NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 14 : Fate of the Omni-Verse

Obviously we would have eventually lost even without the unlynchable mafia thing - we would have struggled for a few more days.

Despite not knowing the town roles? :p

Well, I thought my role was overpowered (even with the negative effect), but heroic's power was the same as mine, with no negative effect plus the ability to read PMs.

Well, we did "lynch" one of them.

Well yeah, but too late :heh: If our fellow mafiosos hadn't voted, you wouldn't reach majority, either way. DuD's hypnosis doesn't stop your original vote, it just adds a new one.

I only see you pointing out what was already visible. The only reason I wasn't voting was due to Jonnas' invisible redirection power (on top of his unlynchable, undetectable, unstoppable and unblockable powers).

(I also shouldn't have received the information which "cleared" Jonnas from being the killer, but ReZ told me to use it anyway)

First of all, it wasn't unstoppable at all. Diageo managed to protect Yvonne, at one point. Boy, was I pissed, turns out ReZ meant I could kill unkillable townies (or something), and protectors could still prevent my kill.

Second, I wasn't undetectable, either, because my "mirror armour" only worked if I wasn't killing. I was surprised when I saw your result, considering you should've gotten accurate info on me. That must've been ReZ's mistake.

Despite not knowing the town roles? :p

Towns play was very sloppy to be honest. It was a good match, and it wasn't diabolical play at all, but town could have done a lot more. And obviously, town lynched two of their own pretty much all by themselves. Anyway, I have very little time at the moment so I will comment further soon.

We know a good deal of them, and while they're fine, they pale compared to the powers of the mafia. Mine in particular felt rather useless. :heh:

I'm not denying we could have played better, I'm just saying we were up against tough competition with not much to go on.

Whereas I think you had plenty if the town had actually tried to work it out by combining knowledge. The town's problem was they either did nothing or tried to work it out from their own information alone. Nothing stopped you from posting lists of people who weren't the killer that night he was revealed. No one even followed up on it.

I put very little effort in. So I didn't expect to win. But I enjoyed being basically invincible.

I put very little effort in. So I didn't expect to win. But I enjoyed being basically invincible.

The mafia's main killer could kill you.

He could not. Did you not read what Jonnas said. They found out the hard way.

I feel I would've been more useful to the town had I not been roleblocked nearly every bloody night. I thought Jonnas was mafia all the way through but could never Target him due to being roleblocked or redirected. I also died having voted for nintendohnut in the day phase :(

I could alignment check only every other night but I was only ever able to reach yvonne - which was lucky because he started out as very suspicious!

I roleblocked the peeps a few times and got away with it. I claimed to have been redirected when there was blatently no other redirector and the town bought it? lol

Also smeagol died early on and was a confirmed townie roleblocker, yet no-one called me out when my power was revealed?!

I think telling you all not to lynch Jimbob knowing full well you'd ignore me helped me look town though :D playyyyyyed :p

I can't help but feel the mafia was a bit overpowered.

A little bit?! They were pimped to the max.

Maybe it was on an odd night that they tried it. I can't be bothered to check.

On even night phases, if Cybernetic Mewtwo performs the mafias kill, he will bypass the targets defensive powers and will roleblock anyone targeting the player.

Unless you're the magical exception, ReZ?

I did read what he said:

First of all, it wasn't unstoppable at all. Diageo managed to protect Yvonne, at one point. Boy, was I pissed, turns out ReZ meant I could kill unkillable townies (or something), and protectors could still prevent my kill.

If you protected someone else, they would be saved. If he used his power to kill you, then Jonnas would successfully kill you.

Diageo pretty much protected himself by the look/sound of things. Selfish, but he survived. And lost. But survived.

Diageo pretty much protected himself by the look/sound of things. Selfish, but he survived. And lost. But survived.

No he didn't :p

197.gif

Diageo is dead. He was Umbreon, with his dark vortex he could protect players, but enhance negative affects.

Always gracious in victory I see. :p

I wasn't paying attention so I didn't know who to protect. I did however prevent a kill from happening on me and Yvonne from the sound of things.

Everyone is dead lol.

To explain the kill that didn't happen that time and the mafia were shocked - Diageo protected the target, Jonnas roleblocked everyone targeting it....but then Diageo is immune to roleblockers.

I did read what he said:

If you protected someone else, they would be saved. If he used his power to kill you, then Jonnas would successfully kill you.

I know, but I mostly protected myself. That's why I was basically invincible and not actually invincible.

Well as you showed by protecting Yvonne, you were the only person who could protect from Jonnas' kills when they were apparently 'unstoppable'. But you only protected yourself. I'm not being ungracious, I'm just saying that protecting yourself was a bit selfish because you could've saved a lot of people potentially, and messed us up massively.

Well as you showed by protecting Yvonne, you were the only person who could protect from Jonnas' kills when they were apparently 'unstoppable'. But you only protected yourself. I'm not being ungracious, I'm just saying that protecting yourself was a bit selfish because you could've saved a lot of people potentially, and messed us up massively.

Messed up massively? I think that stopping at least two kills while I wasn't even paying proper attention contradicts that statement.

Well no, because we still won. Just think of what you could've done if you HAD been paying attention!

Well excuse me.for having four assignments due and having to study for exams.

Dude chill! I'm not criticising you for having things going on IRL, I personally know as well as anyone what that's like as I'm sure you remember. However, you could've picked some targets at random and potentially saved a couple of extra people, which would have totally changed the game. I know protecting yourself guaranteed survival, but in the grand scheme of things it helped us I think, just because we were less likely to be blocked.

Well, he did block you twice. That's pretty good considering the job of a protector is often guesswork. Plus if he hadn't he'd've been dead the first time and thus rendered useless.

Random guesswork would have been much worse than what I did.