NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

If this game gets hacked, will this lodestar not ruin the whole online multiplayer experience?

Are you suggesting that Treyarch shouldn't put good killstreaks in a game in case it gets 'hacked'.

Before you go down this line, I suggest you read up on how hackers ruin games. It's very rarely with killstreak rewards but in fact done with something called 'red boxing' which is far more helpful than any killstreak.

To be fair, the only hacking I've encountered in the CoD games has generally been giving everyone infinite grenade launchers or care packages (the former of which I had coupled with being able to fly around maps when I played MW: RE on the Wii shortly after release). There was another strange hack on the 360 version of MW2 where playing Ground War on Rust resulted in being able to go over the win score limit (and that one had infinite grenade launchers which lead to absolute chaos).

Other than that, it's unlikely you'll get people hacking killstreaks. The developers are pretty swift at sorting those things out anyway even if they do turn up.

Hacking crippled the Wii version... literally. The leaderboards still aren't functioning. Hope there's a way *I* can counter this Loadstar; looks a bit too powerful but there's no mercy if I'm the one using it ;) Imagine a few players on either side has this - wouldn't it just turn into Loadstar battles?

Silencer looks a lot more balanced over MW3.

For those not well versed in CoD, there's a YouTuber, XboxAhoy, who does CoD weapon guides (albeit a weekly series) that are simply the best weapon guides around. So much so that Infinity Ward actually hired him to work on CoD Elite vids for MW3!

But anyhow, for those that would like some pointers when it comes to class loadouts and guns, here's the first of his Black Ops 2 series...

Also, here's a little vid where the guy talks about the Miiverse and it's "communities" over a Black Ops 2 gameplay...

Edited by Kav

Ouch. Thank you for posting that, it's made up my mind about not pre-ordering the game.

Yeah some issues with the campaign, but I don't really care considering my time will be spent on multiplayer which is still praised...

Still, on the plus side, the multiplayer component of the game has emerged unscathed - if that's your focus, and you're willing to be patient for the online audience to grow in number, Black Ops 2 on Wii U is still worthy of consideration. The game also illustrates rather nicely the application of the GamePad for a new form of split-screen gaming, while tablet mirroring really is a sweet feature that we hope more developers embrace.

I did notice the multiplayer comments but the only time I'd touch that side of the game would be trying to get into a few games with the people here. I'm still slightly interested in the game because of the way it allows local multiplayer to take place on the Gamepad and TV screen plus the ability to use the Wii Remote for aiming. I just don't think I can justify a £40 spend on it when I'm already getting five games at launch.

@V\. Amoleo I still think you should get it, because you'll sure have a blast gaming with us! :grin:

Custom Emblem: Paper Mario Tutorial.

This is really impressive. Check out the preview of Link at the end. It's even more awesome.

N-Europe clan I am geting a headset Turtle Beach Ear Force NLA Headset for Wii U - Black

248454_gen_a.png

N-Europe clan I am geting a headset Turtle Beach Ear Force NLA Headset for Wii U - Black

248454_gen_a.png

Nice one Canand, I think I'll be picking that up too.

248454_gen_a.png

Zavvii and The HUt; 22.95 pounds (damn Chinese keyboard has no pound sign)

That's a very good price for a premium headset, I'm considering picking this up but first I'm going to see if my cheap headset does the job, as that'll do for the time being.

cod1.jpg

Just been playing online with the NE faithful. Had some great games with them, with us mostly cleaning house! Hopefully I performed well enough to hang with you guys.

It took me a while to get us gamepad controls but after one or two games it felt natural. I would still like to get a pro pad at some point though.

The headset is fantastic. The quality of sound that comes through them is amazing. I thought I was in the middle of a warzone once grenades started flying off all over the place! :D

From what I can gather you can't access the home menu on the gamepad while playing this online. I tried checking what peeps were up to during the loading screens but it wasn't to be.

In case anyone wants to buy the headset at a shop, HMV give you a tenner off the price when buying it with a game.

Just been playing online with the NE faithful. Had some great games with them, with us mostly cleaning house! Hopefully I performed well enough to hang with you guys. .

You played great, even the last game where you played against us on the other team and wrecked mine & Kav's game... :mad:

If I'd had a headset, I would of suggested we all pull back to form a party.

Problem we have at moment is apart from HoT, nobody has a headset, so we can't communicate at all.

Well, we tore apart the other teams quite well tonight. :D I don't think we lost a match once we were all together. Its a shame Mokong kept getting the boot.

Well, we tore apart the other teams quite well tonight. :D I don't think we lost a match once we were all together. Its a shame Mokong kept getting the boot.

did you see my post in the online thread? I couldn't get back online at all. Hope it just day one jitters and not an issue with my ISP or something :-(

There does appear to be an issue with the online that some reviewers have picked up on, it seems to vanish for them at least after a quick reboot but they did mention it only showed up a couple of times. I have to imagine Activision have a patch on the way for it, hopefully in time for me getting my copy on the 25th ^_^

I had a very indifferent day on on this, sometimes it ran smoothly and brilliantly and at others my shots just wouldn't register at all.

Still love the game mind, I played most of the day with the Gamepad whilst my flatmate and his girlfriend watched tv... this is the best thing about the WiiU for me so far!

It took me a short while to get used to the layout of the analogue sticks and also the buttons, given that on the CCP the analogues didn't click, I'd be pressing X to knife and I'd only go and change to my other weapon! Haha

Once I went back to Wiimote though I owned again! Love that Wiimote I do!

Also, I've ordered the Turtle Beach NLa headset from amazon so hopefully I'll have that week so the game chat will work properly!

Custom Emblem: Paper Mario Tutorial.

This is really impressive. Check out the preview of Link at the end. It's even more awesome.

Thanks for posting that, very impressive! Certainly more impressive than my shitty triforce logo. Or the thousands of cocks and vaginas everyone seems to have on the 360.

Another class set-up recommendation video to those not well versed in CoD. This time, the MP7:

Also, on a side note, my NLa headset has been despatched! :smile:

Edited by Kav