NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

Got it :D

Almost didn't though. Weather is so bad that ShopTo's packet was drenched. Moved it and the game literally tore through it and fell out

Whoa, was thinking about downloading this through the eShop, but 39.99 is a whopping price for a 30 quid game, that price point has totally extinguished my hopes of getting the game. Didn't Nintendo also say they were going to sell this game via digital codes from retailers, maybe that would be cheaper. Anyone know if this is going to happen any time soon? Don't want cartridges any more, they are the past. Embrace the Future.

I wasn't going to get this, but you guys are somewhat making me want it. I really really really don't want to make an actual retail sale out of it, so if anyone gets bored I'll buy your copy :p

Hahaha!...

Luigi going back for those 2 coins on the title screen!

:heh:

Love it. :laughing:

Just blasted through world 1 and had a brief go at coin rush mode too, I think coin rush is going to be a lot of fun... ;)

The use of the 3D slider is also quite interesting and probably the coolest use of it since Excitebike 3D Classics (though I think the bokeh depth of field is a bit overdone on the highest setting)
I agree, very cool indeed.

The effect is OTT at the maximum setting, pretty sure it's just so they can really show it off. :awesome:

But yeah, so far so good. It's appears to be the same old Mario on the surface, but there also seems to be quite a lot of new stuff here too. And DLC is gonna be interesting. :)

One thing I just can't get over is how badly Nintendo have (or will, I should say :heh:) launched their DD service though, it's almost unbelievable. :blank:

I mean, I paid £30 for this game, got it 2 days before the release date, in a lovely special edition yellow 3DS case (complete with inlay artwork), and I have the option to trade/sell it in the future should I want.

But if I were to get it as a digital download, I'd be forfeiting all of that and paying 40 quid for the privilege! :o

W...T...F? ::shrug:

I understand they don't want to step on the toes of retailers so why bother with download versions at all then? What disappoints me more is what I was hoping from the WiiU. If games are going to be priced like this then they can count me out of DD versions.

They obviously expected this reaction and are offering double stars as some sort of compensation but double stars is not £10 worth of stars.

Yahoooooooooooooooo!

mazza.jpg

I had a play on the game during my break and so far, so Mario. I mean that in a good way of course. I blitzed the first world, gaining all the Star Coins in the process, I didn't find the secret exits though. :( Roll on 4pm so I can get back to this!

The secret areas and even some Star Coins are extremely well hidden in this game

Does anyone know if there is any penalty for dying too much like in Mario 3D Land? I like my perfect files. :D

EDIT: A quick look around and it seems there is a penalty. You can get 5 stars but they may not be shiny, much like Mario 3D.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Yup, lose five lives in the same place then you get a visit from:

403px-InvincibilityleafNSMB2.png

through an assist block.

btw @RedShell how are the controls for you?

Has there been any news of when download codes will be available in shops? I'd really like to get this game digital, but £40 is too much.

If games are going to be priced like this then they can count me out of DD versions.
Same here.

While I never expected DD retail titles to be cheaper than the physical copy, I do think they should at least match the cheapest available in-store/online price, which in this case (and most cases) is around £30.

But considering that you also have to cover the cost of storage space yourself, and give up the ability to sell the game, ideally it should cost slightly less to download. £25 would be spot-on, imo.

btw RedShell how are the controls for you?
Yeah, first thing I did was switch around the controls for dash/jump, but I'm using Y/X instead of B/A, as I prefer the higher position of those buttons.

It's funny though, because I'm almost having to get used to B/A again after having spent so much time playing 3DLand with Y/B. :heh:

Anyway, the game plays great. Nice and responsive. :smile:

The secret areas and even some Star Coins are extremely well hidden in this game

But...have you found them?

Is this out in shops?

Nope, releases this Friday. Shopto dispatches early.

Am loving this game, but finding it hard to put down...which means it won't last too long :(

Don't know if I'll go for the 1,000,000 though. In World 5 and only have 27,000

Am loving this game, but finding it hard to put down...which means it won't last too long :(

Yeah, that amount is insane. On world 6 now,got every Star Coin so far but i'm still missing one or 2 secret exits.

DLC stages should help with that hopefully.

What happens when you get 1,000,000?
Penélope & Mónica Cruz (dressed as Mario & Luigi) come to your house and perform a striptease? :heh:

Penélope & Mónica Cruz (dressed as Mario & Luigi) come to your house and perform a striptease? :heh:
Annnnnnnd Sold.

Apparently it is a

Change in the title screen

A new title screen.....yup, that's it.

All done! ( dunno what's going on with Mario's mouth :heh: )

mazza-9.jpg

maz8.jpg

The last castle is awesome! One of the sections in it is so well done and the arrival of last boss brought back a few memories. :bowdown::wink:

Now to clean up the remaining Star Coins but that can wait till tomorrow. I think i've played enough. :D

Apparently it is a

Change in the title screen

Seriously!?
:blank:

A new title screen.....yup, that's it.

All done! ( dunno what's going on with Mario's mouth :heh: )

mazza-9.jpg

maz8.jpg

The last castle is awesome! One of the sections in it is so well done and the arrival of last boss brought back a few memories. :bowdown::wink:

Now to clean up the remaining Star Coins but that can wait till tomorrow. I think i've played enough. :D

OK wow you flew through that!

In which case I don't think I'll be buying it; that's just rediculously short/easy!

[not fussed about getting every star coin etc... and definately not 1,000,000 coins now! :p]

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost