NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

8k35N.jpeg

(Not sure where to post this so I went for the first Mario game thread I came to...)

How great would it be to be the fish in that tank. :bouncy:

That is freaking amazing!!!

So, at the conference we learn this game is "all about the gold". The trailer obviously shows the same thing.

But what purpose does this serve gameplay wise? Any? Is it just another way to make extra lives even more meaningless than they'd already become? Is it just for visual and audio impact?

I seriously hope there's some kind of substantial reason for it. Requirement for huge amounts of coins to progress...maybe. Tons of unlockable extra content...maybe that too. High score tables? I guess that's maybe good.

I'd rather something better than stuff like that though. :/

I think Wario sounds much more suited to the gold theme, bring on Wario Land 5 (or is it 6?)!

Oooh the Reznor from Mario World is back :-)

The coin thing seems like a bit of a pointless gimmick that will drive our ears crazy after a while, but we'll see if there's a proper reason for it.

The art style is just reused lazyness. Not a fan at all, thank god NSMBU had a bit of originality. Cheap and cheerful game to make some money I guess.

I like the theme tune though, one good thing from NSMBW

Ok so the game IS doing something new then!

Now I'm much more interested. Sounds like it's taking a few pages from Wario Land & Yoshi's Story with the coin collecting stuff :D

Need to see more though...

Annoying that the coin counter does not go beyond 100. Seems stupid in a game with such an emphasis on coin collection, that it resets itself. Hmmm./

Annoying that the coin counter does not go beyond 100. Seems stupid in a game with such an emphasis on coin collection, that it resets itself. Hmmm./

The total coin count probably appears on the bottom screen (top screen counter just counts until you get a life)

I think Wario sounds much more suited to the gold theme, bring on Wario Land 5 (or is it 6?)!

A NEW! Wario Land on 3DS would be so immense.

The goal of the game is also the reason it exists: Money money money.

Box art released (and something interesting in it too!)

NSMB2.jpg

Nintendo Network eh? What's that all about then? :D

Hopefully it means more than "Also available through Nintendo Network" :indeed:

Edited by welsh_gamer

Hopefully it means more than "Also available through Nintendo Network" :indeed:

That wouldn't be on the boxart ;)

Ah man what a sweet looking box! its going to be a bit tougher to choose between retail and digital now. BTW has anything been said about online capabilities?

Maybe Mario has to pay ransom for Peach because Bowser wants to buy a new helicopter?

Maybe you all need to work together online to collect enough coins to save the Mushroom Kingdom from economic crisis! :D

Having Peach getting kidnapped all the time is probably what caused the value of Mushroom Kingdom coins to plummet against the Beanbean coin!

No wonder they're releasing this so soon, it must be one of the cheapest quickest first party Mario titles Nintendo have ever made

Betcha that's a shiny gold box art!

If it is... consider it pre-ordered!

Miiverse comments in this too?!?!

Thats what it'll be as well as mystery items from friends list people.