NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

My local Gamestop finally got this on their system today so I stuck down a pre-order on it :D

Got most of my WiiU ZombiU Pack paid off too, just 150euro left to go :D

'No current plans' to bring Call of Duty Elite service to Call of Duty: Black Ops II Wii U

I'm starting to get a little nervous about the online features of the Wii U. I was very optimistic for awhile there, hearing great things from a number of devs. In recent days, we've been hearing talk about how certain online elements from multiplatform games aren't going to be on Wii U, or will be available in different methods.

Looks like Call of Duty: Black Ops II is the latest to follow that trend. According to Nevin Dravinski, producer on the game, there's no current plan to bring the Call of Duty Elite service to Wii U. Maybe the next time around? Thanks to Jbob for the heads up!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=188096&sid=3bd1a987c1f29b26266e82037ca68e71

applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif

Well done! So who do you blame? I'd be inclined to blame Nintendo. We're a month away from launch and we've no idea how their online works. We don't even know what the consoles dashboard looks like. What were those lessons they said they've learnt from again?

It's pretty worrying but let's not shoot our load too early. It wouldn't surprise me though. The fact we know so little about miiverse and online is baffling. We were promised the same online as the other consoles with th addition of the Nintendo twist, but it appears daily online stuff seems to be disappearing... Lets hope we do get everything, or at least it's just launch game hiccups because everyone got the online details too late. But why wouldn't Nintendo provide details of the "air" so launch games could take advantage?

Here's the official news on COD Elite for the Wii U.

According to a report from GamesIndustry yesterday, Activision's CEO Eric Hirshberg said they are trying to implement the Call of Duty Elite service onto the Wii U and are currently negotiating with Nintendo.

"Our goal is to bring the Season Pass and DLC to Wii U, but we just need a little more time to work with Nintendo on some of the details.

"For the Elite services, this is something we're looking into and evaluating our options, but it's just too early for us to say,"Hirshberg said.

COD Elite is something that was mostly purchased because it meant that the DLC was all free and it made it slightly cheaper than buying the DLC separately.

MW3 DLC didn't do as well as Black Ops DLC, so they're making Elite free and charging for DLC.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Launch Trailer:

Didn't see my post on the previous page then?

Didn't see my post on the previous page then?

Clearly not, sorry about that! Great vid though, especially the music choice :)

Clearly not, sorry about that! Great vid though, especially the music choice :)

Fantastic choice of music, trailer was on at half time - England vs Poland.

Fantastic choice of music, trailer was on at half time - England vs Poland.

It was on last night aswell when the program finished and did Nintendo say we will get Online info near the end of October

Well looks like the Headbanger Headset won't be working with the WiiU afterall :mad:

http://kotaku.com/5952858/you-can-voice+chat-on-the-wii-u-while-gaming-but-theres-a-catch?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Headsets will connect to a port on the GamePad NOT a USB port on the WiiU Console itself, so that pretty much rules out the Headbanger anyway.

I knew they'd muck up something no surprise it would be voice chat.

No way will I be able to buy another headset on day one. Might be into the new year before I get one I'd say.

It's not so much about download speed but about the ping and also the upload speed. My ping is 29ms and the download is 8.3 mb

Try speedtest.net and find out what you've got!

What was your upload speed?

@ http://www.speedtest.net/

I'm getting a 0.41ms ping with a 8.06mb download and 0.74mb upload.

I'm getting 22ms ping, 20.66mb download and 1.13mb upload

No wonder I was always hosting, my connection is AWESOME!!!

My response...

I like Nuketown, but I do think it's overplayed.

On Domination and when we've a full team on, it's great!

New Zombies info:

“The story mode, Tranzit, is a huge map with a number of different areas to explore, all of which are connected by a bus route. The bus route is also part of the world and can be explored, either on foot, or by bus, which travels to each of the areas of the map. You’ll meet a few new characters, some new zombies and fight them off using weapons ranging from new near-future weapons, some faithful stand-bys and a few wunderweapons. Ultimately, strategy is the name of the game here.

When playing Survival, the team has taken the individual areas and tailored them for classic survival play. The individual Survival areas are adaptations of the locations in Tranzit, but they’ve been designed to accommodate survival-style play.

Finally, there’s Grief, or what we like to call “4Z4.” There are two human teams that go head-to-head; however, they can’t kill one another – they can only fight to repel the oncoming zombie horde. The name of this game is “last man standing” – whoever is left, that team wins. So to achieve this, we provide some griefing mechanics that enable teams to “encourage “zombies to cast their attention on the other team. If used properly, the other team won’t be able to overcome the zombie attack and the remaining team will be left victorious.”

http://www.gametheorycast.com/black-ops-2-zombies-game-modes-detailed/

If you fancy setting up classes and are intrigued to how the pick ten works, you can now try it online:

http://callofduty.4players.de/index.php?page=Custom&pageID=157

Ping 83 : ↓10.40Mbps ↑0.93Mbps

That's on Sky, but getting 30Mb Virgin Media installed next week... will see how that works out. I hear their hub thing is a bit gash.

Edited by madeinbeats

Mine - Ping: 15, DL: 10.45Mbps, UL: 1.05 on Virgin.

I get a free upgrade soon.

Mine is - ping 45ms download 14.97 up .93. So this doesn't explain why it gives me black ops host most of the time? If losts is so much better why doesn't it pick him all the time then? Its just a mess, lets hope all sorted for blackops 2

Mine is - ping 45ms download 14.97 up .93. So this doesn't explain why it gives me black ops host most of the time? If losts is so much better why doesn't it pick him all the time then? Its just a mess, lets hope all sorted for blackops 2

Is that ping to the server itself or just to where you are using speedtest.net to?

If the later, you could possibly have better stats when linking to the server because you go through less hops to get to the EU servers, possibly closer to a better fibre run going across the channel or to the UK server or whatever.

Everything is relative on the internet, despite everything that the telcos try and tell you.

Haven't they kinda shot themselves in the foot a little with this game, in that in terms of design it's effectively what Modern Warfare 4 should have been?

How long before you're playing the entire game from a hovering mech walker.

Haven't they kinda shot themselves in the foot a little with this game, in that in terms of design it's effectively what Modern Warfare 4 should have been?

How long before you're playing the entire game from a hovering mech walker.

I don't understand? The Modern Warfare Games are all set in the present, this is set in the near future and in the cold war, the original Black Ops was set in the cold war. I really don't see how this would equate with Treyarch 'shooting themselves in the foot'.

The Modern Warfare story arch concluded with the third. So it will be interesting where it goes, however I doubt it will be a straight sequel.

Oh ok I didn't realise the Modern Warfare story had concluded with the third; but then you're right, it will be interesting to see where it goes next.

My point was really, that surely this sort of near future setting is where you would have expected Modern Warfare to go next, because up until now it's been very much the ultra modern day shooter progressively moving forward with each installment (heading into space etc). And next up I would have thought it would head into the sort of Ghost Recon Future Soldier scene.

The two COD series were kind of differentiated before in that Black Ops was staying a bit more traditional in terms of setting and being 'grounded' in real wars. And whilst in order to stay relivant that series in particular would have probably had to change (in that people had been getting a little tired of historical war shooters); I'm just wondering if the two series now are kind of stepping over one another?

Yes ok they've connected the two Black Ops games via somewhat of a story, but I don't know maybe they should have stayed away a bit, because like you say, I'm not really sure where Modern Warfare goes from here to importantly keep the two series far enough apart if they're both to co-exist.