NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

Okay, out of everything shown, Rayman: Legends is what's getting me most excited. Creativity defined.

This was already a pre-order for me anyway. But the wait is going to be a lot harder now.

"In our view, there's absolutely no way to come away from Rayman Legends on Wii U without being completely blown away by the game from top to bottom. Not only are you getting a continuation of the highly-regarded Rayman Origins title, but you're getting some extremely original gameplay twists that are all made possible by the Wii U GamePad. Toss in an audio/visual production that rivals anything we've ever seen in 2D video gaming, and you've got a Wii U title that will likely find its way into a significant number of early-adopter's collections when the system launches this holiday season."

For the full article on Nlife's impressions click the link:http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/first_impressions_rayman_legends

Only thing that worries me is if you really need to play the game co-op with someone else to fully enjoy it. I'm rarely in a position to do that.

You dont. It's a single player game you can play coop, but there are coop specific maps

Happy to see Rayman beating lazy Mario at his own game...

It's funny when you hear "it's good to see there are at least some developers happy to innovate"... and it applying to Ubisoft and not Nintendo. Good for them!

Yeah, I don't know what kind o' sauce they've concocted at Ubisoft, but damn does it make every LOOK and SOUND pretty.

I just finished downloading all the tracks of Rayman Origins, and though there are MANY good tracks hearing this one so early on in the game blew my mind.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That's catchy and so damn original.

They used so many interesting instruments that perfectly suit the wackiness of the Rayman universe.

I still can't believe this one is exclusive though:o

Still have my fingers crossed for an awesome new 3D Rayman experience again.

Have been waiting for it since I found out that the first Rabbid game was going to be all minigames...and then another, and then another. . . .:nono:

GIVE ME MOAR OF THIS:D

ps2_rayman3_01.jpg

I'd had hoped Mario was given to Good-Feel in order for the franchise to receive some of their home brand sauce. I wonder what those guys are up to.

I still can't believe this one is exclusive though:o

Is there any unambiguous and direct confirmation that it is from Ubisoft? If there isn't, I'd just consider it not an exclusive or a timed one at best (for Nintendo). Not so much for gamers on any other platform.

So far, only some levels are Wii U exclusive. Ubisoft are still considering what other platforms to release it on.

I'm still worried how the game will play in single player. It looks good though.

I'm still worried how the game will play in single player. It looks good though.

For a console for "You", it has a strange reliance on local 5-player multiplayer.

The co-op factor still 'worries' me somewhat. They're so complementary about it in the IGN walkthrough, that it really does seem to be the way to play the game, and I'm just not sure how likely I'll be able to play it like that.

I'd hope it would be out by Christmas given it's a launch game! :p If it wasn't then the Wii U would be in even more launch trouble!

*mind you I'm probably not buying the Wii U at launch anyway*

That sure is a lovely box art!

Loving it!

RAYMAN IS BACK BABY!

*mind you I'm probably not buying the Wii U at launch anyway*

I anyone on here absolutely certain they will?

Is it not kind of wrong that the box colour and the tag at the top stands out much more than the game box art?

Screenshots anyone?

8068.jpg

8069.jpg

8070.jpg

8072.jpg

8071.jpg

Looks lovely. Prefer the new character style to the old one, too. With the softer shading and without the hard outlines, the characters look less like stickers plastered onto a painted background and more like part of the background.

But I do wonder if these screens are manufactured. Wasn't the game running in 1280x720 when it was shown at E3?

Screenshots anyone?

8068.jpg

8069.jpg

8070.jpg

8072.jpg

8071.jpg

Looks lovely. Prefer the new character style to the old one, too. With the softer shading and without the hard outlines, the characters look less like stickers plastered onto a painted background and more like part of the background.

But I do wonder if these screens are manufactured. Wasn't the game running in 1280x720 when it was shown at E3?

Why thank you... I know have a new background :D

Pretty sure that's just artwork. If you watch the video I posted above the level doesn't look quite that good/go into as much detail as those.

Pretty sure that's just artwork. If you watch the video I posted above the level doesn't look quite that good/go into as much detail as those.

You mean the ridiculously compressed youtube kind of video? If it wasn't for the 720p footage, going by image quality from that video alone, this might as well be a Wii game tbh. ;)

The variable really is the resolution it'll render at on the Wii U. Everything else? Lot's of great High res art, but nothing out of the ordinary. Except the lightning on 2D characters, but even from the compressed footage is evident that is actually in the running game.

Edited by Burny

I've never once seen the camera in these games go into such 'convienient for desktop wallpaper' positions as in every image you've posted above.