NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Advice on Web Hosting and Domain Names

The story is that I want to take my website to the next level by having my very own domain name along with a totally new design. However, I want to find somewhere that's cheap and reliable that could be able to do both. Any ideas?

It's preferable I can do it all at once but if I can't, does anybody know a site for web hosting and a site for domain names that are cheap?

Thanks.

The story is that I want to take my website to the next level by having my very own domain name along with a totally new design. However, I want to find somewhere that's cheap and reliable that could be able to do both. Any ideas?

It's preferable I can do it all at once but if I can't, does anybody know a site for web hosting and a site for domain names that are cheap?

Thanks.

I use hostpapa.co.uk - you get 1 free domain name renewal with it. Host unlimited domains, PHP 5, 100 MySQL DBs, unlimited bandwidth etc, etc, for £80/year. Been with them about 5 years and hardly had a problem with them. They are based in Canada and they are powered with green energy.

I just park my domains with 123-reg and then Nameserver the domains from there to hostpapa.

Alternatively, try Host Excellence. The basic plan has the same features (as listed in the previous post, although 50 MySQL DBs instead of 100), except its only $3.95/Month (USD).

http://www.hostexcellence.com/

Have you had any problems with these? Have you used them?

Personally I use Namecheap for domain registration.

I've heard good things about AwardSpace's paid hosting. Their most expensive package includes two domains and ASP.net hosting in addition to PHP.

Have you had any problems with these? Have you used them?

Yeah, I've been with them for years. No problems.

I've used quite a few lately.

1and1hosting.co.uk - great prices, runs well for what you're paying, decent control panel but absolutely non-existent customer service. I actually know of a multi-million pound company who run all their websites on a £10/mo package from this site

hostgator.co.uk - probably the best ones I've used lately. Good support through live chat, uses Cpanel. These forums are now running with them. You can trial a month for a single cent if you look around for the code

zehosting.co.uk - they were good, support was fantastic although Canada based so maybe no good for your timezone. also use cpanel but the bandwidth cap was no good for us. After adding extras to accommodate that, the price wasn't worth it.

fasthost.co.uk - we use these for domains at work, support is good, prices reasonable

Sign in to follow this