NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

Just got and played a few hours...

The game is so pretty, beautiful even. But from the demo and here I just don't love the control of your character. It's just not Mario... Good but not great (maybe it's the shoulder buttons to run, I keep pressing 'B'...).

But as mentioned the added content is staggering!

This game is a real piece of work. Everyone complaining about a lack of killer titles on the Wii U needs to pick this up.

I finished all of the Legend levels yesterday, grabbing all the Teenies and cups on my way through it. The last world isn't good for your eyes at all. With the final level testing your memory, platforming, rhythm and eyesight skills. Felt good to beat it though.

I'm now working my way through the Origins levels, which aren't as much fun as the Legends levels. I have 3 more worlds to do and i'm hoping I can get all 700 Teenies before Zelda arrives.

This game is a real piece of work. Everyone complaining about a lack of killer titles on the Wii U needs to pick this up.

I finished all of the Legend levels yesterday, grabbing all the Teenies and cups on my way through it. The last world isn't good for your eyes at all. With the final level testing your memory, platforming, rhythm and eyesight skills. Felt good to beat it though.

I'm now working my way through the Origins levels, which aren't as much fun as the Legends levels. I have 3 more worlds to do and i'm hoping I can get all 700 Teenies before Zelda arrives.

SImilar feelings, I mean it's a must have game; but the last world really left a sour taste in my mouth, it IS rewarding because it's so hard, but they're not fun at all and feel they're a bit of a cheat to be hard! Shame because the music levels are generally great and I'd love harder versions of them, proper hard not cheat hard.

Is it worth getting all the blue balls? I know you get "someone" for 700 but not sure whether to rush through it, or wait for my friend to come over and give us something to do in co-op.

Just got to whip out some pure skill for the obscured screen music levels. I know what you mean though, I was raging at some parts there. But my god, when you finish them. Glorious.

Just got to whip out some pure skill for the obscured screen music levels. I know what you mean though, I was raging at some parts there. But my god, when you finish them. Glorious.

Exactly. There is a real sense of achievement when you finish those levels. I actually shouted out "YES!" when I done the last one. :D

Just started playing this yesterday and am absolutely loving it.

Had a go at both the weekly and daily challenges before I went to bed, so gonna start adding some of you guys to see how I fair against yous.

Getting this for xmas! :) Looking forward to it.

Was a no brainer to go for the Wii U version. Should have been out only on this console anyway and for the Wii U lad sections.

Getting this for xmas! :) Looking forward to it.

Was a no brainer to go for the Wii U version. Should have been out only on this console anyway and for the Wii U lad sections.

Good man! It is one of my favourite games of the year, across all platforms.

Downloaded this the other day and am playing it through with my girlfriend (massive non-gamer). Basically, I love it and it's one of the best games platform games I've ever played. The variety in levels and puzzles is fantastic and the presentation is second to none. I simply can't put it down! My girlfriend is loving it as well which says a lot as the only previous games she's enjoyed are Wii Sports and Nintendo Land.

Also, I LOVE the fact that Origins is included :D

It's good, it's just not Mario...

tbh phube, I'd be really pissed if this was Mario. I wanted good... if I want Mario I play Mario ;)

I've started to settle into it quite well, on the daily/weekly challenges (possibly my favourite part!) I see other players ghosts, and sometimes wonder how they do what they do - I try different button combo's etc etc, but just can't quite crack it.

Sometimes I love the variety in the levels... Sometimes I dislike it. But thats good, I can play the good levels again and again, and skip the not so fun ones. And I'm sure some of the levels I enjoy others would hate.

its a good little game, glad its in my collection by default because in all honesty, its quite possible I would have over looked this game overwise (the rayman brand isn't a HUGE pull for me).

