NEurope
Ashley

All-in-One PCs

Hey folks,

Considering getting an all-in-one PC as my mabook is long past it's sell-by date.

Had a brief look around earlier and considering a HP one but I'm pretty open. I will mostly use it for general web browsing but I do plan on doing creative stuff (photoshop, video editing etc) so it needs to be able to do that, but not live by that. If that makes sense.

Anyway send me some recommendations!

We have a couple at work. I use a Lenovo one which is pretty decent, and my boss uses better HP one. Mine works for stuff like Sage Accounts, Sage ACT! and Photoshop.

One thing to mention is that the touch screens are useless. Nothing wrong with the technology - it's the position of the screens which makes them useless.

Well I had a look at some of the (Amazon) reviews of the HP ones mentions they can be adjusted to a variety of angles so using touch screen is easier. However, I can't imagine I'll use the touch screen too much but it would be nice to have (for no great reason :p)

I have explicitly chosen not to get an iMac having come from a Macbook :heh:

My affection for Apple has quickly depleted.

But this isn't a thread about Apple so let's gussy on.

My dad has always been happy with his HP though, the quality can be a bit flimsy I hear.

I wouldn't really recommend an All-in-One PC unless you're really tight for space. If any components malfunction in it, or you want to replace a part for a more powerful or higher capacity one, generally it's a pain in the arse, or downright impossible (often, parts like RAM, Processors, Graphic Cards, etc are soldered directly to the Motherboard, thus making them almost impossible to replace). If anything goes wrong, chances are that you'll have to return it to the manufacturer.

Plus, having a normal desktop PC is a lot cheaper, and it's much easier to maintain.