NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

Considering cancelling my pre-order... anyone else in the same boat? Or not too fussed...

I'm.. not fussed at all :heh: How many people bought or would have bought a Wii U for Rayman Legends anyway..?

Then they're idiots

Who's the idiots? Nintendo for making the bloated forecast or Ubisoft for believing them? I know who gets my vote. Nintendo are full of lies. What lessons exactly did they learn from the poor 3DS launch?

Who's the idiots? Nintendo for making the bloated forecast or Ubisoft for believing them? I know who gets my vote. Nintendo are full of lies. What lessons exactly did they learn from the poor 3DS launch?

Both, really.

Miiverse Reactions to "Rayman Legends" Delay

They're not even safe on Miiverse.

Didn't Ubisoft at one point say that they designed teh game so much around the gamepad that it wouldn't work on the other systems hence why it was Wii U only?

That changed pretty quickly.

At the very least they could have released teh Wii U version now and the others later.

September release? Wow.

tumblr_m248ezCZgT1qexd10.gif

Going from a supposed February launch to September is poor from the point of the view of the consumers who have bought a WiiU and were anticipating this game. That's more than half a year longer to wait. If it's ready to be released now, then it should be released as it was planned, then just released for other systems later.

Very disrespectful from Ubisoft to the WiiU owners on this one. This would have been one of the games I would have been purchasing when I eventually pick up the WiiU.

Well...that's a shame *cancels pre-order*.

The worst thing is that it'll probably get swamped by other stronger IP's nearer Christmas like its predecessor did last time.

3D Mario/Mario Kart VS Rayman 2D.

Seems like Ubisoft are the idiots!

Well...that's a shame *cancels pre-order*.

The worst thing is that it'll probably get swamped by other stronger IP's nearer Christmas like its predecessor did last time.

3D Mario/Mario Kart VS Rayman 2D.

Seems like Ubisoft are the idiots!

Yea i completely agree. There is a risk now that bigger titles could swamp it. But to be fair Sept tends to be a quieter month

Yea i completely agree. There is a risk now that bigger titles could swamp it. But to be fair Sept tends to be a quieter month

After E3 and GTA V drops nobody is going to give damn about rayman

Im with the majority in that, i dont care that its not exclusive but delaying it presumeably so they can work on the 360 and PS3 versions is really poor, especially since at that point it will have been a dely of just under a year! I wanted to buy this at launch, i was willing to buy it this month but now, ill probably be buying other games or saving for my second console whenever i decide which one im buying. How long do you reckon before we see a ZombiU port now?

Just remembered Nintendo are publishing this game in Japan as well. That sux for nintendo.

Stop the presses - Ubisoft like money.

Releasing in September when GTA5 is out suggests they dont.

Definitely the same audience right there. Same genre. Same art style. Yeah, real clash.

Definitely the same audience right there. Same genre. Same art style. Yeah, real clash.

I see people keep saying this and I think the hardcore type who buy GTA are the type of hardcore that would buy Rayman. The casual market certainly dont buy Rayman titles unless its full of Rabbids.

Anyway they dont have to be similar for GTA to swallow it whole. The hype alone for GTA is going to pretty much push Rayman to the back of everyones mind.

Worked out great for origins that launched the same week as Assassins Creed and Super Mario Land. Great job :shakehead

Nobody will give a damn about Rayman after E3, let alone when GTA 5 is on the horizon.

More chance selling more copies to wii u owners now than in September.

Origins might as well have been a new IP. It pretty much came out of nowhere and carried on through word of mouth. People are prepared for Legends, sequels always sell better.

But whatever, I'm going to pick it up, I didn't think I'd be able to before today, I don't really care how much it sells.

Origins might as well have been a new IP. It pretty much came out of nowhere and carried on through word of mouth. People are prepared for Legends, sequels always sell better.
Epic Mickey 2 says hi! :p

But whatever, I'm going to pick it up, I didn't think I'd be able to before today, I don't really care how much it sells.

word of mouth or the fact it was discounted heavily shortly after release. Going by miiverse word of mouth isnt good right now and wii u owners will sit this one out.

For me the multi platform isnt the killer. Its the fact that the game is finished and they are delaying it till september.

word of mouth or the fact it was discounted heavily shortly after release..

I bought Origins a few months ago for £9.99 and I still haven't decided whether I enjoyed it at all or not. There's no incentive right now to go back and finish it..

As for Legends, I wasn't buying it before and I won't be buying it in September. The Wii U could be dead by September.. :indeed:

Epic Mickey 2 says hi! :p

This is kind of true but then Epic Mickey 1 was an exclusive whereas, like someone said, Origins is available on everything.

word of mouth or the fact it was discounted heavily shortly after release. Going by miiverse word of mouth isnt good right now and wii u owners will sit this one out.

For me the multi platform isnt the killer. Its the fact that the game is finished and they are delaying it till september.

A split release would cost so much more to market. They'll be saving a boat load of cash simply from having a uniform launch.

And again, they wouldn't undermine PS360 sales from having a Wii U version which would be greatly reduced after being out for 6 months.

GTAV is just one of many factors and there is nothing to say they will be out in the same week just because they are due the same month.