'll ever happen though.

People wanting a new Star Fox/F-Zero makes sense because we haven't seen a new one for a while.

In summary, I wouldn't mind waiting a year or 2 to see a new console Zelda.

Saying that I don't feel the need to see a new one every E3. We're about to start a new hardware cycle, I'd rather they took their time learning the new hardware and getting the most out of it. It's Nintendo's first jump into HD afterall, apparently there is some kind of learning curve.

Wario_Ware_Smooth_Moves_Boogie_by_karniz.png

They are so ready for that!

It's Nintendo's first jump into HD afterall, apparently there is some kind of learning curve.

Nintendo has been developing their games with HD assets since at least Brawl, so I don't think this learning curve applies to their EAD studios as much as one might think.

Nintendo has been developing their games with HD assets since at least Brawl, so I don't think this learning curve applies to their EAD studios as much as one might think.

They have?

They have?

Many Nintendo games on Wii were designed to a large extent using HD assets on a PC and then 'ported' onto a Wii dev kit. I'm really not familiar with whether it's been all first party games or just some, but it's the basic reason why many first party Wii games look so impressive rendered on Dolphin.

But there's a still a very big difference between being rendered in HD (like GameCube and N64 games can) and the power difference between the Wii and 360/PS3.

As for why they look good in HD, I think it's to do with how they have have a "clean" look - like how Wind Waker also looks amazing rendered in HD.

Oh, I'm not saying there won't be a big leap in that regard - I'm completely ignorant of the nitty gritty of development, so I can perfectly believe that there will be a certain ramping up of requirements. I'm just dispelling the myth that Nintendo's studios have no experience of developing things in HD. They ostensibly do.

Not really a Nintendo focused gif, but its done so well and it's one of my favourite childhood films.

labyrinth_dk6uud.gif

I just saw the best GIF ever on Gaf.

presentbombreactOOKMED.gif

Was literally just about to post this too... brilliant!

I've said it on this thread and I'll say it again. Zelda Majoras Mask for the Wii U, done by Retro Studios. Remember this statement, I don't know why but I just have this feeling that it's coming. The story, assets, characters are all present, just needs some Retro magic with Ninty guidance and it means it could be out for launch. Anyway we need a good console Zelda after the disappointment that was Skyward Sword.