NEurope
MicroLovePony

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS

SEGA just announced this for 3DS as well as Vita, PS3, 360 and PC. Surely there must be a Wii U version in development too? Maybe Nintendo doesn't want third parties revealing their line-up before E3?

Click Here For More Screens Of The Home Console Versions & Details

Anyway Transformed will allow you to use boats and planes as well as cars which sounds cool. I've tried to include screens of each vehicle type.

Also if the 3DS version offers as much as the console versions will this could be a great addition to the 3DS. The DS original was cool so hopefully the new handheld can be put to good use for this sequel.

I want to see Phantom R from Rhythm Thief in the game! Or maybe an Outrun stage. It could change environment every lap.

news214.jpg

news214h.jpg

news214b.jpg

The original's DS and Wii versions were excellent (The former being the only version that ran at 60FPS!)

I expect just as good a job done on this new game for the 3DS! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Surely there must be a Wii U version in development too?

I found the original Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing rather unenjoyable and lacking that certain something that could have made it half decent.. but, like Sega Superstars Tennis, it failed to inspire me at all :hmm:

A Wii U version of this (or even the confirmed 3DS game) is not on my wish list..

I loved the game up until the 3rd cup which is when I realised they'd just keep using the same themes :/

Hopefully we'll actually see some levels based off of Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 etc in this one!

I've played the Wii version and enjoyed it very much, but didn't keep it as the online multiplayer was limited and I rarely play multiplayer games offline these day. Enjoyed most 3DS racers, so will be looking forward to this one. Maybe it'll be able to improve on Mario Kart 7 by offering a mission mode in single player, with leaderboards and the ability to trade ghost online?

I hope this one lets you use the All-Stars moves online... Regardless I'll be getting it on PS3

Transformed will allow you to use boats and planes as well as cars which sounds cool.

This sounds pretty cool, but my 1st thought was...

600full-diddy-kong-racing-screenshot.jpg

What I'd give to play a 3DS version! DKR is my 2nd favourite racer ever!

You can see Vyse's car and boat in a couple of the pics, seems to have a cannon/gun turret on the back.

Also, think it's safe to say it's coming to Wii U.

This sounds pretty cool, but my 1st thought was...

600full-diddy-kong-racing-screenshot.jpg

What I'd give to play a 3DS version! DKR is my 2nd favourite racer ever!

Remember the DS remake? I can't believe they managed to mess it up and for no apparent reason leave the best song of the original out of the game!

I just want Nintendo to release it on Virtual Console! I've been hoping that would happen since I was discussing this way back in a thread called "What download titles do you want on Nintendo Revolution?" on Cube-Europe!

MAKE IT HAPPEN :shakehead

(I'm aiming my anger and hatred toward Rare and Nintendo, I know that you indeed cannot make it happen :heh:)

Thanks for making me want to drop everything and go play Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 again, @Josh64 :heh:

It would probably be played regularly in multiplayer when my friends come over if there wasn't a lack of music when 3-4 players participate..

i loved diddy kong racing, i complete it (every balloon, adventure two) every other year and each time i enjoy it immensely. such a good game! the multiplayer wasnt all that great though, compared to Mario Kart, but the single player aced it.

Holy shit.. I really hope the 3DS version is good because it might be the only version I'll be able to play when this comes out.

Not to worry, a leaked trailer has revealed that the game is coming to Wii U. Unfortunately all I could find was a screenshot:

ASR-Transformed-Wii-U-trailer-screencap.png

I may not be particularly interested in the game but that skeleton from Golden Axe looks awesome :heh:

Going to get this when it comes out. Speaking of which, does anyone know when it's going to be released?

Good to see the Nintendo Network logo on the official boxart. The only online game on 3DS this Winter, unless FIFA and PES offer it too?

91TWlwbcpkL._AA1500_.jpg

I'm going with the 3DS version over the WiiU version, as I'm currently using the bus for work, so this will entertain me on those journeys. Cheapest place to pre-order btw, are Amazon and Play at £24.99.

After I read that Sega's apparently offering Rhythm Thief for free on a certain platform that the media can't stop talking about I've decided to not support Sega anymore, unless they will also release new games for free on platforms I own such as the 3DS. Why would I pay 25 quid or more for a game others apparently will be able to play for free?! So unless I misunderstood something I'm not going to get this game anyway.

After I read that Sega's apparently offering Rhythm Thief for free on a certain platform that the media can't stop talking about I've decided to not support Sega anymore, unless they will also release new games for free on platforms I own such as the 3DS. Why would I pay 25 quid or more for a game others apparently will be able to play for free?! So unless I misunderstood something I'm not going to get this game anyway.

That's not the same game as the 3DS one, it's a spinoff.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see an inferior version hit iOS eventually (like what happened with the first game)

That's not the same game as the 3DS one, it's a spinoff.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see an inferior version hit iOS eventually (like what happened with the first game)

OK, I will admit I don't know much about the upcoming free phone version other than I read it's free to try and then you'll have to pay in order to unlock features (which haven't been enclosed as far as I'm aware). I read it though as if the main game was free to try, but if you want to visit the shop (in the game) it'll cost you moneys - meaning it would be perfectly possible to complete the exact same game as the 3DS version for free. I paid £25 for the 3DS game and didn't enjoy it much so it made me a bit upset if Sega was giving the same game away for free that I just bought (and luckily sold without too big of a loss).

Looks surprisingly good! I wonder if there'll be anything to make it worth getting alongside the console version. Different tracks and characters would be nice.

The 3DS version of this game comes out on 8th February (this Friday!), is anyone going to pick it up? SEGA have updated their blog with screenshots of the 3DS game: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/02/04/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-races-into-stores/

Also someone has managed to buy the game early and has uploaded footage to Youtube:

It's hard to tell the differences in the game compared to the console version from just watching but it looks like they've removed water physics from the game so boats won't bounce around on water :( Also the Jet Set Radio stage looks completely different, as if it's missing textures or something!

The 3DS version of this game comes out on 8th February (this Friday!), is anyone going to pick it up? SEGA have updated their blog with screenshots of the 3DS game: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/02/04/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-3ds-races-into-stores/

Also someone has managed to buy the game early and has uploaded footage to Youtube:

It's hard to tell the differences in the game compared to the console version from just watching but it looks like they've removed water physics from the game so boats won't bounce around on water :( Also the Jet Set Radio stage looks completely different, as if it's missing textures or something!

screenshots look horrid because of the compression. They make it look like a DS game!

I have had this on pre-order for months. Hoping we get a review before amazon ship out.

considering the delay we have had I really hope Sumo worked hard and we get solid 30fps.