NEurope
ReZourceman

The Hunger Games

Ah OK, all that makes sense now.

I obviously got caught up in all the excitement and lost myself.

if one end of the wire was wrapped around the tree, and they trundled off with the other end, what was the arrow attached to?

I need to watch it again I think, that whole section went by too fast.

Edit: Cheers Ashley. What did i do wrong?

The wire had been cut, so the trundled off end didn't matter.

in the time it took for Katniss to get back to the tree, Specs had gathered in the wire and wrapped it around a stick, then got himself stabbed?

Naw man. Naw. Something here just don't add up.

Anyway it doesn't matter, i understand the main gist of it now.

Tried watching this on Wednesday but the cinema broke. The picture disappeared but we still had sound but then the sound went and the picture came back. They kept saying it'll be just a minute but after 15 minutes my friend and I had to go. We watched it on Thursday instead though and I thought it was good. I didn't really buy into the hype of the first one (and only actually watched it a month or two ago) but it was alright.

Did anyone else think it was really obvious that

Philip Seymour Hoffman's character was clearly working his own agenda? I won't say I knew he was going to be helping Katniss but I definitely thought he was working against President Santa.

Tried watching this on Wednesday but the cinema broke. The picture disappeared but we still had sound but then the sound went and the picture came back. They kept saying it'll be just a minute but after 15 minutes my friend and I had to go. We watched it on Thursday instead though and I thought it was good. I didn't really buy into the hype of the first one (and only actually watched it a month or two ago) but it was alright.

Did anyone else think it was really obvious that

Philip Seymour Hoffman's character was clearly working his own agenda? I won't say I knew he was going to be helping Katniss but I definitely thought he was working against President Santa.

I think it was meant to be obvious to anyone who was paying attention. He told Katniss that she inspired him and whenever President Snow wanted to kill her outright, he would create a reason not to.

Even I worked that out, and I wasn't even paying attention for half the film.

I finally saw it! I went to see it with my dad because he wanted to see it as well because he liked the first one.

It was absolutely amazing! Loved every second of it! I think it's on par with the first one for me, which is a very good thing. The movie went by so fast for me. When it was over, I thought I was in there for about an hour or something but when I got out of the cinema, it was near 10pm and I was in there at 7.05pm.

My dad didn't like it though, lmao. I don't think he wants to see Mockingjay: Part One, haha.

But yeah, I thought it was absolutely brilliant and I'd recommend anyone to see it! The only thing I didn't like (and this had nothing to do with the film but more of the cinema) was that a woman brought her 3 year old daughter to see it. I turned to my dad and asked if we got the right cinema and we didn't accidentally go into the room showing Frozen! :D

So I've actually been getting into The Hunger Games recently, finished reading Catching Fire last night as I've read the first two book within a matter of days after trying to limit myself to a certain amount of chapters... just doesn't work as I haven't read many books over the past few years but now seeing as I've had some time off I decided it was time to get properly back into it. :D

Really enjoying the books so far :) I'd been meaning to give them a go for a while but never got around to it but decided to after a recent recommendation and now I'm wishing that I'd just started reading sooner. :p

Very enjoyable storyline so far, liking the setting, characters seem decent too; I do like Katniss Everdeen even though I'll admit that Peeta, Haymitch and other characters do seem more interesting at times but overall I just can't stop reading, wanting to find out what happens next so for me the pacing seems to be pretty much spot-on. :)

I managed to get a copy of the first film on Blu-Ray in the red-case two-disc edition for around a ten pounds second hand in decent condition which I was quite pleased with, hopefully I'll give it a watch later tonight but before that I'll have almost certainly have started reading Mockingjay. I'm now looking forward to buying Catching Fire on Blu-Ray too when it's released though I don't know quite how I feel about them making the final book into two films :hmm: I suppose it depends on the quality of the final book but either way I'm sticking with it for the duration now as it has certainly been worth my time so far. : peace:

So I've actually been getting into The Hunger Games recently, finished reading Catching Fire last night as I've read the first two book within a matter of days after trying to limit myself to a certain amount of chapters... just doesn't work as I haven't read many books over the past few years but now seeing as I've had some time off I decided it was time to get properly back into it. :D

Really enjoying the books so far :) I'd been meaning to give them a go for a while but never got around to it but decided to after a recent recommendation and now I'm wishing that I'd just started reading sooner. :p

