NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mobile gaming and mega fun apps

I'll give it a try. Sounds like a really simple, 2D version of Nuts & Bolts without the humour or most of what made it great.

But it's free so there's no harm trying.

Whilst it is the trendy thing to hate on Rovio and Angry Birds. I actually really enjoyed Space and really enjoying Bad Piggies so far. Once you get past the somewhat basic opening "tutorial" levels its fun all the way. Plus it's free on Android which is amazing.

Also picked up Rayman Jungle Run this week. They did a fantastic job of distilling down what makes Rayman great and making it work on a touchscreen.

Yeah, Bad Piggies is getting better. Stil maintain it's very hard. Most of the levels seem to be quite random when going for the three stars, while others are actually impossible. Collecting a star that's in the opposite direction to the map, all within 5 seconds? How?!

Yeah I got it on iOS a few days ago, very impressed with it actually! Makes some nice additions, I love the option to either start a save game or pick "No save mode", that's how Sonic 1 should be played! Also adds in spin-dash as an option, and some extra characters, all wrapped in some nice presentation. Not a fan of Sonic CD but still like what's been done with it.

Speaking of which, anyone else a big Sonic Dash fan? My favourite infinite runner I think, although I just unlocked all characters and completed all missions... funny how once the unlockables appear, a high score no longer feels like a goal :p

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'mobile game' but has anyone tried 'Say the Same Thing'? It's a cool idea for a game (not just a mobile one, seems like it would be good for dinner parties or something) that apparently was thought up by Ok Go (the band).

Basically you and another person (friend or anonymous) both say a random word at the same time, and then when you see those two words, you have to then both say a word in between them, in order to try and get you both saying the same word (hence the name!).

It's quite hard at first, but reasonably fun.

Speaking of which, anyone else a big Sonic Dash fan? My favourite infinite runner I think, although I just unlocked all characters and completed all missions... funny how once the unlockables appear, a high score no longer feels like a goal :p

I thought it was out on Android, but I can't find it.

Worth downloading then, seemed like a decent time waster? They made it free now didn't they?

I paid about 1.60 for it but it's free to play now yeah. I didn't need any in-app purchases to unlock everything in the end either.

It's good yeah, if you like games like Temple Run. The learning curve is a bit steep, at first I thought it was really unbalanced and unfair but actually just takes a little bit of skill to figure out how to tackle various configurations of obstacles. Really nice visually, too.

Played a bit of Sonic 1, impressed you can choose which region boxart to display.

The special stages seem to to have been redone. Can't put my finger on it but they look different to the original.

Noticed you can't attack Robotnik in Green Hill act 3 until he starts attacking unlike before when you can start hitting him as soon as he appears.

Also: I hate touch screen controls. It does support controllers but I'm at work so can't test them yet.

Basically you and another person (friend or anonymous) both say a random word at the same time, and then when you see those two words, you have to then both say a word in between them, in order to try and get you both saying the same word (hence the name!).
I don't follow your explanation at all. Where are you going to "see" the words?

Yeah sorry i didn't make any sense at all....

You both 'type' a word, and then when you have both inputted a word, they come up on the screen. Then you type the next word, and try and get the same word by homing in on words that are similar to the two previous ones.

If you were playing at a dinner party, i suppose you would write them down on bits of paper etc.

Link if i'm still not making any sense.

The special stages seem to to have been redone. Can't put my finger on it but they look different to the original.

I've noticed that the frame rate is way, way improved, which actually makes them much more difficult I think.

I've noticed that the frame rate is way, way improved, which actually makes them much more difficult I think.

Yeah, the stage rotating seemed weird so that's probably it. I found them harder as well.

Just unlocked Knuckles, unlike Sonic he doesn't chuckle.

Screenshot_2013-05-23-13-27-18.png

Still has all of his abilities, wall climbing, gliding and destroying breakable walls without spinning. Since the levels weren't designed for him it's mostly quite pointless.

They added a nice touch once you unlock Tails as well.

I have to say this version is a lot better than the recent 3DS release in Japan, seem they didn't put in the same amount of effort on that.

I did notice that, in the first zone, you can't kill Robotnik before he deploys his weapon.

Does anyone here have Simpsons Tapped out? If so want to swap Origin ID's? Some of the events are a pain in the ass to do without other people playing it regularly.

Last event Whacking day was difficult with only 4 other frequent players.

Does anyone here have Simpsons Tapped out? If so want to swap Origin ID's? Some of the events are a pain in the ass to do without other people playing it regularly.

Last event Whacking day was difficult with only 4 other frequent players.

I deleted it precisely for reasons related to that, along with frequent server errors.

Sonic 2 Remaster is out on IOS and Android!

Hidden Palace stage has been restored and Knuckles is also playable from the start this time.

With a new phone comes a new interest in mobile gaming. Some of the noteworthy games I've come across.