NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

I'll definitely be going for the 1M coins, and the DLC should be fun. Btw how's coin rush mode for you guys?

A new title screen.....yup, that's it.

All done! ( dunno what's going on with Mario's mouth :heh: )

!! Did you rush through the game or is it ridiculously short?

Seriously!?
:blank:

OK wow you flew through that!

In which case I don't think I'll be buying it; that's just rediculously short/easy!

[not fussed about getting every star coin etc... and definately not 1,000,000 coins now! :p]

It's great fun. Ignore how long it took to get through it. It's a Mario game. It has 60ish levels. Each level takes just a couple of minutes to complete. This is no different to other Mario games. What did you expect?

It's great fun. Ignore how long it took to get through it. It's a Mario game. It has 60ish levels. Each level takes just a couple of minutes to complete. This is no different to other Mario games. What did you expect?
Well yeah exactly, and that's why I've always thought I'd be giving this game a miss; but then peoples positive impressions got me re-thinking. But I can be sure now.

Penélope & Mónica Cruz (dressed as Mario & Luigi) come to your house and perform a striptease? :heh:

I've never been confused, but that'd do it!

Well yeah exactly, and that's why I've always thought I'd be giving this game a miss; but then peoples positive impressions got me re-thinking. But I can be sure now.

A 2D platformer is always going to be a game you can rush through in a few hours...

!! Did you rush through the game or is it ridiculously short?

Not at all. I've collected all the coins and secrets from most of the worlds as they aren't that hard to find. The only thing I blitzed was world 6 and even then I still managed to pick most of the stuff up.

It probably took me 6 hours to do and there's a few secret worlds to play as well. You could probably finish it fully in 10 hours.

A 2D platformer is always going to be a game you can rush through in a few hours...

And so it should be. 2D Mario games are always short and very sweet; it's just good pacing. This game is roughly the same length as SMB3/SMW/NSMB/NSMB Wii: Were they too short now?

Besides, this is a game that you're gonna come back to time and time again (especially with the Coin Rush mode. It's the perfect way to just pick up and play some Mario when you're out and about!)

New Zealand Story, Rainbow Island and Rick Dangerous would say otherwise. :p

But yeah I know what you mean; it's 2D Mario.

So, does this game keep track of how many times you've died, too? If so, I guess I'll be continuing my perfect no-deaths run from SM3DL...

Ah, the trials of a perfectionist... (It's a curse, I tell you!)

Not at all. I've collected all the coins and secrets from most of the worlds as they aren't that hard to find. The only thing I blitzed was world 6 and even then I still managed to pick most of the stuff up.

It probably took me 6 hours to do and there's a few secret worlds to play as well. You could probably finish it fully in 10 hours.

How hard have you found it to find the apparently well hidden things? I love a good secret, but it'd be nice if they were a bit of a challenge.

How hard have you found it to find the apparently well hidden things? I love a good secret, but it'd be nice if they were a bit of a challenge.

Not that hard to be honest. There are one or two that caused a bit of bother, but if you're used to the Mario games then you can see the signs of a secret pretty easily.

Another day, another shiny star. Two down, three to go! :D

photo-5.jpg

I got this one by...

completing Star Road and getting all the Moon Coins.

One of the moon coins took me a while as I just could not find it. I tried for ages last night but was getting tired and frustrated so I knocked it off. I then woke up this morning and found what I was looking for straight away. :D

Not that hard to be honest. There are one or two that caused a bit of bother, but if you're used to the Mario games then you can see the signs of a secret pretty easily.

Another day, another shiny star. Two down, three to go! :D

photo-5.jpg

I got this one by...

completing Star Road and getting all the Moon Coins.

One of the moon coins took me a while as I just could not find it. I tried for ages last night but was getting tired and frustrated so I knocked it off. I then woke up this morning and found what I was looking for straight away. :D

I assume the third star would be 1,000,000 coins?

I assume the third star would be 1,000,000 coins?

From what i've read you get another Star for finding all the secret exits, another for all Star Coins and a final one for having 1100 lives.