Very enjoyable storyline so far, liking the setting, characters seem decent too; I do like Katniss Everdeen even though I'll admit that Peeta, Haymitch and other characters do seem more interesting at times but overall I just can't stop reading, wanting to find out what happens next so for me the pacing seems to be pretty much spot-on. :)

I managed to get a copy of the first film on Blu-Ray in the red-case two-disc edition for around a ten pounds second hand in decent condition which I was quite pleased with, hopefully I'll give it a watch later tonight but before that I'll have almost certainly have started reading Mockingjay. I'm now looking forward to buying Catching Fire on Blu-Ray too when it's released though I don't know quite how I feel about them making the final book into two films :hmm: I suppose it depends on the quality of the final book but either way I'm sticking with it for the duration now as it has certainly been worth my time so far. : peace:

Yay! Another Tribute on board! Welcome, my son!

I adore The Hunger Games so much. Catching Fire and Mockingjay were my favourites out of the books but I loved The Hunger Games too. Mockingjay is probably my favourite out of the lot though. As long as they follow the details of the book closely, I don't mind them doing it in two-parts.

Yay! Another Tribute on board! Welcome, my son!

I adore The Hunger Games so much. Catching Fire and Mockingjay were my favourites out of the books but I loved The Hunger Games too. Mockingjay is probably my favourite out of the lot though. As long as they follow the details of the book closely, I don't mind them doing it in two-parts.

Thank you Animal. :)

And that's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear, makes me want to read Mockingjay right now... it's there on my desk, taunting me but I promised myself that I'd save it until a little later in the day... still though. :heh:

*twitches from reading withdrawal*

Will definitely be watching the first film tonight though. :D

Thank you Animal. :)

And that's exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear, makes me want to read Mockingjay right now... it's there on my desk, taunting me but I promised myself that I'd save it until a little later in the day... still though. :heh:

*twitches from reading withdrawal*

Will definitely be watching the first film tonight though. :D

Catching Fire is the better film as well. It did the book so much justice! Fingers crossed that it'll do a Harry Potter and all the films are perfect! :D

Well I watched The Hunger Games last night and while I thoroughly enjoyed it I couldn't help but feel that there were plenty of concessions that were made in the translation of book to film. :hmm: But then I think to myself that there always would have been a certain amount of differences in any case, particularly with the first film and yet they still pulled it off rather well which makes me think that this is definitely a lovingly produced endeavour of bringing the books to the big screen so naturally I can't wait now until the release of Catching Fire on Blu Ray/DVD in a few months. :D

Meanwhile I'm now onto chapter fourteen of Mockingjay literally almost 50% through the book according to my kindle - #NotEnoughSpaceForPhysicalBooksInMyLife :p -so quite possibly at the point where part one of the film might end and I'm still very much enjoying the reading experience and I can't wait to see how it all ends, even though I'll be sad when it's all over :( but then remember that at least I have the future films to look forward to. :)

Great to see a thread for this.

Watched both films over the last week. What the hell was I waiting for?

The story has just entranced me. It is in my mind constantly. I can't get enough, I now want to read the next book. But...kinda now think it may ruin the films. Hmmm. Undecided.

Either way. Just sublime. So much depth to it all. It says so much about humanity and the themes running throughout are handled with care and intrigue.

The ending of Catching Fire is up there with The Matrix (first one) for me. Brilliant films, story and the visuals were awesome too.

Great to see a thread for this.

Watched both films over the last week. What the hell was I waiting for?

The story has just entranced me. It is in my mind constantly. I can't get enough, I now want to read the next book. But...kinda now think it may ruin the films. Hmmm. Undecided.

Either way. Just sublime. So much depth to it all. It says so much about humanity and the themes running throughout are handled with care and intrigue.

The ending of Catching Fire is up there with The Matrix (first one) for me. Brilliant films, story and the visuals were awesome too.

If it's any consolation I would rate the books over the films - so far - even though I applaud the books being brought to life in a new way as movies.

So I would say that it would be better to read all of the books before the final two films come out - the last book Mockingjay is going to be split across two films - or at the very least you might as well read the first books which you've already seen as films and then see how you feel? : peace:

So the new one... Kind of a waste of two hours. Hate it when movies do unnecessary Part 1 and 2s.