NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

Ah, any game with Koopalings in them has a free pass to the top of my Most Wanted-list! Niceness!

I just wonder: why is there still a time limit? I understand the original Mario had them, and they used that template for MSB3 and SMW, but c'mon it's freaking 2012. Do we still need timelimits for the sake of it? SMW2 and the 3D-Mario's ditched them for a reason, so why still use such a archaic mechanism? It looks like the emphasis on NSMB2 will be more on exploration, so why limit that freedom?

Ah, any game with Koopalings in them has a free pass to the top of my Most Wanted-list! Niceness!

I just wonder: why is there still a time limit? I understand the original Mario had them, and they used that template for MSB3 and SMW, but c'mon it's freaking 2012. Do we still need timelimits for the sake of it? SMW2 and the 3D-Mario's ditched them for a reason, so why still use such a archaic mechanism? It looks like the emphasis on NSMB2 will be more on exploration, so why limit that freedom?

Tradition mostly

I imagine it has something to do with a recent interview Miyamoto had about Pikmin 3 where he basically said he enjoys the added pressure of having a time limit in place..

“I personally am the kind of person that likes those sort of timer-based challenges. When you first play it, you’re kind of nervous or feel pressured by the time. And, gradually, as you go back in and try it again, you seem to get calmer and are able to think more thoughtfully and work your way through a little bit better. With Pikmin 2 the development team tried to create that game with a lot of freedom. This time, I am more forcefully sharing my opinion.”

Shigeru Miyamoto

7499021946_d9ffe43af0_z.jpg

Does that mean that Luigi gets a cheapo downgraded coin when he hits something?

Poor Luigi, never before has it been so clearly stated who's the second best of them brothers o_O

it's just a cartridge case for a single game, you don't need it. btw NSMB2 has already been priced at $39.99 on the eShop.

That's true. But then I guess it's no different to buying a limited edition version of a game.

I'm not completely sold on digital downloads on it yet especially when they're as expensive as the retail version. And I guess I sort of enjoy having the cartridges and cases too.

Haha, now I'm tempted but I was going to go DD :( I think it's pretty cool.

$39.99 is about standard for US retail prices right? Hope they confirm ours soon, probably won't go higher than £29.99 but I have a feeling it might be £35 - £40 :( Unless Shopto sells instant cards cheap :)

Luigi being silver is...interesting, though I guess expected. If only they'd mario silver and worth less then you unlock luigi who has all the gold stuff and makes it all worth it?

Well, as stated, tradition, plus the fact it works into the bonus/score on the gold rush challenges. As a kid I did sometimes manage to push time limits, will be interesting to see if that's a case in this. SM3DL did quite a nice sort of job of this with its 'timed' levels too.

$39.99 is about standard for US retail prices right? Hope they confirm ours soon, probably won't go higher than £29.99 but I have a feeling it might be £35 - £40 :( Unless Shopto sells instant cards cheap :)

The game is £29.99 on Shopto, so I wouldn't pay any higher for a digital release.

Haha, now I'm tempted but I was going to go DD :( I think it's pretty cool.

Nintendo have already laid out their plans for DD of retail titles. They'll sell on the eShop for their full RRP, but B&M retailers will carry download cards that they are free to set for whatever price they want (unlike your normal PSN/XBLA cards, where the price is set in stone).

The idea is that you are encouraged to buy your DD cards from retail, who will sell it for a cheaper price than the physical copy.

can someone correct me if I am wrong but where is the accounts?

Why would anyone download NSMB2 when it is not tied to any account?

can someone correct me if I am wrong but where is the accounts?

Why would anyone download NSMB2 when it is not tied to any account?

Your...eShop account?

I might give the download option a go, what's the biggest SD card the 3DS can handle?

The 3DS can use any SDHC card. The maximum capacity at the moment is 32gb.

Your...eShop account?

The current eshop account will be no good if you lose your 3DS.

I know this for a fact as my bro lost his 3DS. Called Nintendo and asked what's the deal with re-downloading games bought on previous machine. Nintendo said all have to be bought again!

Until ninty create real accounts which gives the consumer more rights I will never download any retail game.

I know this for a fact as my bro lost his 3DS. Called Nintendo and asked what's the deal with re-downloading games bought on previous machine. Nintendo said all have to be bought again!

Until ninty create real accounts which gives the consumer more rights I will never download any retail game.

Ah, of this I was not aware! What about eShop accounts linked to Club Nintendo accounts(which I was thinking had to be done)?

So if I want to buy a 3DS XL I'll have to buy all the eShop games again unless they're on an SD card?

So if I want to buy a 3DS XL I'll have to buy all the eShop games again unless they're on an SD card?

even if they are on a SD card your screwed as the games are tied to the console and not the account.

you will have to do a system transfer so if your planning to trade in old 3DS wait till you have transferred everything over.

Ah, of this I was not aware! What about eShop accounts linked to Club Nintendo accounts(which I was thinking had to be done)?

my bro linked it to club nintendo account. Nintendo still not having it, loses his games unless he re-purchases them.

7499021946_d9ffe43af0_z.jpg

Does that mean that Luigi gets a cheapo downgraded coin when he hits something?

Seems like they choose to power-up the brothers in a different way. It looks like the leaf turns Luigi into a fox and not a racoon.:smile: