NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Epic Mickey 3DS: Power of Illusion (Nov 23rd)

The more precisely you trace, the better for Mickey.

Balls .

This should look pretty good in 3D. I shall eagerly await the first gameplay video.

Wow, much more retro looking than I was expecting!!

I was thinking this would be more DCKR/Cave Story 3DS, in terms of a 2D/3D mix, but it's nice to see something very classic looking, and yeah should look great in 3D.

I have extremely fond memories of both Castle and World of Illusion on the MegaDrive so I will definitely be renting this, possibly purchasing if revews are strong.

Damn, I edited this post a lot. Still not happy with it.

Edited by Guy

That looks fantastic! (16 bit Pixel art FTW!) The type of game that is sorely lacking on the 3DS (Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds aren't enough!)

I just hope that the gameplay is as good as the visuals...

More retro graphics please, developers. As great as handheld 3D can be (cramped ports aside), it's impossible to deny the charm of such well presented pixel art.

Looks really good, I was gonna ignore this game thinking it would just be like Epic Mickey on the Wii but now it reminds me of all the Mickey Mouse games I played on Megadrive.

Wasn't particularly interested in the game before but those screens are really nice.

Can't believe how excited I am for this! Nice to see there are still some developers who remember the old ways. :)

“We’re honored to be able to pay tribute to this classic video game by creating a title that truly takes advantage of the unique capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, putting the magic of Disney and the historic Castle of Illusion in the palm of your hands.”

In “Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion,” Reality is What You Paint of It. The game offers a special drawing and painting function that allows players to create rough versions of objects that magically transform into classic Disney-style 2D illustrations. Utilizing the game’s unparalleled dual screen integration, players then move their creations to the top screen where they are further transformed into full-color, fully-rendered 3D visuals.

Paying tribute to the classic Sega Genesis title “Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse,” “Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion” focuses on the fabled Castle of Illusion, which has fallen into Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions – and now forgotten video games. The evil witch Mizrabel, villainess from the classic “Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse,” finds herself an unwilling inhabitant of Wasteland, and unleashes a plot to escape using the Castle of Illusion to imprison and drain the cartoon essence from currently famous Toons. Players will take on the role of Mickey Mouse as he utilizes his magical brush to wield paint and thinner to confront Mizrabel and save the Toons.

“The original ‘Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse’ changed the face of video gaming by allowing players to play as Mickey Mouse in a side-scrolling adventure full of dynamic environments,” said Warren Spector, vice president and creative director, Junction Point. “We’re honored to be able to pay tribute to this classic video game by creating a title that truly takes advantage of the unique capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, putting the magic of Disney and the historic Castle of Illusion in the palm of your hands.”

I'm loving the sound of all of this.:yay:

That's a really brilliant concept they've got with Wasteland there! and really clever to have thought of using an old game that's fallen into it! *shame I haven't played the original as it'll be a bit lost on me*

If only Nintendo had their own, I think the Koopa Kids would be the first to show up! :D

Regarding the drawing objects... is it implying tha mechanic works a bit like Scribblenauts... or will it simply be more like if an obvious bridge/painting or something is missing to progress, then you draw that?

Anyway, the game sounds good!

Edited by Retro_Link

The original ‘Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse’ changed the face of video gaming...

Of course it did. :indeed:

This game looks like it could be good, though. If nothing else, it should look great.

disney-epic-mickey-power-of-illusion-20120404105616467-000.jpg

Hook: You fight like a dairy farmer.

Edited by Cube

Hook: You fight like a diary farmer.

"How appropriate, you fight like a little girl."

Because, you know... diary...

disney-epic-mickey-power-of-illusion-20120404105614045_640w.jpg

You can sort of get an idea in this one of how the bottom screen painting mechanic will work. (Two cannons are drawn in but one isn't.)

I love how it uses the original sound effects from Castle of Illusion! Now all we need is a sequel to Quackshot.

Am so glad that developers realised a few years ago that every new game doesn't have to be in 3D.

Sign in to follow this