NEurope
Retro_Link

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Oh, well I'm proud of 'Hero' at least :) Come ooooon, they're "Hero's in a half shell!!"

Yeah that's what I like most about the van.

I think Don could have come up with something a little better, but hey that's what sequels are for!

... welll, that and blimps ;)

Edited by Retro_Link

Do you mean instead of Hero?? C'mon, the UK got censored there because they thought our kids couldn't handle it, the last thing we should be is proud.

Exactly what I was thinking!

No, the theme was unchanged apart from the title....

PS every time you use an apostrophe for a plural a kitten dies

I don't like what they seems to have done to Raphael.

He's my favorite Turtle and they seem to have made him into some beefcake, and with the bandana, I can tell he might be the meat head type character. I really hope not.

The other three look good however. Don's metal bo... fair enough. Is that a metal baseball bat on his back??...

Edited by Retro_Link

Watch the new Turtles seriesssss!
What is it about it?

I can't see Bay drawing any influences from it though, he pretty much did his own thing with Transformers.

Don't ruin Raph!

I can see him being some Vin Diesel type, like a muscle guy who does up cars.

Why has Donatello knicked Egon Spengler's Ecto Goggles?
haha, I thought hat too! Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

The new Turtles series is absolutely amazing.

Leonardo = Jason Biggs

Raphael = Sean Astin

Donatello = The guy who voiced Raph in the original series

Michaelangelo = I dunno, but he is good.

It's funny, cool, nice designs, overarching plots and storylines, good animation, and just...awesome.

Samwise pissing Gamgee does Raphael's voice?... No way.

Yes way! YES FREAKING WAY!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say it's quite dark in places. In S2 a squirrel climbs down the throat of a dude. The whole episode is a homage to Alien.

And the guy who voices every video game character in the last 6 years that isn't voiced by Troy Baker is Krang.

No, it's not. It just doesn't look the same as the '80s cartoon.
No because this isn't the 80's cartoon either and looks great...

why does Donatello have Glasses?why does mikey look almost efeminate, so raph is a steroid junkie with roid rage....

Leonardo i can live with, he ain't too bad

but whats with all the dudebro touches? the jeans, the sun glasses...its like they are aiming this at the Jersey shore crowd

Oh man, the new art style is horrible!

Lies. Flat out lies. The designs are awesome.

No because this isn't the 80's cartoon either and looks great...

Meh. I don't dislike that one but it's super generic. One of the things I love about the new Turtles series is that they are all different. Different shape heads, different colours, different heights - just like real creatures.

but whats with all the dudebro touches? the jeans, the sun glasses...its like they are aiming this at the Jersey shore crowd

They're teenage boys who want to look cool!

Lies. Flat out lies. The designs are awesome.

Meh. I don't dislike that one but it's super generic. One of the things I love about the new Turtles series is that they are all different. Different shape heads, different colours, different heights - just like real creatures.

hmm, I just don't like the mix and the 3D elements, and that bit in the intro where it shows all the other characters in the show, they're just not a style of illustration I like.

If anything I think this series looks generic too.

The previous series style followed a trend looking like that, and I think this has done the same, where cartoons seem to go for a very cheap looking style of 3D animation.

They're teenage boys who want to look cool!
Cool yes, but not douchebags. I hope they're very likeable.

why does Donatello have Glasses?why does mikey look almost efeminate, so raph is a steroid junkie with roid rage....

Indeed...

The lipstick and noses irk me also.

This....He is a meant to be a bro.

The current cartoon is not poorly designed. Have you people ever heard the phrase "don't knock it til you've tried it"?? The animation is fucking smooth as anything. These days a lot of kids cartoons are done in CG to save a lot of time and money with shit animation/piss poor collision/scenery interaction etc. Turtles is not that, there's massive attention to detail in every action and whilst the models may seem simple, they have masses of individual charm and the voices ooze (heh) personality.

It's also funny as balls and is doing a great job of retelling the whole Krang/Shredder arcs. They took some chances like making April and high-schooler but have done it really well.

It's easily the best Turtles series. Stuff your stupid 80s cartoon and episodes about martian tourists that capture landmarks in magic cameras.

As for that latest promo art, I guess I was right about Mikey's lips from that Halloween mask, but I'll have to wait and see the team in motion before giving a final judgement.