NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

If you've been following Gaf or popped into our own Wii U thread then you will know all about Ideaman. Anyway, with this trailer being leaked some people have complained about the controller being the same as it was at E3. Ideaman said this...

Yeah, the final one will be wireless! :p

Nah only joking, I know about him (I do follow that thread as well). I think it's clear from this trailer that the tablet's design won't change much at all in its final form though (any changes will be additional features, rather than aesthetic changes)

Edit: Oh shit! I think I might've been right. Gamexplain seems to have caught a glimpse of an extra black strip (IR camera?!?!) on the back of the tablet!

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-740-1335520164-wii-u-controller-mystery-feature.html

1335519849Wii%20U.jpg

1335521890Wii%20U2.jpg

How the hell did I miss that!? It looks like the Wiimote's IR camera!

1335522784Wii%20Highlights.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

BTW, why is it always Ubisoft who end up leaking Nintendo info? They leaked the Circle Pad Pro, the Wii U dev kit stuff, various details about Wii hardware etc.

They're hopeless at keeping secrets :laughing:

Wasn't Red Steel also the first game seen running on Wii? :p I could be wrong though.

Looks interesting, I'm not overly hyped on the figurine thing (though I can see the appeal).

Wasn't Red Steel also the first game seen running on Wii? :p I could be wrong though.

Looks interesting, I'm not overly hyped on the figurine thing (though I can see the appeal).

Yep, that was also leaked prior to the Wii's E3 2006 reveal (showcasing a prototype Wiimote as well that still lacked the speaker)

BTW, just incase people here don't know, there are other additional features that were leaked via patent filings a whiles back.

wiiutabletpatentdiagram2.png

So we know it also features a magnetometer (like the PS Move) and some internal flash memory. I'm guessing that the "Infrared Communication Module" is the IR port on the back here...

Edited by Dcubed

Awesome.

Buying Rayman Origins now.

I love Rayman.

You guys should love Hoodlum Havoc.

I certainly hope that figurine stuff isn't going to be milked to death.

No more plastic for the ocean, please.

Yeah, the final one will be wireless! :p

Nah only joking, I know about him (I do follow that thread as well). I think it's clear from this trailer that the tablet's design won't change much at all in its final form though (any changes will be additional features, rather than aesthetic changes)

Edit: Oh shit! I think I might've been right. Gamexplain seems to have caught a glimpse of an extra black strip (IR camera?!?!) on the back of the tablet!

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-740-1335520164-wii-u-controller-mystery-feature.html

1335519849Wii%20U.jpg

1335521890Wii%20U2.jpg

How the hell did I miss that!? It looks like the Wiimote's IR camera!

1335522784Wii%20Highlights.jpg

Is no one worried by this?

It seems like one of those horrible Nintendo surprises. And there's a little notch that seems to be sticking out as well.

Is no one worried by this?

It seems like one of those horrible Nintendo surprises. And there's a little notch that seems to be sticking out as well.

Why would we be worried by it?

I love the expression on that guys face

This is the best part...

amqqbj.gif

Reminds me of the Rayman Rabbids Wii kids...

2.jpg

Can someone update me to what this Ideaman has been saying about the controller?

Can someone update me to what this Ideaman has been saying about the controller?

He said this.

This is NOT the final & definitive controller. The one used in this trailer isn't the "updated" model.

The video on Nintendo Life's YouTube still hasn't been pulled by Ubi - by choice. Must have an exclusivity deal for the 'leak'.

Talk of this being a WiiU exclusive is out of the question; why would the video mention Exclusive Wii U content!

Talk of this being a WiiU exclusive is out of the question; why would the video mention Exclusive Wii U content!

The whole scanning thing maybe?

The whole scanning thing maybe?

Oh yeah, I'm sure that'll be exclusive. I was talking about whispers on the net from people saying the whole game is a WiiU exclusive - the "Exclusive Wii U Content" slide in the video disproves that thought.

Why would we be worried by it?

In case it's not what everyone is assuming it is.

On reflection though, the connectors between the white box and the lead do look very like the ones that the Wii dev kits originally came with. Quite surprised that Ubi showed the dev kit though, unless this was meant to be at E3 last year?

In case it's not what everyone is assuming it is.

On reflection though, the connectors between the white box and the lead do look very like the ones that the Wii dev kits originally came with. Quite surprised that Ubi showed the dev kit though, unless this was meant to be at E3 last year?

Ubi have commented on the video, see the Wii U thread. Basically it was an in-house piss around of sorts and also why it contains Back To The Future music as well as dev kit mayhem.

Ubi have commented on the video, see the Wii U thread. Basically it was an in-house piss around of sorts and also why it contains Back To The Future music as well as dev kit mayhem.

Oh you're so innocent. You actually believe Ubi when they say that. It's called "covering your arse".