After lego city I think rayman is my most played game at the moment

DIGITAL FOUNDRY SAYS WII U HAS THE DEFINITIVE NEXT GEN VERSION OF RAYMAN LEGENDS

Rayman Legends has just been re-released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with uncompressed textures, but Digital Foundry believes that the Wii U version of the game is the definitive one. The publication simply says that the game was built from the ground up on the Wii U taking full advantage of the system’s GamePad. Therefore the Wii U delivers the experience that the developers originally intended.

All of which leads us up to an interesting conclusion. Despite the enormous leap in power the new consoles represent, in our opinion it’s the Wii U version of Rayman Legends that remains the definitive edition of the game, with the title taking advantage of the GamePad’s unique features in ways that genuinely add variety and more fun to the gameplay. Let’s not forget that while this game may have been ported to a vast range of different hardware platforms, it started out life as a Wii U exclusive, built around the unique capabilities of the system. Indeed, it’s the Nintendo console that offers the experience that the developers originally intended for the game, before the last-minute switch to a multi-platform release.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/18/digital-foundry-says-wii-u-has-the-definitive-next-gen-version-of-rayman-legends/

I saw him attempting to put down some highscores in the challenges, beat him though :laughing:

I'm also going through this with my girlfriend and it's mad fun and insanely creative as always!

I saw him attempting to put down some highscores in the challenges, beat him though :laughing:

I'm also going through this with my girlfriend and it's mad fun and insanely creative as always!

And me! We are having such a blast playing through it and she isn't really a gamer either, I think this is my favourite Wii U game so far, certainly when played with two or more people :)

@lostmario how you getting on with this? You enjoying it?

Loving it, the fact I got it for £10 amazes me.

Once I've finished the game, going to go back and 100% all the worlds and take the daily/weekly challenges seriously.

Still got the Origins levels to play as well (never got round to buying Origins).

So much content!

Unreleased Beta Levels Concepts

Originally, Ubi Montpellier had planned to include a world which they were calling “Chateau Dracula“, which roughly translates to “Dracula Castle“. As you might assume, these stages were to be set within the realms of a large gothic castle. They spanned the outer gardens, through to its macabre interior, which included a dining room and cellar area. You also would have been able to traverse the rooftops.

One of the team’s visual development artists has shared with us some concept art of these stages. As we understand it, they were never prototyped and sadly, only ever remained as still images. Regardless, they offer a good idea of what the developers had planned, given the implicitly small gap between Legends’ concepts and actual in-game graphics.

Chateau-dracula-03.jpg

Chateau-dracula-04.jpg

Rayman-rooftopa.jpg

Chateau-dracula-coupe_unnouveaudepart3.jpg

Chateau-dracula-02.jpg

Chateau-dracula-05.jpg

Chateau-dracula-06.jpg

During a presentation various members of the development crew gave about Legends’ use of the Ubi Art engine, Michael Ancel briefly discussed the unreleased Dracula-themed locale. The designer gave a few examples of gameplay ideas the team had come up with for it, such as hiding within beams of sunlight from the windows to fend off vampiric bat creatures and using French topiary as platforms in the surrounding courtyard. You can see more images of the concepts in the video below.

On the subject of whether or not these levels would ever see the light of day (pun not intended), Ancel simply said “well, maybe one day”. As of October 2014, Ubisoft has announced no plans for DLC or a sequel containing these concepts. According to one artist who worked on the game we spoke to, time and budget constraints prevented these beta designs from being realised.

http://www.unseen64.net/2014/11/24/rayman-legends-wiiu-beta/

Be sure to check out the link for more information including an abandoned in game currency called "Rubis."

I've had this untouched for a year, looking forward to playing it over December

I've had this untouched for a year, looking forward to playing it over December

You're in for a treat. Greatest platformer in years : peace:

Still waiting for Kung Foot to get a full retail release :laughing:

This is disappointing. I played the demo, and liked it, as expected, but the game's simply not a priority. I'll probably save it for my backlog though. And Kung Football is hilarious.. But.. Apparently this version is not "definitive".

I also didn't think it was necessary to open a new thread (apparently there wasn't a Switch thread), but if someone else feels otherwise..