NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aneres11

Delta Goodrem

Delta+Goodrem+%E2%80%93+Delta.jpg

For me, she is quite possibly one of the most beautiful women in the world.

And her talent is just :o

I made a thread on her as I'm interested in peoples opinions. She left the UK after the whole Kerry Katona Brian McFadden split which at the time, was not good for Delta as the whole country LOVED Kerry. ::shrug:

Kerry had just won I'm a Celeb and Delta's squeaky clean image was a bit ruined.

Her third album 'Delta' didn't get released over here but was fantastic (as per her other 2 albums) and she has been quiet for a while.

Until now...

She has recently been appointed as a 'coach' on the Australian Voice and has just announced and released the video for her new single.

'Sitting on Top of the World' - caution Delta fans. This is FUCKIN AMAZING.

Not what I expected... but I absolutely love it.

So, do people want to see her back in the UK releasing stuff like this? Lets face it, everyone hates Kerry now :P so there's no reason for that to put her off anymore!

Thoughts on the new single / change in style for this one?!

For me, she is quite possibly one of the most beautiful women in the world.

I know what you mean is, "she's so beautiful that even I - a gay man - find her attractive", but all I can read it as is, "she looks like a man". :heh:

*Has nothing constructive to add to music threads*

I know what you mean is, "she's so beautiful that even I - a gay man - find her attractive", but all I can read it as is, "she looks like a man". :heh:

*Has nothing constructive to add to music threads*

You seem to have a strange idea about the notion of beauty?

Love Delta!! :heart:

Definately one of the most beautiful women in the world in my eyes.

Seriously, she's so naturally beautiful, that what ever superlative you choose to describe her beauty still doesn't seem to do her justice. She's absolutley stunning.

Never used to tire of seeing her performing on TV over here growing up, sat at her piano... which just makes her even sexier as she's incredibly talented.

And she's got some truely great songs in her backcatalogue, it's a shame that she kinded faded from the UK scene; I think her duet 'When I Need You' with Brian was probably her last big song over here was it?... which I am unashamedly a fan of.

Thanks for that new song @Aneres11!!... because I might not have picked up on it!

I really like it, and it would make for a pretty good comeback song for her over here... but only if she wanted too. Good song for summer!

It's a new [more grown up] sound, but it's a great one! And she looks amazing in the video!!

Edited by Retro_Link

And she's got some truely great songs in her backcatalogue, it's a shame that she kinded faded from the UK scene; I think her duet 'When I Need You' with Brian was probably her last big song over here was it?... which I am unashamedly a fan of.

Think you mean Almost Here, and yeah I LOVE that. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm a huge Delta fan, she's so immaculate in every way. Like...imagine being a girl and having her face. You'd just know you were inherently great.

I like all three of her albums, they all have their share of stunners.

Interesting new single, a kinda mix of current popular sound and her own unique style, it's nice. I look foward to her new album, it's been YEARS.

I would absolutely smash her back doors in!

Couldn't care less for her singing though.

To be fair, she does a little manly in that Delta cover at the top.

Love Delta, except when she cut her hair short, then she just looked weird. pr0 voice. Probably one of the only artists I've actually continued buying albums of.

Hmmm the new single... I did wonder when she might sell out and join the average track world: group dance routines, the chorus making up 75% of the song, the other 20% consisting of "Whooa's" etc... I thought I'd be wrong, I wanted to be wrong.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Love Delta, except when she cut her hair short, then she just looked weird.

I'm not sure whether she cut it short due to cancer treatment or whether it actually fell out during that period. The result of it growing back was the Out of the Blue video.

I think the song is not like anything else at the minute. There's no David Guetta / Red One / Pitbull sounding influence (thank Christ) and it's still Delta at heart.

Maybe Leona Lewis should give this a listen so she can learn how to do uptempo... (ooh, controversial!!). :laughing:

I think the song is not like anything else at the minute. There's no David Guetta / Red One / Pitbull sounding influence (thank Christ) and it's still Delta at heart.

Maybe Leona Lewis should give this a listen so she can learn how to do uptempo... (ooh, controversial!!). :laughing:

True though... on the whole Leona is massively unfulfilled potential/could be so much more!

Yeah Delta's more upbeat sound is definately very natural/her still, and still has her sound to it. It's more Marina and the Diamonds in that regard, than thankfully the other influences you mentioned.

Edited by Retro_Link

She looks a bit like a horse crossed with the cowardly lion to me...

Wasn't she diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma a while back, or am i confusing her with someone else?

sittin on top of the world... rld... world... rld

CAN'T... STOP... LISTENING... LOVE IT TOO MUCH

*carries on singing*

sittin on top

CAN'T... STOP... LISTENING... LOVE IT TOO MUCH

*carries on singing*

sittin on top

I know the feeling - its been on repeat alllll day for me haha.

Easily my favourite song of the moment.

I have watched the vid about 20 times too - that just makes it even better! : peace:

Yep!

Video's great, just makes me happy!

And she's SO pretty!

It also led to me watching this [which I love] today for old times sake...

which then led me on to discovering this, which is no Almost Here, but she's amazing in the video!

Edited by Retro_Link

which then led me on to discovering this, which is no Almost Here, but she's amazing in the video!

Ha I discovered that today too!

Wasn't a big fan of it really. It's more Brian with a bit of Delta added in and Brian is a better writer if you ask me!

Video is good though!

One of my favourite Delta songs is The Analyst.

The piano and her vocals in this song is soooo good!

Ha I discovered that today too!

Wasn't a big fan of it really. It's more Brian with a bit of Delta added in and Brian is a better writer if you ask me!

Video is good though!

I just like her faces etc... in the video! :p

Yeah his song, I don't really know any of his stuff other than the songs he released here.

I did like Real To Me...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and Irish Son

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I assumed he was just writing now, but seems he must have been releasing songs in Australia.

I'm loving the new song now!

I really want it to be successful but I fear it won't be promoted over here.

So get up, Stand up

What you waitin for...

I doubt it's even being released over here is it?

I'll be buying it, or the album anyway so all's good, still showing my love.

Now I'm with a yooooooooou

Now I'm with yooooooooooooooooou

Edited by Retro_Link

I know the feeling - its been on repeat alllll day for me haha.

Easily my favourite song of the moment.

I have watched the vid about 20 times too - that just makes it even better! : peace:

Likewise, tis growing on me muchos.

But I can't forget the feeling I had when I first heard it with its "oh-ah-ah-oh-ah-ah" at the beginning and I thought "Aw fuck, it's Avril Lavigne all over again, but with less hypocrisy)"

Sadly it's not on the Delta album.

I'm so ready for her new album - I'm beyond moist, I'm sodden.

Delta is mu thinspiration, my idol, my secret place.

Liking that song. Wouldn't put it down as a single, but still a nice track.

Is there a release date for the album yet? Been waiting ages for some news since Sitting on Top of the World.

Sign in to follow this