NEurope
Murr

007 Legends

New 007 James Bond game coming this autumn

007 Legends, a new game from Eurocom which promises to tie together six Bond movies, will be released this autumn for Xbox 360 and PS3, Activision has announced.

007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together six Bond movies, concluding with this year's 23rd instalment, Skyfall.

Players will be equipped with state-of-the-art spy gadgets, an arsenal of weapons, including Bond's signature Walther PPK, and sleek vehicles as they jet off to exotic locations around the world to take down notorious villains and mingle with gorgeous Bond girls.

"To honour 50 years of the world's top secret agent, 007 Legends offers a collection of his most famed moments in the smartest and most treacherous Bond game yet," said David Oxford, executive vice president at Activision Publishing, Inc. "Creating a video game storyline that ties together six popular, yet very different, Bond movie narratives can be challenging, but together with EON Productions, our developer Eurocom, has pulled it off to create an homage that we think will be a unique and highly entertaining Bond video game."

Complimenting the main story is the return of single-player Mi6 Ops Mission, first seen in GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, and challenges players to complete extra missions competing for the highest score on the leaderboard. Players will be able to complete the missions as Bond or some of his most famous foes.

Then comes multiplayer, offering four-player split-screen and online play across a series of new maps derived from Bond's 50-year legacy.

VideoGamer.com Analysis

Besides Skyfall, Activision hasn't revealed which other five films will be featured in Legends. Which films would you like to see appear in the game?

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/007_legends/news/new_007_james_bond_game_coming_this_autumn.html

Activision will mark both James Bond's 50th Anniversary and the release of new flick Skyfall with 007 Legends.

The game will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 this autumn and features a brand new, overarching plot. The action will tie six classic Bond films together, including the upcoming 23rd big screen adventure Skyfall.

007 Legends is currently in development at Eurocom, the studio behind 2010's Goldeneye 007 for Wii and last year's Xbox 360 and PS3 follow-up Goldeneye 007: Reloaded.

Activision promises that the game will encompass everything Bond is known for, from high-tech gadgets and weapons to car chases and exotic locations.

In addition to the main storyline, the game will also feature MI6 Ops Missions. These extra challenges debuted in Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and are reminiscent of Call of Duty's Spec Ops missions. Some of the MI6 Ops will recreate classic Bond scenes, putting players in the role of classic baddies.

Four-player multiplayer will also return, as will a wealth of online multiplayer modes. Again, these will dip into the entire 50-year history of the James Bond movies, recreating fan favourite weapons and locations.

Source - http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/james-bond-returns-in-007-legends/094628

Six classic Bond films? Does that mean one each for Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig?

(which would mean that OHMSS would certainly get some levels)

Rubbish because it's not comeing out on Nintendo Wii U so Nintendo Fans get nothing then but It's on PS3 and Xbox 360 thanks

Rubbish because it's not comeing out on Nintendo Wii U so Nintendo Fans get nothing then but It's on PS3 and Xbox 360 thanks

Just continuing the current cycle of the current Wii missing out on games then...

Just continuing the current cycle of the current Wii missing out on games then...

Well if it is not comeing I wont be buying it and it might be because of the NDA that Nintendo has got on Nintendo Wii U

You do know that you are in the 'Other consoles" thread?

On topic: the last few Bond games were quite disappointing for me so I don't hold high expectations. Although the idea of using several films seems promising.

Known about this for ages, my mates one of the actors for it. For all the mo-cap stuff. Sould be interesting

@canand, you don't know it wont come out on Wii U. Same way there was no news of Goldeneye 007 coming out for 360/PS3.

Wii U might get '007 Legends: Reloaded'.

I enjoyed Goldeneye: Reloaded. It was the best of a bad bunch of recent Bond games. However it did have quite a few flaws and if this carries over I won't be getting it.

I guess I was one of the minority that actually enjoyed all of this generations 007 Games (Solace, Bloodstone, Goldeneye... Not played reloaded though)

But this sounds like it could be pretty awesome combining 6 films, guess we can assume that Goldeneye and Quantum of Solace won't be featured in the game.

What films could be featured then? The Brosnan films have mostly been done as have Daniel Craigs. Connery possibly Goldfinger. OHMSS maybe. Moore..pff god knows. One of the ones with Jaws maybe The Spy Who Loved Me. Dalton, well I can never remember the difference between his two films.

Dalton, well I can never remember the difference between his two films.

The first was almost good, but ended up being a bit dull. The second was almost good, but ended up being needlessly violent, just because they could.

Maybe levels based around...

You Only Live Twice - The volcano base and the iconic fire fight that takes place there.

Moonraker - Space station level.

It does sound interesting, but from the previous Bond games i'm not holding out for much. I'll reserve my judgement for when i either see it, or play it.

Potentially, this has the makings to be interesting though. I would agree with the two choices above that Retro mentioned.

We know the Lazenby movie, could be a mission based in the ski mountains that Blofield hides in, possible.

Dalton movie/level. I was thinking License to Kill, with a level based in the drug factory at the end of the movie.

Brosnan. Well, we've had Goldeneye remade so i don't expect this to be chosen. Maybe base it on Tomorrow Never Dies with Brosnans escape from the tower and the bike chase in the streets.

Yep, Dalton also has that film based around the ski resort, with the ice dancer, which has a decent snow chase... but the factory under that buddist retreat type place could make for a good one.

I thought about that Tower/Street scene from Tomorrow Never Dies too.

The only other alternatives could be a level based on that Stealth Boat at the end of the movie... or possibly the Ice Hotel/Eden Gardens from Die Another Day... but lets hope they steer clear of that movie!

Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough have had games so I wouldn't expect to see them. Screw Die Another Day. I just hope that Eurocom make the guns a bit 'meatier' and less like pea shooters of varying size.

Yep, Dalton also has that film based around the ski resort, with the ice dancer, which has a decent snow chase... but the factory under that buddist retreat type place could make for a good one.

I thought about that Tower/Street scene from Tomorrow Never Dies too.

The only other alternatives could be a level based on that Stealth Boat at the end of the movie... or possibly the Ice Hotel/Eden Gardens from Die Another Day... but lets hope they steer clear of that movie!

I'm thinking size-wise, the Stealth Boat probably wouldn't make a good singleplayer level. But it would make for a good multiplayer level though.

Send these ideas to Activision, see what they say.

I'd love a really well made version of the London/London Underground/Themes chase scene from The World Is Not Enough.

Moonraker - Space station level.

Yep, the first movie around which this is based has been revealed...

Gameplay/Graphics wise it looks to be just like Goldeneye 007.

I played that on the Wii with the awesome Wii-mote controls, so I don't know if it will be quite as enjoyable with a standard pad, but it was a fantastic game, so definately interested in this.

Edited by Retro_Link

15 seconds in and it's destroyed all my hopes for this game. So it's not a celebration of all the Bond's as the name suggests, just random parts of films re-imagined in modern times with Daniel Craig.

That has to go down as one of the worst trailers ever.

Oh dear

I was hoping for something different, but not re-imagined again like Goldeneye. Not saying Goldeneye isn't a bad game, i just don't think this game would suit the re-imagining feel that Goldeneye had. That worked, this probably won't.

I'd guess they're using the same engine they used for Reloaded. Shame really. So we can probably expect the guns to still sound like pea shooters and the online mutliplayer to be a lag ridden mess of shite.