NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 14 : Fate of the Omni-Verse

Also to Eddie, not voting for Smeagol is not a defense. I would have voted for him myself if I had not missed the day, as I felt he was incredibly scummy(was reading the day and ready to vote, when I saw it was concluded), in hindsight it would have been the wrong decision, but at the time I would have cast my vote with no doubt in it. It could be a classic mafia tactic to not vote, hoping to not draw attention to one's self, and saving it for later in the day under some sort of pretense, then solidifying the vote if it wasn't going through.

I do still want to hear from @heroicjanitor, just if we know what he does, or at least thoughts/comments/a post.

@EEVILMURRAY @Cube @Jonnas

Which of you has the double vote btw?

I don't care for this and I'm unsure whether we really need to know. Then again, I'm more in favour of you than Eddie, and so I wonder if it could be a mafia vote taking heat off. Double votes though, despite their common arguing, are not automatically indicative of either side.

I agree with Rummy that the mafia probably laid off Sméagol knowing he was town with a false investigation. Town nearly always lynches based on investigation unless the write-up or PM actually sheds some doubt. Although saying that, the mafia may also have worked out that people not voting would come under suspicion...

Basically it's too early to look at voting patterns as there has only been one vote.

I didn't say anything about the double voter's alignment. I just think we should know. We know it's one of those 3 and if they're town they're a target for the mafia anyway. It could also be an outside influence and all 3 players could come out and say they don't have one which would tell us someone can affect votes. If you remember in the last day phase, Sméagol had a vote on himself. I don't remember him voting for himself so unless I missed it, something happened there.

I don't see what extra harm it would do for the double voter to come out now.

What I meant was, I think this is going to turn into one of those situations where we can't get anybody lynched because there's more than one suspect, and I want to avoid that.

I might've been somewhat rash, though, as I suspect Peeps not only because of Eevil's info, but also his story about being roleblocked by the blast, which reeks of a cover story. Thinking about it better, this isn't much, and can easily be an effect ReZ put on the killer (roleblocking those who also target the victim).

In the end, Eddie is the one with more solid evidence on her, while Peeps is more hunch than confirmation at this point. But I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Change Vote: Eddiecoleslaw

NEW POST: Also, I'm not the one with the double vote. And I should be getting some sleep, didn't even see this page.

I have massive amounts of work and then massive amounts of alcohol to consume afterwards for several days so my participation will probably be low if existent.

Not if they were trying to kill him, which it seems they clearly did. Why were you clearly roleblocked? Peeps seems to have accurately described a roleblock to me, what/who/how/why were you roleblocked? Did you do something to Tales? Not to mention I've already said I didn't actually mean a roleblock, I meant a something that meant Peeps couldn't make it to his target, Tales.

Scroll up for this:

I was roleblocker by the large Pokemon that roleblocked Peeps the night before (or whoever mentioned it).

And read yesterday for Peeps' description of the roleblock...or read below:

I was "attacked" and "crushed" by a "very large Pokemon", and was prevented from completing my action.

In my quote: roleblocker = roleblocked :(

Sorry for not posting yet, exam/submissions season right now. My thoughts on the situation is that Eddie had no reason not to vote yesterday, and was against it for no reason. It felt like she knew Sméagol wasn't mafia and didn't vote so that she would look good after he was revealed townie. I mean she went against it with such confidence yet with no evidence, it was weird.

I haven't got much against Peeps yet but I'm more working on what happened yesterday at this point as I haven't had time to catch up on the thread yet :s I will when I submit this stupid assignment though.

ALSO in case anyone hasn't noticed yet (since I haven't seen it mentioned for some reason), Sméagol voted for himself and Eddie, yet Yvonne decided to put the final vote without so much as questioning it? That's a scummy vote if I've ever seen one.

17 players, majority is 9.

Vote Sméagol - 8 ; Tales, The Peeps, DuD, Dannyboy-the-Dane, mr-paul, heroicjanitor, Diageo, Sméagol.

