NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

I don't see GTAV targetting quite the same audience as this and those who are interested in both will still likely pick up them up as they offer such different game play styles that they will serve as nice palette clensers between sessions.

That's regardless of whether they are buying the Wii U version or getting it on the other machines.

It doesnt matter really, Rayman will get swallowed up by the hype of GTA. And I think alot of people who would pick up Rayman are the hardcore and they are part of the GTA audience, I know I'll pick GTA over Rayman if I can only afford one title.

I think Zombie U will get ported as well.

Probably but it'll lose alot of its appeal in the process.

They would have sold more games releasing the Wii U version now, when Wii U owners are starved and craving new games!

Exactly! Was really looking forward to picking this up, guess I will save money for the monster hunter double header, but still!

Also Epic Mickey sold over a million for Wii didn't it? And then Epic Mickey 2 went multiplatform and shifted 250,000 didn't it? Oh Ubisoft, please don't make the same mistake!

No doubt delaying the Wii U version has hurt the games overall sales. Very strange decision from Ubisoft.

It's not that strange a decision if you are Ubi. Delay it on Wii U, then release it on three platforms - the HD consoles have an audience alone of over 140 million units between them - and market it all together. It actually makes much more sense than having a fractured release where you have to do two waves of communications and deal with a likely much cheaper Wii U version undercutting the PS360 versions.

Sucks for Nintendo, but for Ubi it would have been a very explicit - and unnecessary - act of faith in Nintendo.

I think Ubisoft may have just caused a massive rift between them and Nintendo, considering all the hype Nintendo has been giving this game, which isn't a good thing.

Making this decision by Ubisoft all the more significant.

The importance of Nintendo's E3 Conference has just gone up a notch.

Making it multi-platform in the long run is undoubtedly a good decision; delaying the Wii U release isn't for obvious reasons. The two shouldn't be conflated as meaning the same thing, unless of course the game is in development hell and a way from being finished.

I have to say, even I'm feeling very pessimistic about the Wii U's chances now. This game was the single biggest 3rd paty exclusive post-launch and from the demo (that they needlessly taunted us with weeks ago) a quality piece of work.

Not amused. Was really looking forward to this and Scribblenauts :cry:

No new Wii U games for me until the end of March now ...

It'll be interesting to see how this is priced against the 360/PS3 versions when it is released,

Using Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed as an example, I think it will be £5 minimum more expensive, which will reduce the Wii U version's sales figures even more.

It's not that strange a decision if you are Ubi. Delay it on Wii U, then release it on three platforms - the HD consoles have an audience alone of over 140 million units between them - and market it all together. It actually makes much more sense than having a fractured release where you have to do two waves of communications and deal with a likely much cheaper Wii U version undercutting the PS360 versions.

Ah, I hadn't considered the marketing angle. I suppose that's probably it. This had to go multi eventually because of the way Ubi operate and Origins was on every platform under the sun. It's just a great blow to the Wii U's lineup!

The only thing more annoying about this game being delayed is how much fucking sense it makes for Ubisoft to do it.

This is really not ok. I don't have a Wii U yet, but I really do believe in it's potential. I really want to get a reason to buy one. The rayman legends demo I played in a store was fantastic, and it really was a system seller in my eyes. Getting this delayed even more is really bad for the Wii U, there is really nothing interesting for alot of people for the system for the moment. Really ugly of Ubisoft do make such a dirty move. I do get it's all about business. I understand they want to make it a multi platform, but they really shouldn't have delayed the WiiU version just for the sake of a simultanous release on all the systems.

Ah, I hadn't considered the marketing angle. I suppose that's probably it. This had to go multi eventually because of the way Ubi operate and Origins was on every platform under the sun. It's just a great blow to the Wii U's lineup!

If you knew how much the budget for one email was, you'd vomit.

Sucks for Nintendo, but for Ubi it would have been a very explicit - and unnecessary - act of faith in Nintendo.

Maybe, I just had a feeling that it would be somewhat overlooked on the PS3/360... I'm not sure the original sold overly well on them did it?... especially given big games out around that time like GTAV and Splinter Cell (and who knows what else to be confirmed at E3), combined with people beginning to maybe save for/look towards next-gen.

To me I thought they could do a really great push for the game now on Wii U given the lack of games, it could basically be treated as a First Party title given the beautiful graphics and Gamepad support... a feature that will get less attention in a multiplatform release as people just consider the version for the console they already have. They could then push it again for the 360/PS3 at maybe a £10 cut price... It'll likely do the predicted numbers on the PS3/360 whenever it's released given the constant first/third party competition.

Blimey, that is a blow.

What does the Wii U release schedule look like now? Anyone got a link?

At least we will be getting Sniper Elite V2 soon....every cloud....

Yes it seriously sucks in every single region.

Europe

Europe

02/07 Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

02/15 Dream Pinball 3D II

03/22 Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...

03/28 LEGO City Undercover

03/29 The Croods: Prehistoric Party!

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

04/19 Injustice: Gods Among Us

05/24 Resident Evil: Revelations

Japan

02/21 Tank! Tank! Tank!

03/20 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...

03/28 Game & Wario

05/23 BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition

North America

03/05 The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition

03/18 LEGO City Undercover

03/19 Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

The Croods: Prehistoric Party!

03/26 The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

04/16 Injustice: Gods Among Us

05/21 Resident Evil: Revelations

05/24 Sniper Elite V2

Considering cancelling my pre-order... anyone else in the same boat? Or not too fussed...

Considering cancelling my pre-order... anyone else in the same boat? Or not too fussed...

I was going to pay it off tomorow but I have cancelled it. The money will go towards another game out in March. I will be buying it though, I cant say if it'll be at launch not with next gen consoles, GTA and other Nintendo holiday titles coming out.

lol have you seen the Uplay community on Miiverse, its amazing.

Yes it seriously sucks in every single region.

Europe

Europe

02/15 Dream Pinball 3D II

03/22 Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

03/28 LEGO City Undercover

03/29 The Croods: Prehistoric Party!

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

04/19 Injustice: Gods Among Us

05/24 Resident Evil: Revelations

That right there is the saving grace :cool: (shame they couldn't get it released closer to launch). Hundreds of hours of monster hunting await those that get MH3U, it'll make the wait for new Wii U games fly by! ;)

But for peeps that aren't into MH, then yeah... it ain't looking too clever. :hmm:

I was really looking forward to picking this up next payday after playing the demo. As it is ready they could have released it. But on the otherhand if they intended to make it multiplatform them it does really make sense for them to release and market it together

It's Rayman and will bomb. You will be able to get it for £25 within a few weeks of release.

It's crazy that someone can download a demo today for game that isnt out until September.

Pre-order cancelled... Ubisoft will make no more money out of me for the time being. :)

Ubisoft must have always been aiming to make the game multiplatform though at some stage surely?... So why do this now 2 weeks before the Nintendo launch?

I assumed the Nintendo launch was for a set/agreed timed exclusive. Ubisoft can't have just decided this just now?... so why give the Wii U version a launch date in the first place?

Ubisoft must have always been aiming to make the game multiplatform though at some stage surely?... So why do this now 2 weeks before the Nintendo launch?

I assumed the Nintendo launch was for a set/agreed timed exclusive. Ubisoft can't have just decided this just now?... so why give the Wii U version a launch date in the first place?

They basically said it could appear on other formats last year, yeah.

Probably thought the hardware sales would of been better up until now.

Probably thought the hardware sales would of been better up until now.

Then they're idiots