NEurope
The Peeps

The Weather Mafia

ok first snippet of analysis: I think mighty wind is some kind of wizard of oz storm, that can swap targets. I think Diageo may have been swapped for someone else, which explains why the goal of Aqui1a's action remained. I think there may be a lot of wind types. Maybe its even cumulative - the more weather that shows up in the same place, the more wild the over all effects? It's a plausible mechanic. So far I have no reason to think Aqui1a is mafia. Sorry, analysis is taking a while! More to come. When's deadline?

Aqui1a

alignment: leaning town

weather: claim wind

role: claim redirect

targets:

• N1 claim DuD to UNKNOWN. Claimed hailstorm prevented this
  • N2 claim Diageo to DuD. Claim unknown target to DuD

votes:

• D1 no lynch
  • D3 Diageo

contribution:

• D1 no lynch
  • D2 claims targeted by hailstorm, or that target was protected by hailstorm. Didn't reach target.
  • Asks Diageo to specify what froze him.
  • Claims target N1 was DuD
  • D3 redirected by mighty wind, don't know target. Asks DuD about last night (N2)
  • Claims intended to target Diageo
  • Must have been redirected to you? (Diageo) [i disagree]
  • DuD, are you sure Diageo is just wind?
  • DuD, I don't think Diageo is wind
  • Claims wind. Regular, ordinary wind.
  • Votes for Diageo
  • Says PM specifies mighty wind
  • Keeps vote on Diageo, wind is suspicious.

Cube

alignment: feeling neutral

weather: unknown

role: unknown

targets:

• D1 unknown
  • D2 Claims ReZourceman, claims prevented by mist.

votes:

• D1 none
  • D2 Diageo

contribution:

• D1 none
  • D2 vote Diageo based on Yvonne info, pressure.
  • D3 Nothing to add, but paying attention to posts. Claiming a non information role (I think protector).
  • Assumes ReZ is a cop and confirms this by claiming town. Essentially says, if ReZ tells the truth, I am not on team with Dohnut. At least one townie in the group ReZ Cube Dohnut.
  • Denies being a power cop, explains above logic
  • Asks ReZ to ignore Dohnut. Cube and Dohnut are not both scum. If scum in this three, it's either (Dohnut) or (Cube AND ReZ).
  • Cube explains above logic, predicated on him being a trusted town. Insistent.
  • Asks maddog why he asks about N1.
  • EEVIL can't have roleblocked ReZ
  • because Cube targetted ReZ but there was mist around him, preventing him from targeting.
  • mystery solved (sarcastic? don't know)

So many pages @___@

Discussion has moved on already, so I won't comment on Rez, etc.

All the info I can give is:

- I never got roleblocked any night.

- If there are 3 (claimed) roleblockers, there could be 3 winds? I am not a roleblocker or a wind. Diageo, did something bad happen to you? You are very adamant about finding whoever's Wind.

Votes:

Nintendohnut (3): ReZourceman, Cube, Sméagol

ReZourceman (2): EEVILMURRAY, Jimbob

Diageo (1): Aqui1a

Majority is 8

Phase will end at 10pm tonight.

Diageo

alignment: leaning town

weather: claims wind

targets:

• D1 claims dohnut, but was frozen
  • D2 claims self, but was redirected

votes:

• D1 none
  • D2 Rummy

contribution:

• D1 none
  • D2 I didn't target mr-paul, I targeted Nintendohnut, but was frozen in place.
  • was not told what froze me
  • Rummy confesses (joke vote?)
  • more jokin'
  • sarcasm!
  • D3 big post: ReZ claims to be cop and investigate Cube and Dohnut. EEVIL claims to have roleblocked him N2, Rummy did on N1. How does he have any info? Is there evidence Rummy blocked ReZ? (Rummy is town, so they did not communicate co-ordinating a lie). Even if EEVIL is lying ReZ is still not a cop with 2 investigations. Smeagol claims investigator and says ReZ & Cube are town. Seems odd. If both are cops, at least 1 is wrong. Suspicious of Jimbob's suspicion of ReZ for coming out with info, knee jerk reaction. Asks aqui1a who he targeted N2 and who he got instead.
  • what's the evidence that Rummy blocked ReZ?
  • I was also redirected to an unknown by a gust of wind.
  • Claims honest to DuD
  • Insistent that he is wind. Claims not a redirect. You are wrong leonidas!
  • I am plain, ordinary wind. think!
  • Different powers. Some impenetrable stuff about wind and redirection. Not going to think too much about this right now.
  • Was anyone else affected by wind?
  • I also get redirected by mighty wind. I targeted myself, and you (aqui1a) targeted me. So, third wind? This wind redirects away from a target. Targeted Diageo and redirected both Diageo and aqui1a. Assumes mighty wind is mafia.
  • Attack on aqui1a
  • Targeted self, definitely not a redirector.

DuD

alignment: strong town

role: weatherman

targets:

• N1 claim Diageo
  • N2 claim Yvonne

votes:

• none

contribution:

• D3 shows up, reads thread. Claims two random targets.
  • big analysis: ReZ somewhat credible. Thinks Diageo is lying (suspects protector?) Did EEVIL roleblock Diageo N1? Seems to imply here that Diageo is a redirector. Claims N1 Diageo, N2 Yvonne. (I note here that I noticed nothing, so if this is true, not a violent role). Doesn't want to give up power. Probably an info role, reverse tracker? Would explain why didn't counter claim ReZ. People get active!
  • Accepts EEVIL's story.
  • Claims Diageo lied about strong wind redirection. Has info to prove otherwise. What could this be?
  • DuD is a weather checker! This lends strength to his target claim, and he's dead right about me being "calm". High trust. I trust Diageo a little less now.
  • wind!
  • is yvonne calm?
  • redirection impossible, names used
  • confusion about wind
  • puns!
  • sleeping
  • moar analysis

How do we know that EEVIL isn't the mafia roleblocker, though?

