NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

0x10c

http://0x10c.com/

Notch's new space-based MMO.

In a parallel universe where the space race never ended, space travel was gaining popularity amongst corporations and rich individuals.

In 1988, a brand new deep sleep cell was released, compatible with all popular 16 bit computers. Unfortunately, it used big endian, whereas the DCPU-16 specifications called for little endian. This led to a severe bug in the included drivers, causing a requested sleep of 0x0000 0000 0000 0001 years to last for 0x0001 0000 0000 0000 years.

It's now the year 281 474 976 712 644 AD, and the first lost people are starting to wake up to a universe on the brink of extinction, with all remote galaxies forever lost to red shift, star formation long since ended, and massive black holes dominating the galaxy.

Game Features

The game is still very early in development, but here is a list of things we hope to include:

Hard science fiction.

Lots of engineering.

Fully working computer system.

Space battles against the AI or other players.

Abandoned ships full of loot.

Duct tape!

Seamlessly landing on planets.

Advanced economy system.

Random encounters.

Mining, trading, and looting.

Single and multi player connected via the multiverse.

It also has single-player focus, so it's already better than any other MMO.

He had me at "inspired by Firefly".

I've read about it yesterday. Sounds all very nice, but it's Notch...the question will be: Can/Will he deliver everything he promises?

Sounds amazing. Its been a while since I've actually been looking forward to a game.

Sign in to follow this