NEurope
Retro_Link

Ant-Man Movie

Saw this last night, with absolutely no spoilers, like I have been doing. Good thing, too, I'm surprised at how much those trailers show.

I thought it was really, really good! Everything worked well, from the writing to the visual/special effects, this film makes excellent use of the shrinking mechanics, for cool action scenes and silly comedy both.

So, the actors were great for their roles. Paul Rudd was good, I'm not too big on Evangeline Lily, but she was also good (and we'll probably be seeing more of her, now). Both Michael Peña and Pseudo-Lex Luthor were awesome, and it's always a pleasure to see Michael Douglas.

The villain's suit looked awesome, and the climactic fight was something else. The juxtaposition between silly and dramatic worked surprisingly well (Siri, ping-pong pads, Thomas the Tank Engine... And of course, the ants :grin:).

Speaking of the villain, this adaptation took a few liberties, and I think that's a good thing (as I understand, he was a one-time villain/rival who got a larger role in this film. Furthermore, no villain has ever wore the Yellow Jacket before now: it has always been dangerous suit that Hank wore). We also got a backstory for Hank Pym (and Wasp) that fits nicely into the MCU, without feeling the need to shoehorn them into the founding of the Avengers.

Finally, the movie made me genuinely laugh so many times. Props to Michael Peña, and everything involving his character

Non-spoilery version: great movie, pretty silly in a good way, highly recommended.

Haven't watched any trailers. Bought my tickets, it opens the 23rd here. Looking forward to it!

Went to see this earlier today and i really loved it, it felt so different to the other marvel films and much more like GOTG, the Edgar Wright touches were there, some bits seemed very him - the bit in Baskin Robbins, i was so hoping he'd get a cornetto

Specifically, Paul Rudd nailed it he brought his humour into this film but filled that role of the hero so well, all the reservations i had were gone in the first 30 min

The Supporting cast were great too lots of comic relief

Nice to see Falcon get more screen time too

In the microverse bit at the end of the film, when the screen was flashing images, was i the only one who saw a wasp shaped outline during that?

With Hank and Janet operating after WWII up to the 80's and being part of Peggy's shield could thy be cast in Agent Carter later down the line? when it reaches the late 70's/80's?

I think my only complaint was Corey Stahl,as much as i like him he's more of a supporting actor

Popped into see this earlier. Not a bad movie, surprisingly good.

Movie as a whole worked well, the special effects were marvellous.

The actors and actresses they chose for the roles were excellent, Paul Rudd played his part well and so did Evangeline Lily. I loved the villian's suit, reminded me of a robotic Dr Octopus more than anything else. But the splits between the micro world and the normal world, complete with comedy moments (Thomas the Tank becoming a much larger problem, and and ant to name two) were done very well. The touches to the Marvel world were done well, nothing too overpowering as this is meant to be a new hero.

Story was good none the less, i did especially love the ants throughout.

My only slight regret, wish i saw this in 3D and not 2D. May go back for a 2nd viewing.

Went to see Ant-Man at the cinema. I thought it was good but not great. I usually really like comic movie origin stories but I thought this one took too long to get going. Still though, it was an enjoyable movie and I'm looking forward to seeing more from him in the MCU.

Went to see this earlier today and i really loved it, it felt so different to the other marvel films and much more like GOTG, the Edgar Wright touches were there, some bits seemed very him - the bit in Baskin Robbins, i was so hoping he'd get a cornetto

Specifically, Paul Rudd nailed it he brought his humour into this film but filled that role of the hero so well, all the reservations i had were gone in the first 30 min

The Supporting cast were great too lots of comic relief

Nice to see Falcon get more screen time too

In the microverse bit at the end of the film, when the screen was flashing images, was i the only one who saw a wasp shaped outline during that?

With Hank and Janet operating after WWII up to the 80's and being part of Peggy's shield could thy be cast in Agent Carter later down the line? when it reaches the late 70's/80's?

I think my only complaint was Corey Stahl,as much as i like him he's more of a supporting actor

I actually really liked Corey. I thought he played a very good villain, even if he was a bit 2d.