N-Europe

Nintendo's Quiz Party

Cube

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/will-brit-quiz-game-boost-wii-oursurvey-says/094286

Nintendo are making a quiz game just for the UK - and it will be hosted by Roy Walker.

A new Wii game built specifically for UK families launches in summer.

Nintendo’s Quiz Party is a trivia game packed with brain teasers and puzzles. It lets an unlimited number of players take part using just one Wii Remote.

It’s even hosted by British TV quizmaster Roy Walker, of Catchphrase fame.

“Quiz Party has been tailored specifically for the UK audience and their love of quizzes. It should be a hit with families,” junior brand manager Vanisha Kavia told MCV. “It’s the perfect multiplayer game for the upcoming bank holiday weekends.”

The game’s launch will be supported by TV ads and an extensive PR campaign.

I find it fairly interesting that it's Nintendo themselves doing a game like this.

so it should be out fairly soon then. I wonder who's actually making it though...

Do kids today even know who Roy Walker actually is?

He's arguably more well known than ever thanks to his Car Park Catchphrase slot on Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show every weekday.

He's arguably more well known than ever thanks to his Car Park Catchphrase slot on Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show every weekday.

That I didn't know. So they may not recognise the face, but they will know the name and voice.

I wonder if he will get the 3D treatment like a certain Dr.

I know it's Nintendo and all, but just I can't imagine this game not having the production values of a primary school nativity play.