Vote EddieColeslaw - 1 ; Sméagol.

vote Sméagol

Vote Sméagol - 9 ; Tales, The Peeps, DuD, Dannyboy-the-Dane, mr-paul, heroicjanitor, Diageo, Sméagol, Yvonne.

Vote EddieColeslaw - 1 ; Sméagol.

I did actually notice Sméagol voting for himself in the last count, but I think I put it down to a mistake on ReZ's part. It happening more than once highly suggests it wasn't a mistake, but ReZ should be able to clear that up for us.

Well I'm convinced Peeps isn't covering up, so I'm keeping my vote. I still don't understand mr-paul, and I still think lots of people would have targetted Tales. Who did you target last night, @EddieColeslaw? Do we know what you try to do?

ALSO in case anyone hasn't noticed yet (since I haven't seen it mentioned for some reason), Sméagol voted for himself and Eddie, yet Yvonne decided to put the final vote without so much as questioning it? That's a scummy vote if I've ever seen one.

It was a pretty scummy looking vote, but again I still think Smeagol was a totally warranted lynch going by yesterday, and I was getting ready to place a final vote when I was reading through(as I missed the entire day). I don't think the votes in the lynch necessarily tell us much, but there's gotta be some mafia in there.

OK, I'll come out and say it explicitly - I tried redirecting who I think is the protector to Tales, but was unable to because I was dragged underground. I can't say who it is though, that would be silly.

My thoughts on the situation is that Eddie had no reason not to vote yesterday, and was against it for no reason. It felt like she knew Sméagol wasn't mafia and didn't vote so that she would look good after he was revealed townie. I mean she went against it with such confidence yet with no evidence, it was weird.

I did have evidence; I had Smeagol's full role information, which I slowly revealed to see whether people thought it was lynch-worthy or not. If I said it all at once I would've been accused of outing him (bad if town).

Also to Eddie, not voting for Smeagol is not a defense. I would have voted for him myself if I had not missed the day, as I felt he was incredibly scummy(was reading the day and ready to vote, when I saw it was concluded), in hindsight it would have been the wrong decision, but at the time I would have cast my vote with no doubt in it. It could be a classic mafia tactic to not vote, hoping to not draw attention to one's self, and saving it for later in the day under some sort of pretense, then solidifying the vote if it wasn't going through.

It would be incredibly silly imo to be waving the fact that I didn't vote around, if it was a mafia tactic. Surely I would save it until much later, when it's less obvious. And I was one of the people who talked the most yesterday, which is hardly not drawing attention to myself :heh:

I was doubtful all along yesterday because I had Smeagol's full role information to work from, and well...he did reveal absolutely everything on the first day and was very forthcoming with info, all of which I could confirm to myself. So he was at least very truthful, and really the only thing going against him was the brutal roleblocking.

--

In the end, Eddie is the one with more solid evidence on her, while Peeps is more hunch than confirmation at this point. But I'll keep my eyes peeled.

What's the evidence against me? You've got dodgy alignment information from Tales and...?

--

@The Peeps, what would you describe your role as? /ttly not letting this go :p Are you town or neutral?

--

Also the vote thing heroic mentioned is hella weird, I can't even imagine the mechanics before it - whoever it is can cast a vote under another player's name?

OK, I'll come out and say it explicitly - I tried redirecting who I think is the protector to Tales, but was unable to because I was dragged underground. I can't say who it is though, that would be silly.

Ohhh, I see what you mean now. You did have to target Tales to do that though, however I'm fairly sure you would have failed due to the same commotion that Peeps experienced.

mr-paul's target probably would have been affected by the same thing as me, rather than mr-paul himself.

I mentioned the vote thing but apparently no one saw :( herojan gets all the credit :laughing:

@EddieColeslaw you have Sméagol's full role information but you said yourself that you're not a rolecop either. I have given plenty of information about myself and my targets and I've claimed a pokémon. You've only given information about one of your targets. I think you should be the one revealing more information about yourself before I should give anything else.

How long we got today? I'm surprised I'm not catching more attention tbh. This is the scummiest I've played since Ace Attorney!

