NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Dishonored

It's been talked about for for a long while, now it's been revealed, and it looks incredible!

You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with neo-industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you, abilities beyond those of any common man – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.

http://www.dishonored.com/

I know it's a CG trailer, but if it delivers even half of what that trailer shows, it'll be amazing. I absolutely love the art direction too, Harvey Smith's (Deus Ex, Thief) and Viktor Antonov's (Half-Life 2) influence is very clear. To me, it looks like a blend of Bioshock and Assassin's Creed (with Thief and Half-Life 2 influences, obviously), which is fine by me!

I eagerly await more, what do you all think?

The first bit I was completely disinterested. When I saw the city, it completely changed my mind.

That

Looks

Fucking

Amazing.

I want it now! The art style, setting and the gameplay seems like a wonderful blend of Bioshock, Half-Life, Assassin's Creed and Thief. I'm already in love. If they make the city relatively free-roaming (unlike HL2) then I'll pre-order half a dozen copies right now.

EDIT: According to the official website Half-Life 2's art director, Viktor Antonov, holds the same position here. Which was pretty obvious...

Edited by The fish

This looks incredible easily my most anticipated game of E3 after this. Hope we see more gameplay come out of E3.

Upon second viewing that does look damn intriguing. Were it not for the tagline 'Revenge solves everything' I'd say the best gameplay trailer I've seen this year.

What better way to ruin a masterpiece than adding first-person melee

Sooooo anyone following this at all?

I haven't been, but I know Destructoid is all over it though. I just watched the gameplay trailer that is on steam and god damn if I was drunker I'd have bought it on music choice alone....

Necrobump for info a go!

I wouldn't say I have been following it per se - in fact, I know refreshingly little about it - but I am looking forward to it.

If this and the new Hitman turn out to be good, it'll be a good fall/winter for stealth games!

Stealth could make this year exciting, what with people pretending Borderlands 2 is more than simple repackaging and all.

Pre-ordered and paid for my copy today, £34.99. I cant wait to get stuck in.

It's out this month - it's probably a bit late to pre-order, if anything.

I have just seen this game and while it has me intrigued, I don't know if it'll be my kind of game. I'll wait for it to drop in price.

For some reason I was thinking it wasn't due until towards the end of next year.

I know what you mean. This was also a surprise for me to learn.

I just read a review giving it 9/10. It sounds good and I forgot that I actually enjoyed Deus Ex: HR, so I might actually enjoy this game. I have put it on my wish list on Amazon.co.uk (I couldn't find it by searching for it, though, which was quite weird).

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/48821/Dishonored/ This is the review I read.

I just read a review giving it 9/10. It sounds good and I forgot that I actually enjoyed Deus Ex: HR, so I might actually enjoy this game. I have put it on my wish list on Amazon.co.uk (I couldn't find it by searching for it, though, which was quite weird).

I just had the same issue. I only headed to amazon to see the release date and it doesn't come up for either spelling via search, bit odd! Instead it offered me Bioshock Infinite.

Just played a decent portion of the start of this. Well....if you like freedom to murder or subdue and decidedly Bioshock gameplay go buy this game. It's good. Good enough I'm awake now and I have to leave for work in 4 and a half hours.

Mind you, it is an ugly game. Good aesthetic but bad textures. Obvious port to PC in those regards. Load times are amazingly fast though. Which is good, I was loading a lot.

Edited by Nolan

Ordered this today on a whim. Not even seen the videos and only just skimmed through one review. I can honestly say I know absolutely nothing about this game.

Am liking this so far - it's ugly as sin, as someone else already mentioned, but the gameplay falls somewhere between Fallout and Bioshock which isn't a bad thing at all. Only played for a couple of hours so not really done much in it yet.

I think it feels more like Thief crossed with Deus Ex, but I guess it depends on how you play it.

I don't understand the comments that the game looks bad visually?... the trailers and videos seem to suggest it looks pretty good. Is that just not really the case throughout the games duration.

I'm kinda interested in this game, but I'd only really want to play through it in the stealth approach as the violence in this game is a bit in your face/over the top I think.