Well, we don’t know. But judging from behaviour, I’d say EEVIL is town. Blindly going after ReZ while Dohnut would be an easier target if he was EEVIL was mafia. I prefer not to waste this day, but if we have to find out tonight, we will.

If there’s no lynch, I’ll target Dohnut, so ReZ can target someone else. If I’m hindered, you know which power not to trust.

(last thing was specifically aimed at redirectors)

I would rather you target someone else, and not reveal who it is. The mafia may have defences regardless of if Dohnut is or not, and they may try to skew your results.

I think there’s a small chance that mafia can do anything else besides kill / roleblock / redirect me, if if it’s one of those 3, I’ll know (and then you’ll know). I think I’ll take my chances, but you never now, I may change my mind.

Of course, I could randomise between Dohnut and EEVIL.

There is no point in saying who you're going to target, sure-fire way to screw up your results if either Dohnut or Eevil is mafia.

Another thing, if we can have two revealed investigators then the third wind should come forward now. Not saying I believe there is a third wind, but if they don't reveal themselves as townie today I'm going to assume they're mafia if we find them.

I was buffeted by a mighty wind on night 2, also.

Did you target me too?

That pretty much confirms the third wind character.

DuD

alignment: strong town

role: weatherman

targets:

• N1 claim Diageo
  • N2 claim Yvonne

votes:

• none

contribution:

• D3 shows up, reads thread. Claims two random targets.
  • big analysis: ReZ somewhat credible. Thinks Diageo is lying (suspects protector?) Did EEVIL roleblock Diageo N1? Seems to imply here that Diageo is a redirector. Claims N1 Diageo, N2 Yvonne. (I note here that I noticed nothing, so if this is true, not a violent role). Doesn't want to give up power. Probably an info role, reverse tracker? Would explain why didn't counter claim ReZ. People get active!
  • Accepts EEVIL's story.
  • Claims Diageo lied about strong wind redirection. Has info to prove otherwise. What could this be?
  • DuD is a weather checker! This lends strength to his target claim, and he's dead right about me being "calm". High trust. I trust Diageo a little less now.
  • wind!
  • is yvonne calm?
  • redirection impossible, names used
  • confusion about wind
  • puns!
  • sleeping
  • moar analysis

He claimed I lied because he knew I was wind and thought there was only one wind character. There is no other information. He found me to be wind and you to be calm. That's all the info he has. There's no reason to trust me less because of it. If anything, he's confirming that I am wind and adding credence to my claims.

This is frustrating. There is plenty to have been discussed or to vote on whether it be me, Dohnut, EEVIL....and no one is slamming any votes down. Its all well and good Yvonne doing this analysis (regardless of his alignment) but if people aren't going to add their own speculation or voting. Yeesssh. Thanks to the few who are actually conversing, regularly.

EddieColeslaw

alignment: feeling neutral

targets:

• N1 unknown, success
  • N2 unknown, success

votes:

• D1 none
  • D2 no lynch

contribution:

• D1 none
  • D2 laugh at mr-paul
  • too much vote changing!
  • vote no lynch
  • D3 Did not target Maddog N1
  • agrees with heroic, ReZ is probably bluffing
  • So many pages! Has not been roleblocked yet. Suggests 3 winds.Claims not roleblocker or wind. Whats up Diageo, you seem eager to find wind!

EEVILMURRAY

alignment: clear town

weather: suspect blizzard

role: claim roleblocker

targets:

• N1 corroborated Diageo
  • N2 claim ReZourceman

votes:

• N1 Frag Grimes...
  • D3 ReZourceman

contribution:

• N1 vote Frag Grimes
  • chill out it's my night power poker face poker face
  • D2 something cool :D
  • D3 cold post
  • a chilling notion? Is EEVIL only allowed to say things in relation to cold? Is he Mr Freeze? ReZ, claim!
  • Attacks ReZ, says he couldn't be a cop, because he roleblocked. Claim roleblocker. Votes ReZ
  • This post is key - he says he WAS SUCCESSFUL. As in was told he was. All successful townies will knowabout this PM, mafia probably do not. This is a strong town tell. As a matter of course, it can no longer be a town tell.
  • Asks Sméagol for his reason to trust ReZ. Cop?
  • ReZ was blocked both nights...
  • It is surely a bluff!
  • fighting his point, trusts his results
  • confident in his power
  • maybe weather conflicts?
  • claims The Peeps sends a PM saying this. So, town & GM error or something else. I think town.
  • Freddie!
  • confirms targets again

EEVIL is clearly town, I'm 98% sure.

vote nintendohnut

Votes:

Nintendohnut (4): ReZourceman, Cube, Sméagol, Yvonne

ReZourceman (2): EEVILMURRAY, Jimbob

Diageo (1): Aqui1a

Majority is 8

Phase will end at 10pm tonight.

Two more votes needed if no double voters. One hour left, I will be watching this page like a hawk and refreshing and noting people viewing and not voting. Regardless of Dohnut's alignment.

heroicjanitor and DuD are currently viewing.

Frag Grimes

alignment: neutral. Quiet, but could be because n00b. If experienced, scummy.

targets:

• N1 unknown
  • N2 claim Diageo, claim redirected (buffeted)

votes:

• D2 no lynch, dohnut
  • D3 Dohnut

contribution:

• D2 no lynch
  • vote dohnut (black dynamite reference) Could be beginner bandwagoning
  • D3 claims buffeted by mighty wind N2
  • Claims targeted Diageo. So anyone targeting Diageo N2 was redirected away?
  • D3 Votes Dohnut.