Ugh, stupid life getting in the way of mafia games. I apologise that I haven't been as active as I want to, but with other stuff on my mind I haven't had the time and energy to sit down and really focus on the game.

Vote EddieColeslaw - 2 ; Rummy, Jonnas.

Vote The Peeps - 3 ; EEVILMURRAY, Cube.

Day will end at 7:00am tomorrow.

Ohhh, I see what you mean now. You did have to target Tales to do that though, however I'm fairly sure you would have failed due to the same commotion that Peeps experienced.

mr-paul's target probably would have been affected by the same thing as me, rather than mr-paul himself.

Didn't mr-paul say he tried redirecting a protector? The protector should prevent a blast, not be affected by it.

If the blast really roleblocked Peeps, anyway. I still think the story's fishy.

Didn't mr-paul say he tried redirecting a protector? The protector should prevent a blast, not be affected by it.

If the blast really roleblocked Peeps, anyway. I still think the story's fishy.

From the sound of it mr-paul was prevented from redirecting his target, so even assuming his target was a protector, I don't think it would've made a difference.

How long we got today? I'm surprised I'm not catching more attention tbh. This is the scummiest I've played since Ace Attorney!

Exactly :p Where the hell is everyone. Though I guess I'm not the only one with exams/assignments. Want to tell us why you voted/ who you are?

It seems unlikely there will be a lynch today because time's running out, not a tragic thing at this stage as we're not in a too crucial position because of some prevented kills on a couple of nights.

While Peeps does seem fishy, I'm not willing to lynch him on the tracker's info, as others may have targeted Tales as well. I will however stick a vote on Eddie, I want to know more role info/targets, as Tales got a good result on you when he got mafia on a townie, and your defence of Sméagol did seem a little un-naturally knowing, if you get me.

Vote: EddieColeslaw

Holy crap. Clearly no one is going to shift the focus from me and will continue to concentrate on yesterday's events no matter what happened last night or with anyone else.

Fine. I'm a protector who sometimes intercepts (not steals) PMs. I received Peeps' PM the night before last. He scans players' abilities with his "device" and can choose to use them on odd nights instead of scanning. That's why I'm suspicious of the fact that he denies being an ability cop. He scanned Smeagol that night.

If everyone who keeps badgering me for info is mafia, then you win :heh:

It hit me yesterday, but I wasn't sure whether to take anything from it, but the discussion of Peeps' ability circled around him being a "rolecop", which he denied. Now, we all knew what we were talking about, but isn't a rolecop strictly speaking a cop who investigates people's roles, i.e. their character? It could be a clever way of avoiding telling the truth without actually lying.

Or I'm reading far too much into it. :heh:

Eddie's info does seem to make sense, but I still don't know what to take from it. It sounds like a townie power, but I could also imagine a mafioso having such a power. And Peeps ... I dunno.

I'm clueless. Absolutely clueless. Either of them could be mafia, or they could both be town. Maybe they could even both be mafia. I just don't know.

Yeah as Dannyboy said, I wouldn't describe it as a role cop power because I don't specifically investigate people's roles. The main reason for denying it was to not put a target on my head so thanks for bringing it out in the open :p

I trust Eddie enough not to put a vote on anyway. She obviously had information about Sméagol which is why she was against voting for him. One thing though Eddie, why do you only sometimes get PMs? What are the conditions for you being able to receive a PM?

And Jonnas yeah I didn't really think it through. Obviously the protector would've prevented the blast. I'd just like to address the fact that you think I'm lying about being stopped from reaching Tales though. Why do you think the blast of energy was included in the write-up if it didn't do anything? Seems pointless to include something like that in the write-up if it doesn't refer to anything in particular.

Yeah as Dannyboy said, I wouldn't describe it as a role cop power because I don't specifically investigate people's roles. The main reason for denying it was to not put a target on my head so thanks for bringing it out in the open :p

Hey, Eddie already did that, I just used the opportunity to put my theory out there. :heh:

If it's any consolation, neither of you feel suspicious enough for me to want to vote for at the moment. It's my old reluctance to lynch people resurfacing. :heh: