NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Hotmail - can't access e-mails...

So I logged into Hotmail today as usual and I can't check my e-mails or do anything at all really, I can log in no problem but it won't let me click on any of the main links including my inbox... I can get to my inbox by going to my profile and then access my inbox from there but then I can't access any e-mails or delete them, it's odd to say the least and I'm hoping there's an easy fix. :hmm:

I last used it yesterday without having any problems, I sent an e-mail and it was working fine this has only happened today, relevant details listed below...

Operating System - Windows XP

Browser - Firefox

Antivirus - Avira

Yes I have tried grudgingly using internet explorer and the same thing happens, I have also tried logging in on another computer which actually works so that would suggest it's a problem with something on my machine, I've cleared the history, cookies etc and I've even treid performing a system restore point... all fruitless. :(

If anyone has any - sensible and helpful - suggestions then they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

sensible and helpful

Damn, there goes my initial suggestion. I'll try a better one...

It could just be a temporary server issue.

Anyway, you could try accessing your mail via POP:

POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)

POP SSL required?: Yes

User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example [email protected]

Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live

SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25)

Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)

TLS/SSL required? Yes

Though Gmail/Thunderbird/Outlook/OtherPOPprogram.

I'll consider that Cube but only if I absolutely have to, it's so annoying that this is only happening on my PC... I can access it from any other PC, just wish I knew what was causing this, surely it can't be a temporary server issue if it's only my PC? or maybe it can... I just figured that if it's a server issue then the problem would be more widespread. [/unsure]

I was going to suggest you do what Cube says or import all your mail to another client.

Interesting... seems it was a glitch or a conflict as I disabled Avira momentarily, tried my e-mail and it works again, must have been something to do with the built-in e-mail protection, turned it all on again and it's still working, I probably should have tried disabling it first before posting this thread. :blush:

Ah well never mind, at least it's sorted now... it's always the simple things. :indeed:

Sign in to follow this