From what i've read you get another Star for finding all the secret exits, another for all Star Coins and a final one for having 1100 lives.

Ah fair enough. Think there's still a few exits I've yet to find (only just got to World 6)

Trying to take my time...but it's so addictive

Ah fair enough. Think there's still a few exits I've yet to find (only just got to World 6)

Trying to take my time...but it's so addictive

Same here. Had to force myself to stop at world 4 yesterday for fear of beating the game too quickly! (Along with my usual practice of restarting 2D Mario games on my first time round by erasing the file when I get to World 3)

Coin Rush is hellishly addictive BTW! It's the 2D Mario equivalent of Theathrythm's Chaos Shrine :D

Had to force myself to stop at world 4 yesterday for fear of beating the game too quickly!
Same here. :grin: But I still needed my Mario fix, so I did some more coin rush. My current record is 6938 on the Mushroom Pack.

I also went back and re-played some earlier stages on the main game to try and beat my coin records, got 805 on W1-1.

My overall coin total is currently 0030167.

Coin Rush is hellishly addictive BTW! It's the 2D Mario equivalent of Theathrythm's Chaos Shrine :D
Yeah, I'm loving coin rush. Only thing I'm not too keen on is how the 3 stages you play are random, as some are much better for collecting coins than others.

It would also make more sense for comparing scores with others if everyone had played the exact same set. ::shrug:

Yeah, I'm loving coin rush. Only thing I'm not too keen on is how the 3 stages you play are random, as some are much better for collecting coins than others.

It would also make more sense for comparing scores with others if everyone had played the exact same set. ::shrug:

I think the idea behind that is that you are supposed to accrue lots of different scores from Streetpass with different level sets that you can challenge and you find yourself asking "how the hell did he get those many coins!?". If the level packs were set, you'd end up playing the same stages over and over again and the Streetpass thing would just end up feeling like a typical local leaderboard (in which case, they'd be better off just making it into an online leaderboard)

This way you can discover the best possible combos for earning coins, adds variety for when you're playing in short bursts and keeps things feeling fresh :)

I wonder if this might end up making its way quite quickly to trade-ins, sounds like you guys are blitzing it! I've got like 17 hours on my SM3DL clock, this sounds a bit short compared! Maybe I'll get a good second-hand bargain some time soon ;)

Anyone found the secret stage in World 5 yet? I can see the Airship level but have yet to find a way to access it. :(

I think the idea behind that is that you are supposed to accrue lots of different scores from Streetpass with different level sets that you can challenge and you find yourself asking "how the hell did he get those many coins!?". If the level packs were set, you'd end up playing the same stages over and over again and the Streetpass thing would just end up feeling like a typical local leaderboard (in which case, they'd be better off just making it into an online leaderboard)

This way you can discover the best possible combos for earning coins, adds variety for when you're playing in short bursts and keeps things feeling fresh :)

Ah, of course! You always play the same set of levels when you challenge a record anyway. :blush:

So yeah, it is a good idea to mix things up a bit. :)

I'm still going all coin rush on the main game, it's so addictive. :D

I completely destroyed my record on 1-1, it went from 805 coins to 4492! :awesome:

khTqa.jpg

Anyone beat that? ;)

I reckon I could get to 5000 with a bit of luck.

This "get loads of coins" gameplay mechanic is awesome. I was always expecting it to be fun, but didn't realise it would be this much fun. :)

How the hell did you manage that? There aren't that many coins in the level...

I got these messages

maz-1.jpg

maz3.jpg

Which netted me this!

mas.jpg

Now to just get another 700+ lives. :(

For those interested in the games length i've just had a look at my activity log and it took me 11:08 to finish the game, get all the coins and find the exits.

I got these messages

maz-1.jpg

maz3.jpg

Which netted me this!

mas.jpg

Now to just get another 700+ lives. :(

For those interested in the games length i've just had a look at my activity log and it took me 11:08 to finish the game, get all the coins and find the exits.

Odd, I've done all the levels, including each of the Rainbow ones, and not got that