NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 14 : Fate of the Omni-Verse

I get the impression that smeagol's roleblock has some other factor to it, maybe boosting his target on the next night? cancelling certain powers e.t.c?

He says he had another option last night and I can't see him having two seperate powers?! It would also explain why he targetted himself??

Also i'm likely to be far more active in the week than at the weekend, as i'm always much busier at the weekends only glancing at the thread on my phone.

My power isn't terribly interesting, so until more info surfaces and more discussion is sparked, I'm afraid I don't have much to offer besides speculations which at this point are still very ... well, speculative.

It would also explain why he targetted himself??

But he didn't...

To be honest I don't see anything immediately suspicious about Sméagol or his power. It's quite common to have a "target someone for X effect or don't target anyone for Y effect", like for instance protecting yourself when not targetting others. He claimed he wouldn't target anyone and kept his word. Of course, we still can't confirm anything about his power(s), and his openness could just as well be a proactive attempt at gaining trust, so we really can't say anything either way yet.

This doesn't seem to be the most information-heavy game, at least not yet. If things don't change soon, it would seem we need to work more on gut feelings and "scummy behaviour".

Cube?

I targeted myselfQUOTE]

He says he targetted himself.. EEvil questions him, then he says.. "Well, I already said I wouldn't (and didn’t) roleblock, I had an other option this night. I wasn't technically targeting myself, so EEVIL’s result is correct".

So he's completely contradicted himself there? i'm just trying to reason whats going on?

He could have odd and even night powers? but my main concern is why lie?

Bluddy quotes

Dannyboy has already explained a possibility - not targeting someone could give him a "protect self" power or something.

I don't find anything all that suspicious about it all - just a mix-up of words.

Hence my thanking his post.

My reply was more aimed at your short sweet informative number :)

No worries Smeagol. I was happy with Dannyboys explaination. I'd just never come across a role like that in my limited experience of mafia, and so questioned it.

My second post was to expain my reasoning for posting in the first place seeing as cube had to chip in with that.

I'm only inactive because i've got nothing to add from my investigations so far.

I'll be back later, once i've caught up with the action as it were.

I think what Smeagol is saying is that in lieu of sending in a "no target", he can choose an action that effectively does nothing. Similar to how I could choose to either lie detect or "drink coffee" (do nothing) in the Phoenix Wright mafia game. A bit suspicious of everyone who's jumping on it, he did pretty much reveal everything about himself at the beginning.

Well, as we are discussing Smeagol....He probably has nothing to do with, but I got redirected from Smeagol to Eddiecoleslaw. The pm does not indicate in any way why or by whom but it's worth mentioning I think while he's the main interest.

In a possible unrelated event, my power was negatively altered for the following night.

@ReZourceman, tag the inactives! I've had a busy weekend but here I am now(at work, lol). I don't have anything, but I'm not sure I entirely understand this Smeagol situation; Does he have two powers? Or one mild/irrelevant power that gets used when he opts not to roleblock? It's hardly anything, as lying about targetting oneself when someone knows they targetted no one is hardly an issue, but I'd just like to make sure I understand properly.

Well, as we are discussing Smeagol....He probably has nothing to do with, but I got redirected from Smeagol to Eddiecoleslaw. The pm does not indicate in any way why or by whom but it's worth mentioning I think while he's the main interest.

In a possible unrelated event, my power was negatively altered for the following night.

Anyone got any explanations on this?

Wasn't me. I'd say it was the fault of the redirector, maybe.

Right, I need to apologise for my inactivity (in both this and the other game, but that one is currently night so I can't write in there. I've been away all weekend without the net - I thought I would be able to get online while I was away, at least on my phone, but that wasn't the case thanks to a series of unfortunate events. I'm really sorry for my inactivity everywhere over the last few days. I'm back now and will be fully involved in both games once again.

As for last night, I luckily sent in an action before I left just in case, but I have nothing useful right now.

Welcome back Dohnut. Guess you’re one of the new Pokémon? ;)

Nope, that’s not a result from anything I’ve done / do. Can you ( / do you want to) say what the negative effect was? Then again, I assume that will reveal your power, so no problem if you don’t want to.

[..]

as lying about targetting oneself when someone knows they targetted no one

[..]

<sigh>

I’ve decided on my target I think.

So, apart from this pointless thing about Sméagol...do we have anything?

To elaborate:

The only thing that looks like it could cause a redirection is the vortex in my opinion.

Also, Dohnut..

This doesn’t happen to be you huh?

[..]

A blue, cream and red Pokémon followed a grey and white Pokémon as they entered some information into a device.

[..]

Well I will say that I was dragged underground last night and I don't think whoever is doing it is evil. The accusation against Sméagol is nonsense btw.

Edit: ^^ good call Sméagol :p

If he is it’s a matter of figuring out if Mewtwo is actually the mafia side or the townie side, as ReZ likes to switch them around :rolleyes:. So if he is.. Then still nothing ;).

If you're talking about the grey and white pokémon, it's me. I claimed in the last day phase.

Two similar Pokémon converged quite close to each other. A black swirling vortex appeared around one, whilst beeps were heard from inside the vortex.

A green, yellow and cream Pokémon firmly stood its ground as a raging storm encompassed it! Four Pokémon visited the stormy at different times.

A blue, cream and red Pokémon watched closely as a yellow and red Pokémon darted passed it.

A very large shadow was cast over a grey and white Pokémon, who was working hard with its device.

Elsewhere a small orange Pokémon was watching intensely as a black, indigo, yellow and grey Pokémon found a safe piece of ground to rest.

DAY FOUR

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@mr\-paul

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Sméagol

@Tales

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

17 players, majority is 9.

Edited by ReZourceman