NEurope
Retro_Link

Ant-Man Movie

Will be a heist movie.

We will find out who is playing Ant-Man/Hank Pym in Edgar Wright's forthcoming Marvel movie before the year is out.

Marvel Studios' president of production Kevin Feige explained to IGN, in an extended interview which you can watch at the bottom of the page, that the British director is currently in the Marvel offices every day "tweaking the drafts [of the script] with Joe Cornish... and we're crewing up and prepping. There should be cast announcements, probably before the end of the year."

He also went on to explain that Ant-Man, which is scheduled for a July 2015 release, won't be your regular super hero movie as it will straddle another genre entirely - the heist movie.

Strange? So is Pym planning the heist then? Wouldn't that be out of character?

EDIT

Wonder if Janet van Dyne will appear (with or without becoming Wasp) and who would play her... I'd love to see Jewel Staite :heart:

I think with him not being in Avengers, this is going to be quite a different Ant-Man anyway (not that I know about the character).

Whether he's involved in the heist or it's up to him to investigate it, we'll have to wait and see. Possibly both, he could be a guy with incredible skills given a second chance and a new suit.

Wonder if Janet van Dyne will appear (with or without becoming Wasp) and who would play her... I'd love to see Jewel Staite :heart:

With Sean Maher as Ant-Man?

(they actually did something like that with those two in Warehouse 13).

I like how they're going in new directions with this - like the space opera genre for Guardians of the Galaxy.

I would love to see all the Ant-Man's - Henry Pym, Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady. Eric O'Grady would definitely do a heist.

Could be a heist movie in the sense of, the bad guys are the target of the heist. He is a super hero after all.

I would love to see all the Ant-Man's - Henry Pym, Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady. Eric O'Grady would definitely do a heist.

Scott Lang was a burglar before he became Ant Man so he would make the most sense.

Michael Douglas cast as Hank Pym in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

Michael Douglas has been cast in Marvel's upcoming movie Ant-Man.

The actor will play scientist Hank Pym in the Edgar Wright-directed superhero film, with Paul Rudd starring as Scott Lang, Marvel has announced.

In the comics, Pym was the original Ant-Man before the mantle was passed on to Lang.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said: "With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves.

"We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a543708/michael-douglas-cast-as-hank-pym-in-edgar-wrights-ant-man.html

Michael Douglas....... well I wasn't expecting that.

Wonder if he'll be in Avengers 2 as the creator of Ultron? or working alongside Tony on it if they gonna go that route.

Must be almost guaranteed he'll be the post credits Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers 2 scene now though, given they put the big names in those where they can to create buzz and hype.

SO they are gonna have two of the Ant-Man characters? Pym and Lang? I though Rudd was gonna play Pym.... be interesting to see how this plays out.... maybe Pym will create the tech but Lang will don the suit?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/14/michael-douglas-on-playing-ant-mans-hank-pym

Michael Douglas on Playing Ant-Man's Hank Pym

Yesterday, Marvel announced that Michael Douglas, who won a Golden Globe on Sunday for his turn as Liberace in Behind the Candelabra, will be playing Hank Pym in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man.

Hank Pym, of course, is the original Ant-Man in the comics, but the "main" Ant-Man for this film will be Scott Lang, played by Paul Rudd.

"I've been dying to do a Marvel picture for so long," Douglas told Reuters in a recent interview. "The script is really fun, the director is really good. Dylan [Douglas' 13-year-old son] will love it. He'll have a picture he can see."

On landing the role and surprising fans with the news from yesterday, the actor continued, "Sometimes -- like [when] they didn't see you for Liberace -- you've got to shake them up a little bit and have some fun."

With Douglas now a part of the extended Marvel family, does that mean he too has been contracted for a boatload of sequels? "[Marvel] reciprocated well, there are sequels," he replied. "Who knows?"

Nice to hear how up for it he is :) and he's not another Hugo Weaving.

Maybe he'll get a Marvel One Shot as well.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/evangeline-lilly-up-for-marvels-ant-man

Evangeline Lilly Up for Marvel's Ant-Man

The Hobbit and Lost star eyed for the unspecified female lead.

Lilly is in "early talks" to play the female lead in director Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. If a deal is made, Lily would join stars Paul Rudd (Scott Lang) and Michael Douglas (Dr. Henry Pym).

