NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Possible spoiler but on the subject of Mr. B....

Just finished watching the first Cap film and as happens I find myself surfing IMBD and Wikipedia as I tend to do after watching films.

Anyway the Wikipedia (I know but hopefully someone can find a more concrete link with the same info), page for Bucky says that Sebastian Stan who played Bucky in the first Cap film is signed up for 6 films...

6 Cap films seems a bit much and a "film" need not mean be in it for the full film...c ould mean Cameos, ala Samuel Jackson in his after credit scenes.

If he was to be in Cap2, chances are he could be in the after credits scene of The Avengers (as Winter Soilder)?

If not then maybe after credits to Cap2 to appear in Cap3 (or Avengers2?)

Can't wait to see how they pull off this story.

Also loving that they aren't going with numbers and opted for proper titles :D

(Though wish teh Cap one didn't give so much away :heh:)

Also why can't they bring Cap out next year like Iron Man and Thor (I know 3 films in one year would be a lot but I don't like waiting)

Also why can't they bring Cap out next year like Iron Man and Thor (I know 3 films in one year would be a lot but I don't like waiting)

Possibly just because of time? In order to bring it out by May next year, they'd have less than 10 months to film it....

Now you're being greedy... Thor & Iron Man should be enough :p

Falcon Punch!!

Anthony Mackie Cast as Falcon in Captain America 2

The Hurt Locker star joins The Winter Soldier as Cap's partner.

Actor Anthony Mackie will play Cap's partner Falcon in the forthcoming sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The Hollywood Reporter says the Hurt Locker and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter actor is currently in negotiations with Marvel Studios to play Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, a social worker-turned-costumed crime fighter in Harlem.

mackie-lincoln-vampire-hunter1.jpg

Falcon was the first African-American superhero in mainstream comics. In the original Marvel Comics, Falcon became an Avenger; in the Ultimates universe, he is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Lets hope its better than the montage that was the first film. The more I watch it the less I like it.

Strangely enough, I really enjoyed the Cap film. Normally I find him such a bland character - too good and righteous to be palatable. But Chris Evans imbued him with pathos, vulnerability and humour.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Will Contain Major Twists For Marvel Movie Universe

Maximiliano Hernández, who played Agent Jasper Sitwell in Marvel’s The Avengers and the Marvel One-Shot “Item 47”, has revealed via Twitter that he will play the character again in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. And then he got a bit teasery about the film’s role in Marvel Phase 2.

“So it’s a much bigger role in a much darker Cap Story. Lots of twists and turns. And lots secrets about the MCU revealed!” he said, adding, “I can’t say much more or the Marvel cops will revoke my SHIELD clearance! Trust me u will all freak out in the theatre when all is revealed!”

Hernández joins a cast that includes Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp and Hayley Atwell.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo and is scheduled for release in the UK on 4 April 2014.

agent-sitwell-610x258.jpg

Source = http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/03/22/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-will-contain-major-twists-for-marvel-movie-universe/

Hopefully Falcon will look just as good in the movie because that concept art is pretty awesome.

Haha, he seems like an absolute DUDE.
Kinda has that likable Will Smith'ness about him... or at least gives that impression.

Yeah costume looks exactly like the concept art they showed for it which is awesome! :D

Suggests his 'wings' are going to be entirely CG, though. Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing tbh.

I'd imagine it would make it easier for the actor to do his action scenes without the added weight on his arms?

Though maybe it also depends on the scene, maybe there will be some where he will have actual wings on the suit?

Premise for the movie...

Marvel head Kevin Feige is offering up a few key hints about Marvel's upcoming slate of films beyond Iron Man 3, starting with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. In particular, Feige has been talking about Steve Rogers and his relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D.

"So Cap does stay with S.H.I.E.L.D. because he has nowhere else to go. But he's not necessarily comfortable there. And just as he's given permission to let go of the past and to focus on the modern world, a ghost comes up. With the Greatest Generation in World World II, there's a tendency to reflect on that period and say, 'Things were black and white back then, and now it's hard to know who the bad guys are.' 'We wanted to play on that a little with Cap being uncomfortable with the way S.H.I.E.L.D., and in particular Nick Fury, operates."

Additionally, EW revealed this new promo image of Winter Soldier catching Cap's shield. Check it:

cap-the-winter-soldier-shield.jpg

Isn't that the premise for the Cap'n in the Avengers?