"It is unclear who Lilly would be playing, though some insiders say she would play Pym’s (Douglas) daughter and Lang’s love interest," according to Variety. "Pym didn’t have a daughter in the comics but [Ant-Man screenwriters Joe] Cornish and Wright could certainly have switched things up in their version by giving him one."

Surely there's a strong possibility of her being Wasp??... how have IGN not mentioned that?

She'd be a brilliant choice and addition to the roster of women already in this series!

SO they are gonna have two of the Ant-Man characters? Pym and Lang? I though Rudd was gonna play Pym.... be interesting to see how this plays out.... maybe Pym will create the tech but Lang will don the suit?

Basically this maybe:

anthony-hopkins-zorro.jpg

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/23/edgar-wright-departs-marvelas-ant-man

EDGAR WRIGHT DEPARTS MARVEL’S ANT-MAN

Director Edgar Wright has reportedly left his Marvel Studios film Ant-Man.

Variety reports that Marvel already has a new director, but they're not revealing the name just yet. The studio and Wright split up "due to differences in their vision of the film," Marvel and the director said in a statement.

Developing...

The fuck!?... He is/was this movie.

WTF? Is this gonna cause a delay in it again? I thought this whole project was that of Wrights? Maybe Marvel wanted certain things to happen to build for Avengers 3 which Wright didnt want?

Maybe he didn't want to tow the company line and turn in another asanine as fuck cookie-cutter Disney Marvel film. Maybe he wanted to actually direct it.

Bloody hell you've got negative towards Marvel's films... what film's done this to you?

You can see by Guardians of the Galaxy even being in production that Marvel aren't adverse to taking risks, and it's not just Iron Man 4.

Edited by Retro_Link

He hated The Winter Soldier which was awesome, well received by fans and critics, and loved Man Of Steel and Amazing Spider-Man 2 which was highly criticised by fans and critics alike.

Basically, he has started taking drugs, I believe.

I should note that;

A) I love Daft.

B) I loved MOS.

C) I really liked ASM2.

But yeah, he's absolutely crazy and just plain wrong on this current....like....fire trail?

Bloody hell you've got negative towards Marvel's films... what film's done this to you?

You can see by Guardians of the Galaxy even being in production that Marvel aren't adverse to taking risks, and it's not just Iron Man 4.

I also thought DOFP was awesome. I love Marvel. I hate what Disney do with it. Their movies are toned down schlock. Homestly, I have no idea why Rez of all people likes their films, he actually reads the comics (which are fantastic). Thor is a fantastic character, but in the film he's just some Shakespearian space jock (seriously, do yourself a favour and read The God Butcher and Godbomb). Iron Man 2 and 3 were also SO bad; two massively long AUDI adverts (and the third one which his 'post-traumatic stress'? Wut?). And I actually like The Avengers.

Also, Cap 2 was like a spy thriller...except without any remotely intelligent plotting, awful pacing and a really unconvincing 'twist'.

But what's worst of all, is that they are all so bland visually and - when they get past their origins - bland narratively and poor at developing their characters (with the exception of Black Widow - who was brilliant in Cap 2).

I don't buy into 'GotG being a risk' rhetoric; I can promise you this, at the end of the day, it'll just be The Avengers - but in space. They save the universe. They characters get developed only so far as they need to be. They all have their HILARIOUS one liners that get old real quick. The Marvel universe won't collapse if it's rubbish (which it won't be because they won't take ANY risks with it, this isn't Jupiter Ascending which looks diabolically bad). Disney have a gargantuane budget behind it's marketing. The Marvel brand will sell this film alone. Disney 'take risks' on shitty movies all the time, this isn't some kind of heroic act (see crap-fests John Carter, Lone Ranger, Tron Legacy).

One of the great things about comics is that they allowed an individual to project their interpretation of a story with almost no bounds. Marvel, in their attempts to negate all risk and create this shared movieverse have these films on a production line.

I absolutely hate what Disney do. They are deathly uncreative. They do a characters a disservice. They don't make superhero films, they make action films and then put superheroes in them. They don't inspire me.

Edited by Daft

I have the opposite view of the Marvel films. Other than Captain America, the first batch weren't that good. One Disney took over and produced The Avengers and everything after, the films were much better.

its obvious now Daft is hatting the popular and loving the unpopular...........that he's a bloody hipster

:heh: